What is Write the World?

Announcements

• The countdown is on! Award-winning poet Phil Kaye's workshop starts next Saturday, September 25, from 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm EDT. Don't miss the chance to join him live for this interactive workshop!

SPECIAL OFFER: Use code 15offphil for 15% off! Join us today.
  • This week's Writer Pick is "Hibiscus" by rosie_ (Australia), nominated by Chai Tea (Australia), for its exploration of "how symbols of hope can bind people together, revealing to the reader how a person's loss of a loved one can increase their value of relationships."

Nominate a piece for Writer Pick here!     
  • Our Wednesday Words pick for the week is "to do:" by SunV (India)! She reads it here.
  • The countdown is on for Early Decision/Action deadlines, and we are ready to help boost your chances of getting into your dream school! Submit your rough draft to our College Essay Review Service, and we'll use our rubric that encompasses what admissions officers look for. From in-line grammatical edits to extensive feedback on style, tone, voice, and more, we'll help you make your unique story shine!
See All Announcements

For Educators

Improve the writing and thinking skills your students need to succeed in school, career, and life. Learn How

Our Community

The_Sunrise_Queen (United States) liked 365: 234 - The Water by Watermelon6 (United States)

less than a minute ago

Raquel Braiani (Brazil) published:

Chapter 1: Welcome Back Home

"Land in sight!" shouts one of the sailors. I turn my head to face the man. His face expresses delight in a way I only can understand because I feel the same. After one hundred and sixty-two days of navigating, it was time to get back home. Not home, actually, the right word is "house.". Home is where our hearts are. House is just a place in dry land to rest a little before leaving again. Family - we...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2 minutes ago

Raquel Braiani (Brazil) published:

Chapter 1: Welcome Back Home

Seeking Peer Reviews

2 minutes ago

The_Sunrise_Queen (United States) liked 365: 233 - Summer Job by Watermelon6 (United States)

2 minutes ago

Carmen Katzenberger (United States) liked Why I Love Music by AJ123 (United States)

5 minutes ago

1

Watermelon6 (United States) published:

365: 234 - The Water

I don’t know the first thing about water. I love it with my whole heart, but the layers of the ocean will forever be a secret to me.
But I do know this:
when you race across the beach, your heels kicking up warm sand, the salty breeze whisking through your hair, and then you stop in the shallows, just feeling the cool waves lap against your ankles?
That is the best feeling in the entire world.

Seeking Peer Reviews

5 minutes ago

~wildflower~ (Australia) liked Innocence by *wildflower* (United States)

6 minutes ago

Carmen Katzenberger (United States) liked Dear You by The_Sunrise_Queen (United States)

7 minutes ago

The_Sunrise_Queen (United States) liked a love letter to blueberry muffins by Watermelon6 (United States)

14 minutes ago

Louis92 (Canada) published:

Life is not perfect - a movie review for "Kite Runner"

PROMPT: Film/TV Series Review Competition 2021

**THIS REVIEW CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK**

The Kite Runner, adapted from the novel by Khaled Hosseini, follows the story of Amir, a young boy who grows up in the city of Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan with his friend Hassan. There is a kite flying competition in Kabul. Kite Flying is a very big topic in this film, because the main character started out as...

15 minutes ago

Published Writing

Raquel Braiani (Brazil) published:

Chapter 1: Welcome Back Home

Seeking Peer Reviews

2 minutes ago

Raquel Braiani (Brazil) published:

Chapter 1: Welcome Back Home

Seeking Peer Reviews

2 minutes ago

1

Watermelon6 (United States) published:

365: 234 - The Water

But I do know this:

Seeking Peer Reviews

5 minutes ago

Louis92 (Canada) published:

15 minutes ago

Louis92 (Canada) published:

16 minutes ago

Taffy R. (New Zealand) published:

The Best Christmas Gift

He was still there. Willow knew that, but the vacant film that filtered through his blank stare seemed empty and void of emotion. The old man merely fiddled with his fingers, hands clammy and clenched due to lack of use. Those shaky hands were the only sign of visible movement as his gaze remained transfixed on the wall behind her. Willow gulped. She wasn’t sure how to approach him. The young girl glanced over her shoulder.

A mother desperately attempted...

Seeking Peer Reviews

20 minutes ago

3

katnissromanoff (United States) published:

I Always Said Tomorrow

I always said tomorrow. 
Tomorrow would be the day I talked to you.
No, I would say next week.
Yes, next week I would talk to you.
Maybe next month I'll say something.
Next month is absolutely the best choice.
Really, as long as I do it before summer,
Everything will work itself out.

But you won't be here next summer.
You won't be here next month.
I hope you'll be happy in your new home,
And I hope you'll...

Seeking Peer Reviews

25 minutes ago

1

Written_In_Water (United Kingdom) published:

Inflated

I have an inflated sense of self importance
Like the German Mark of 1923

Burn me
Because I'm not worth anything else
Throw me on the fire to keep you warm
I want to keep you warm 
So

BURN ME. BURN ME!

Please - because

no reason not to 
I'm good for NOTHING
Good for nothing else..
I'm just an inflated sense of self-importance
Ready to be licked up by the flames

burn me because you might as well
it'll...

Seeking Peer Reviews

30 minutes ago

Taffy R. (New Zealand) published:

A Work of Kintsugi (Poem)

The boy in the white hoodie felt like a porcelain vase,
Fragile to the touch and admired from afar.
He was already broken, his words edged and sharp,
But he melted into my hands as soon as I opened my mouth.

The boy in the white hoodie fell in love with my voice.
Not me, you see, but with the butterflies and the noise.
For his mind was loud and he longed for a distraction,
Anything to drown out his...

Seeking Peer Reviews

30 minutes ago

Sophia Yunwha (United Kingdom) published:

Last of the Mohicans- a retrospective review of a retrospective film

If you want a film that combines action, heroics, history and romance, Last of the Mohicans is the film for you. 

Last of the Mohicans is a book originally written by James Fenimore Cooper in 1826 which was then adapted into a film in 1936 by Philip Dunne and then yet again brought to people's screens by Michael Mann in 1992. It is under the genre of romanticism, exploring...

38 minutes ago

Seeking Reviews

Raquel Braiani (Brazil) published:

Chapter 1: Welcome Back Home

Seeking Peer Reviews

2 minutes ago

Raquel Braiani (Brazil) published:

Chapter 1: Welcome Back Home

Seeking Peer Reviews

2 minutes ago

1

Watermelon6 (United States) published:

365: 234 - The Water

But I do know this:

Seeking Peer Reviews

5 minutes ago

Taffy R. (New Zealand) published:

The Best Christmas Gift

A mother desperately attempted...

Seeking Peer Reviews

20 minutes ago

3

I Always Said Tomorrow

I always said tomorrow. 
No, I would say next week.
Yes, next week I would talk to you.
Maybe next month I'll say something.
Everything will work itself out.

But you won't be here next summer.
You won't be here next month.
And I hope you'll...

Seeking Peer Reviews

25 minutes ago

1

Inflated

Like the German Mark of 1923

Burn me
Because I'm not worth anything else
Throw me on the fire to keep you warm
I want to keep you warm 
So

BURN ME. BURN ME!

Please - because

no reason not to 
I'm good for NOTHING
Good for nothing else..
Ready to be licked up by the flames

burn me because you might as well
it'll...

Seeking Peer Reviews

30 minutes ago

Taffy R. (New Zealand) published:

A Work of Kintsugi (Poem)

Anything to drown out his...

Seeking Peer Reviews

30 minutes ago

38 minutes ago

12

Coco pebbles [ChildOfGod] (United States) published:

The (Definitely True) Tale Of The Grimm Brothers

Jacob Grimm: I’ve done it! 

Wilhelm Grimm: What have you done this time? 

Jacob Grimm: Brother, I’ve been up all night brainstorming about some new stories we could write. 

Wilhelm Grimm: Fantastic! Now tell me, what ideas have you got? 

Jacob: I think we should write something that has to do with history to teach children. 

Wilhelm Grimm: I think that is a great idea! 

Jacob Grimm: The story would be about two dumb children who get lost in the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

38 minutes ago

Freshly oiled train on perfect tracks

You ever feel like
Everything's just going so well
That it must be ready,
must be ripe,
must be about to
Fall apart?

Well its nothing like that.
Everything's going so well
And no matter what - it'll keep going that way
I'm the one that's falling apart
Needlessly

Like a freshly oiled train
Juddering over smooth steel tracks
Probably just for the attention
So the passengers look up wondering angrily
What could possibly be wrong?!

Seeking Peer Reviews

39 minutes ago