Our Commmunity

1

Jasmine_K (United States) published:

poem from archived letters (mine)

hello, hello. tonight i am carrying the weight of your love in my bones. it is surprising i haven’t collapsed yet + i get dressed in the clouds of hookah smoke + think of you. my collarbone has a ball around it from when i broke it in second grade. good morning. good night. when i get back will you take me around the city gardens? give me a tour of the modern art museum and kiss me under the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 minute ago

Landofstories (Canada) liked simple beauties by Anne Blackwood (United States)

8 minutes ago

V-Rose (United States) published:

Flying on Broken Wings: Chapter 2

Aiden laid next to me until I fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning, he was right outside the tent with a small fire going. There was a raven sitting next to me and I smiled at it. It was a beautiful bluish-black color with black eyes. She hopped closer to me but when I sat up, she flew away.
    Aiden came over to me, holding two steaming mugs. "How are you feeling?"
    I took the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

12 minutes ago

sherry171 (Canada) published:

Why’d we ever let them grow their wings?

PROMPT: Semicolon Soirée

Get your laundry done every saturday morning; vacuum, mop, and dust your floor whenever you can, you know how bad your allergies get; avoid those rowdy raves and parties; I know you’ll be tempted by those girls’ nights out, but they’re a waste of your precious time; stay safe when walking or bussing through the big city at night; keep your keys and wallet close, and your best friends closer; don’t forget the thick jacket and blankets we got you...

17 minutes ago

AbbyMayHampsen (United States) published:

Semicolon Soiree

PROMPT: Semicolon Soirée

The morning bursts outside; birds do not sing, but screech, their warning warble into the air; ants march, not steady in a row, not otherly to build, or feed, or grow, but off in a mass to the other hive, to kill; badgers burrow only deeper to escape--as I wish I could--they follow their tunnel network to a central meeting places; the moles are waiting there, to plot and plan and share information, to sign a treaty or wage a...

21 minutes ago

Ollie Octopus (Canada) liked Death's Tales: Chapter 11 by V-Rose (United States)

23 minutes ago

Just_A_Memory (United States) liked if anxiety were an object by HelpMe512 (United States)

24 minutes ago

aditi (United States) liked Death's Tales: Chapter 11 by V-Rose (United States)

24 minutes ago

4

pineapples (United States) published:

Writing Streak Week 1 Day 1 - the dusty tomes of mythology.

the dusty tomes of mythology.

i.
dusty crypts and intricate hieroglyphics adorn the stones of the land. pyramidal monuments house the three honorable dead. and khafre and his lion's body protect them, facing the sun's awakening.
fireworks of fresh green sprout from the banks of the northbound deltabound traveler who carries rich silt on its back. 
and masks inlaid with gold to honor the ones wrapped in linen.
there are feline goddesses and dog-head reapers of the dead from the land...
Seeking Peer Reviews

26 minutes ago

Just_A_Memory (United States) liked The World Is Falling by Jason_claire:) (United States)

26 minutes ago