Our Commmunity

5

The Great Gabs-by (Singapore) published:

Hi guys, I'm sorry...

Hey guys,

I still have reviews to do (sorry that after so long, I only decided to say it now so I hope someone else reviews your work too:))) and stories to write but I don't think I can continue anymore. I've been thinking about this for awhile now and I've decided that this will be where I end my journey with Write the World. This platform was a great place for me to explore and experiment and after writing...

Seeking Peer Reviews

27 minutes ago

Flowerful (United States of America) published:

An Abandoned Lake

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Nights like these are my favorite.
    Not because I find them fun, or exciting, or even interesting-- It’s nothing like that. Maybe it’s just the way the frigid December air feels, the texture of the lake as my foot traces along it’s ice, soon melting into water again. I don’t think this is exciting at all; It’s the lack thereof that makes this place so appealing. Each time I arrive, I’m accompanied by a sense of eagerness. Eager for a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

38 minutes ago

Stewart Worthington (Australia) published:

How about you?

Does anyone want to be the one I think about? 
My mind is free for you to fill.
My heart is here for you to steal.

Seeking Peer Reviews

39 minutes ago

MarSan (Mexico) published:

Meeting the King

PROMPT: Bite-Sized Fantasy  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

When Odeo barges in the barn, sweat-drenched and panting, he doesn't find the King. 

A shiver rushes up to his spine, but he's certain, prophecies don't lie. Inside, everything is painted golden: the wheat, the steps touched by sunlight, the pitchforks. Odeo reaches a hand towards his earring, meeting a cracked surface. He pulls out a bit of his soul out of the shattered gem, dark fog circling his head. He can't perform a bigger spell, in fear of being...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Zen (United States of America) liked An Apology by pencil.scratches (India)

about 1 hour ago

Zen (United States of America) liked Diaphanous by pencil.scratches (India)

about 1 hour ago

tahlia_paiger (Australia) published:

The Original and The Clone

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

I hate to read books. I try to reach for the impossible world that they describe, but really it’s pushing me into an unknown darkness. I prefer to read science, things that describe reality. Voices in the gloom of my mind whisper in wonder about how humans destroyed our only chance at life. How are we so small compared to earth but leave such a large mess? The world that I live in is like smoke, continuously changing and there’s...

about 2 hours ago

Allison Badertscher (United States of America) published:

The Playground

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Chapter 1

Have you ever been put in a position, where you know what you should do, but you still have to decide if you shouldn’t do it anyway? I have, and I’m only eight years old. I shouldn’t be dealing with these kinds of big girl decisions yet. But I had to make one anyway last week. It was on Friday but I remember it like it was yesterday. 
    One of my friends in my class was swinging on...

about 3 hours ago

pencil.scratches (India) liked The Boy Without a Name by kellsjc (United States of America)

about 3 hours ago

aditi (United States of America) liked Coincidence? Fate? by Dmoral13 (United States of America)

about 3 hours ago

10
1

pencil.scratches (India) published:

An Apology

Mamma, I only went out for ten minutes,
I wanted to go next door to play,
I shut the door and I shut the gate,
And double-checked like you always say.

Mamma, I went out he stopped me,
That driver uncle from two houses away,
He gave me a chocolate,
And asked me if I wanted to go for a 'Ride" today.

Mamma, I know I should have refused,
But I was only seven that time,
And my naive, innocent...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

1

pencil.scratches (India) published:

An Apology

Mamma, I only went out for ten minutes,
I wanted to go next door to play,
I shut the door and I shut the gate,
And double-checked like you always say.

Mamma, I went out he stopped me,
That driver uncle from two houses away,
He gave me a chocolate,

Mamma, I know I should have refused,
But I was only seven that time,
And my naive, innocent...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

1

pencil.scratches (India) published:

Diaphanous

My hands were bleeding,
But they didn't care,
As I bent alone,
To pick up your pieces to try and put you back together.
But no one told me that when glass breaks the chipped parts will never heal,
Because those broken bits flee and hide in the darkness.
And everyone told me that while trying to piece you together, 
Your colors would fade,
That you wouldn't want to show yourself, cracks and all.
But they didn't see that they...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

aditi (United States of America) published:

The Soiree

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

"Have you located the weapon yet? I don't know how much longer I can stay here with these brainless mortals." I hissed into the comm, plastering a fake smile on my face and selected one of those small finger foods that wouldn't even satisfy a fly. 
"I'm working on it, Penthisilea. Just... wait for some more time." Polemusa sighed. I exhaled in frustration and grabbed a champagne flute, pretending to drink while scanning the room. The bubbly liquid tickled my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

clos (United States of America) liked Breakfast for Jai by KiLlJoYs MaKe SoMe NoIsE (United States of America)

about 4 hours ago

The Soiree

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

"I'm working on it, Penthisilea. Just... stall a little longer." Polemusa sighed. I exhaled in frustration and grabbed a champagne flute, pretending to drink while scanning the room. The bubbly liquid tickled my lips....

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

1

kellsjc (United States of America) published:

The Boy Without a Name

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Elton John once said, "And I'm afraid, in this day and age, trust, which I count so, you know, I love loyalty. I love trust." I figure we all wish for trust, like a child's safety blanket, like the companionship of a dear, long-lost friend?

The Boy did. The pitiful Boy, desiring comfort and trust. Even he himself thought it was dreadful, pathetic even. This kid was alone, untouchable by hope and lost too far into the artificial...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

The Boy Without a Name

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

Drishti Bhatia (India) liked Looking Back... by FoxLilly106 (United States of America)

about 4 hours ago

clos (United States of America) liked Looking Back... by FoxLilly106 (United States of America)

about 4 hours ago

clos (United States of America) liked Dear Sakura (Cherry Blossom) by Weeboo_Studios (United States of America)

about 4 hours ago

Jodalyn Joseph [STUDENT] (United States of America) published:

A True Reflection

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

"The feeling that comes with being independent doesn't always feel like a pleasure that has been given."
    That is how 18 year old Samara Sweets feels as she walks around her apartment, looking for something to make for dinner. She has been living in her apartment near the college she currently attends for almost a year. The main issue with her living situation is that Samara lives alone and is barely able to keep up with paying for...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 5 hours ago

Phoenix #sparkingcreativity

"Young lady, are you sure you want to go to the Forbidden Forest? It's not safe for a lady of your pedigree," the driver said hesitantly, torn between attending to his customer's request and the safety of himself and his horse. 
"I assure you, kind sir, that I will be safe. I will make sure to put in a good word with my father about your services," she said hurriedly. She could feel the beginnings of the rebirth, and she...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 5 hours ago

N. (United States of America) published:

halfway through autumnal bliss

My dear, do you mind
If I step the line between the
Soulless souls and lifeless lives
Just to feel the cool press
Of your hands in mine.
We could bend borrowed time
With hidden kisses and
Averted gazes underneath starred skies,
Sneaking around like a bard’s
Petulant characters. But
Don’t lose me, my darling,
Or it’s heaven to pay. Still,
Let us find chaos in this peace
of forever in a second.

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 5 hours ago

clos (United States of America) liked A path back up to positivity (edited) by Lesyeuxrose (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)

about 5 hours ago