Published Writing

Mina_77 (Australia) published:

World Of The Future

PROMPT: People Power!

Why do you vote? Why did you want to grow up?
You were excited. I remember.
Your head was high, and your smile proud.

Your father shook his head, failing to understand why you were grinning like a maniac in reference to something as mundane as voting for goodness sake.

And I shook my head too, but smiling all the same.  

Rosa came over that day, staring at you with envy and admiration. 
"Seventeen!" she cried. "What an awful number!...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4 minutes ago

Karin R (Australia) published:

Superheroes

PROMPT: Speechwriting Competition 2020

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Thor; who came to your mind when you heard the word Superheroes? Well, whoever you thought of, wipe their names off your mental chalkboard, and instead, let me tell, no, show you who the real superheroes are.
In light of recent events, we’ve come to realise that there are superheroes in your everyday life and you don’t need a bat symbol to summon them.
We have all struggled this year. Whether that be through the Australian...

4 minutes ago

Marila (Australia) published:

Monsters in the Basement (Small Edit)

I place the giggling child on the bed, relieved that she'd finally agreed to sleep. I'd been starting to think I'd be up all night telling her more and more ridiculous stories as my imagination stretched thin to come up with something even slightly amusing. All in all, for my first time babysitting, things had gone swimmingly. 

"We can't let the monsters get you," I say in a last ditch attempt to convince her to stay still long enough to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

14 minutes ago

4

Jasmine khawar (India) published:

Simply Heaven!

PROMPT: Ten Words to You  | GROUP: In This Together

Colourful sky
Pearly clouds
Heavenly beautiful Himalayas!
A Fairytale Forest
Full of peacefulness.

Seeking Peer Reviews

18 minutes ago

5

daisiesonfilm (Philippines) published:

persephone the masochist.

you’ve made a masochist out of me / ; /

the one gifted with sunflowers / 
and ran with jovial nymphs  /
in the blossoms and burrows /
all delicate silk and porcelain /
glowing in the sunlight / ; /

now chasing asphodel fields /
and yearning to tame those / 
with even the most unrest souls /
kissing all praise into /
those ebony feathered wings / . / 

you’ve made a masochist out of me / ;...

Seeking Peer Reviews

20 minutes ago

1

Marila (Australia) published:

Monsters in the Basement (Small Edit)

Seeking Peer Reviews

23 minutes ago

2

Bhavya's Treasure (Bewitching Tombstone #Queenie's Halloween) (India) published:

Your One Vote!

PROMPT: People Power!

Dear Voter,

The one who escaped a fatal accident by one miraculous second cherishes that one second. The student who failed an exam by a single mark understands the significance of that single mark. The athlete who lost an Olympic Gold medal by one point nods at the victory carried within that one golden point. But do you know the value of your one Vote? That onesingle decision before pressing a symbol at EVM, holds the power to sparkle...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

AlannaBridgeman (Ireland) published:

Titan's Core Characters

PROMPT: That Sort of Person

"Behind those soft eyes is a storm; the world hinges on whether he chooses to unleash it."

"Is your loyalty as fickle as your past?"

"Are you a healer or a harbinger of chaos?!"

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

2

AlannaBridgeman (Ireland) published:

Despair - Novel Excerpt

Rayne tore through the woods. Mud lashed across his face. Rain battered his scales. The trees flashed white and black, piercing the sky like claws piercing flesh-

He shook his head. The rain drowned his gasps, the thunder roared over his pounding heart. Almost loud enough to muffle his mind.

Murderer.

The iron taste burned in his mouth.

You did that you killed him you-

Hail cracked against his scales. He hurtled deeper into the shadows. The black hole in...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

Marila (Australia) published:

The Unlit Light

Thunder crackled and lightning split the sky in half, lighting up the night and yet diminishing the stars. The waves roared and crashed upon the rocks with an untold fury, and the world shook because of it. A man raced up the steep and cracked steps, heart in his throat and every breath panting. 

The storm had come without any warning, as if it had been created just the second the skies darkened and thunder deafened you.

"I should have...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago