SEEKING PEER REVIEWS

5

The Great Gabs-by (Singapore) published:

Hi guys, I'm sorry...

Hey guys,

I still have reviews to do (sorry that after so long, I only decided to say it now so I hope someone else reviews your work too:))) and stories to write but I don't think I can continue anymore. I've been thinking about this for awhile now and I've decided that this will be where I end my journey with Write the World. This platform was a great place for me to explore and experiment and after writing...

Seeking Peer Reviews

27 minutes ago

Flowerful (United States of America) published:

An Abandoned Lake

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Nights like these are my favorite.
    Not because I find them fun, or exciting, or even interesting-- It’s nothing like that. Maybe it’s just the way the frigid December air feels, the texture of the lake as my foot traces along it’s ice, soon melting into water again. I don’t think this is exciting at all; It’s the lack thereof that makes this place so appealing. Each time I arrive, I’m accompanied by a sense of eagerness. Eager for a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

38 minutes ago

Stewart Worthington (Australia) published:

How about you?

Does anyone want to be the one I think about? 
My mind is free for you to fill.
My heart is here for you to steal.

Seeking Peer Reviews

38 minutes ago

MarSan (Mexico) published:

Meeting the King

PROMPT: Bite-Sized Fantasy  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

When Odeo barges in the barn, sweat-drenched and panting, he doesn't find the King. 

A shiver rushes up to his spine, but he's certain, prophecies don't lie. Inside, everything is painted golden: the wheat, the steps touched by sunlight, the pitchforks. Odeo reaches a hand towards his earring, meeting a cracked surface. He pulls out a bit of his soul out of the shattered gem, dark fog circling his head. He can't perform a bigger spell, in fear of being...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

10
1

pencil.scratches (India) published:

An Apology

Mamma, I only went out for ten minutes,
I wanted to go next door to play,
I shut the door and I shut the gate,
And double-checked like you always say.

Mamma, I went out he stopped me,
That driver uncle from two houses away,
He gave me a chocolate,
And asked me if I wanted to go for a 'Ride" today.

Mamma, I know I should have refused,
But I was only seven that time,
And my naive, innocent...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

1

pencil.scratches (India) published:

An Apology

Mamma, I only went out for ten minutes,
I wanted to go next door to play,
I shut the door and I shut the gate,
And double-checked like you always say.

Mamma, I went out he stopped me,
That driver uncle from two houses away,
He gave me a chocolate,

Mamma, I know I should have refused,
But I was only seven that time,
And my naive, innocent...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

1

pencil.scratches (India) published:

Diaphanous

My hands were bleeding,
But they didn't care,
As I bent alone,
To pick up your pieces to try and put you back together.
But no one told me that when glass breaks the chipped parts will never heal,
Because those broken bits flee and hide in the darkness.
And everyone told me that while trying to piece you together, 
Your colors would fade,
That you wouldn't want to show yourself, cracks and all.
But they didn't see that they...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

aditi (United States of America) published:

The Soiree

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

"Have you located the weapon yet? I don't know how much longer I can stay here with these brainless mortals." I hissed into the comm, plastering a fake smile on my face and selected one of those small finger foods that wouldn't even satisfy a fly. 
"I'm working on it, Penthisilea. Just... wait for some more time." Polemusa sighed. I exhaled in frustration and grabbed a champagne flute, pretending to drink while scanning the room. The bubbly liquid tickled my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

The Soiree

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

"I'm working on it, Penthisilea. Just... stall a little longer." Polemusa sighed. I exhaled in frustration and grabbed a champagne flute, pretending to drink while scanning the room. The bubbly liquid tickled my lips....

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

1

kellsjc (United States of America) published:

The Boy Without a Name

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Elton John once said, "And I'm afraid, in this day and age, trust, which I count so, you know, I love loyalty. I love trust." I figure we all wish for trust, like a child's safety blanket, like the companionship of a dear, long-lost friend?

The Boy did. The pitiful Boy, desiring comfort and trust. Even he himself thought it was dreadful, pathetic even. This kid was alone, untouchable by hope and lost too far into the artificial...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

The Boy Without a Name

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

Jodalyn Joseph [STUDENT] (United States of America) published:

A True Reflection

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

"The feeling that comes with being independent doesn't always feel like a pleasure that has been given."
    That is how 18 year old Samara Sweets feels as she walks around her apartment, looking for something to make for dinner. She has been living in her apartment near the college she currently attends for almost a year. The main issue with her living situation is that Samara lives alone and is barely able to keep up with paying for...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 5 hours ago

Phoenix #sparkingcreativity

"Young lady, are you sure you want to go to the Forbidden Forest? It's not safe for a lady of your pedigree," the driver said hesitantly, torn between attending to his customer's request and the safety of himself and his horse. 
"I assure you, kind sir, that I will be safe. I will make sure to put in a good word with my father about your services," she said hurriedly. She could feel the beginnings of the rebirth, and she...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 5 hours ago

N. (United States of America) published:

halfway through autumnal bliss

My dear, do you mind
If I step the line between the
Soulless souls and lifeless lives
Just to feel the cool press
Of your hands in mine.
We could bend borrowed time
With hidden kisses and
Averted gazes underneath starred skies,
Sneaking around like a bard’s
Petulant characters. But
Don’t lose me, my darling,
Or it’s heaven to pay. Still,
Let us find chaos in this peace
of forever in a second.

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 5 hours ago

♛DaBolo♛ (United States of America) published:

Finding Stars

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

The Night It Happens    
    It was a regular night, the sky was as dark as ever. The sky was full of stars, shining across the galaxies. It was as if each star was a loved one, watching over all of us. Either dead or alive, I believed they saw me. The sky was luckily cloudless.
    I wish I could name a star after myself. The star would probably be the brightest in the entire universe, just like...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

Casey Donaldson (United States of America) published:

Lucid Dreams

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Racing through the woods, the tumultuous snapping of branches beneath my mud-stained sneakers. I was doing my utmost to navigate the twisted path of weeds and branches before me. My focus on the woods in front of me breaks, I stumble before doubling over to catch my breath. The dirt from my palms leaves smudges on the knees of my jeans. The footsteps creep closer, getting louder with every crunch of a leaf. My heart pounds out of my chest, ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

4

FoxLilly106 (United States of America) published:

Looking Back...

Dear me,

Not everyone has the heart to say it.
Not everyone can admit to it.
Not everyone can believe it.
Everyone has a chance to think about it.

No one understands why we do it.
No one understands why it's a common subject.
No one understands why it's not kept silent.
All people know is that it's not worth it in the end.

They always regret it.
They always change their minds when it becomes too late.
They always...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

3

Charisse Marison (United States of America) published:

#Sparking Creativity Contest

Hi y'all! So, I know I'm already hosting a contest (#disneymashup) and thank you to the people who have joined that! (@amohn04 and @Aspiring Author) But as I scroll through a whole bunch of other contests, I realize they usually have more than one prompt to choose from. So I decided to have more options, so here we go!

1. Write your own fairytale. It can involve, witches, princesses, dragons, or whatever you want! Just make it fiction!
2. What...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

1

Maryam Q (Malaysia) published:

When The Fire Left Her Eyes

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay? That was my bad... I'm just tired, I guess." Letty managed an apologetic smile. 

"HAH! TIRED! JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR LAZY! PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO SOCIETY! I KNOW FOR A FACT - A FACT - THAT YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE" The tall lady with the face as red as her temper and an air of arrogance about her would not have been happy to know that Letty was in fact not paying any...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

11

Competition time! | #friendsgiving | Hoping to have at least three submissions! <3

Welcome back wonderful writers!

It's finally November! We are happy to celebrate it with new, and old friends. Speaking of friends, our November prompts are about friendship!! Friends can include anyone! From BFFs, to relatives, to your boyfriend/girlfriend!

____________________________________________________________

Friends forever! Friendship can be tough, but we work through it together and come out on the plus side. Where do you see you and your friends in ten / fifteen years? Be creative! Describe how things have changed between you....

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

El1678 (Australia) published:

IT'S CONTEST TIME! #MagicalStory

Hello fellow writers!

I have decided to host a second contest! One of the contest's prompts will be based on a story I wrote called The Spark which has been published (you can use it as inspiration). The other I just thought would be fun! I hope you all will like the new prompts I am using for this contest and I hope you decide to enter! The due date is December 10th.

IF ENTERING YOU MUST USE #MagicalStory IN...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

1

Norah (United States of America) published:

acrobats of god

1.
recall the pastel portraits
on the ceilings of churches
peach pink women
covered in cloud and foam 

the parody of a dance

monks exercising silently 
in a courtyard
the joke being 
that god is not there

2.
funny god
wants us to go to the courtyard to pray
courtroom carapace 
like he was a beetle, alone in the great 
mountain of the sky,
the gulp of it 
shining enough to blind

and didn’t it blind?
blind oedipus, blind all...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 7 hours ago

Jacob Nef (United States of America) published:

Legacy Trajectory

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Arisa carefully placed the last disc on the asphalt freeway, nervously glancing in both directions. Headlights winked into existence farther down the dark canyon.
    “Are we good?”
    “Armed and ready,” Arisa said. The comms built into her head relayed the message to the rest of the group.
    “All of them?”
    Arisa sighed at Drake and replied with a terse affirmative. 
    A different voice crackled in the radio.
    “They’re ten minutes...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 7 hours ago

5
1

Dmoral13 (United States of America) published:

Coincidence? Fate?

Coincidence?
That's what you think, you free-willed strong-headed nonbeliever of fate.
"I haven't seen you since we were kids," you laugh, taking me in.
My face no longer round and pudgy in the cheeks, my jawbone more defined and my nose more petite. I can tell by the surprise in your eyes that you notice the weight I lost, even though I was never really fat, I use to be thick. My legs are longer and there's less of my...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 7 hours ago

The Feral Jaguar (United States of America) published:

The Meeting By the River

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

The lightly flowing freshwater stream mumbled softly, filling the quiet forest. Sunlight caught the flowing liquid, creating a garden of shadows among the rocks where the fish would hide. The clear water, sweet and cool, was perfect for quenching Kinthra’s desert throat. She dipped her waterskin into the stream again, filling it up for her long journey into nowhere.
The water distorted her reflection. Yet it could not hide the white hair and purple skin that marked her as evil....

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 7 hours ago