SEEKING PEER REVIEWS

2

SamRose (United States) published:

Singula

PROMPT: August Grab Bag

Write about a new star. What do you name it and why? (nervousbibliophile)

A flash of light illuminates the sky. A new star, small and pure white, has appeared in the heavens. It may seem insignificant, compared to the billions of other stars in the universe. But each star exists separately, its own shape and size, with its own imperfections. This new star is called Singula. Singula means "individual" in Latin. This represents that this new star deserves...
Seeking Peer Reviews

4 minutes ago

1

HeyThereRose (United Kingdom) published:

Sorry

I have said sorry so many times it has lost meaning
But I have nothing else to say
I'll stare at your name in my phone until my eyes glaze
If I go blind
Maybe you'll forgive me - maybe I'll forgive me - why do I make this about me -
I have said sorry so many times the word sorry sounds like an insult
But I have nothing else to say
I messed up again and forgot you were...

Seeking Peer Reviews

23 minutes ago

1

unchosen cauliflower (Australia) published:

drowsily crow | fleshy blues (FORMATTING FIXED!!!)

I                                          I retreat into the shell                                                                                                                                                
                                       ...
Seeking Peer Reviews

26 minutes ago

1

abigail mclaughlin (United States) published:

Alone

One friend to call my own
I try and try and try again 
but only one wants to be my friend 

One problem is 
I have to put myself out there 
I have done that 
i have been back stabbed 

my mom and dad always tell me 
"If not this year, maybe in high school" 
but i can not wait that long 
i need a friend now 

another problem is 
teenage girls are mean
i'm sick of waiting 
today is...

Seeking Peer Reviews

39 minutes ago

3

Written_In_Water (United Kingdom) published:

I wished too hard

I wish I had a reason

I wish the world would melt
Into a sharp HD Television
With colours, contrast, disregarding realism

I wish time would freeze so I could hold my breath
Without having to gasp
I wish I could hold on to things
Without having to grasp

Like a tightly wound hedgehog
Holding its spines like a palm
Bleeding over rags of glass

I wish the grass was bluer
And the stars stretched 
Like the lines on the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

41 minutes ago

VDub (United States) published:

Modern Family Review

PROMPT: Film/TV Series Review Competition 2021

A great show that I watched this summer was Modern Family. The show ran for 11 seasons from 2009-2020 gaining more and more love after every season. This show is great for you if you want a great laugh due to the wonderful, heartwarming comedy in it. The show stars Ty Burrell, Julie Bowman, Sofia Vergara, Ed O'neil, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, and many more. The show had lots of hilarious guest stars as well. The show takes place in modern...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Chloé Ax (United Kingdom) published:

Do The Right Thing: Spike Lee’s STILL relevant rendering of our reality

It’s late Spring (beckoning June) last year ; and the evening, wilted by an unusual flush of warmth for London, is quiet. My brother and I, sprawled across our table from the sudden tide of humidity, my parents draped over the couch- our eyes glued to the screen with images of George Floyd splashed across it. And silence. Disbelief and pain. 

I had heard a lot about Spike Lee. From his heightened, idiosyncratic directorial style to criticism of fellow director Quentin Tarantino (one of many favourite directors of mine, alongside Lee, I must admit) to his magnum opus- Do The Right Thing. It seemed a better time than ever to blow the dust on the nuanced lense that Do The Right Thing uses to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Chloé Ax (United Kingdom) published:

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Chloé Ax (United Kingdom) published:

It’s late Spring (beckoning June) last year ; and the evening, wilted by an unusual flush of warmth for London, is quiet. My brother and I, sprawled across our table from the sudden tide of humidity, my parents draped over the couch- our eyes glued to the screen with images of George Floyd splashed across it. And silence. Disbelief. Pain. 

I had heard much about Spike Lee. From his heightened, idiosyncratic directorial style to criticism of fellow director Quentin Tarantino (one of many favourite directors of mine, alongside Lee, I must admit) to his magnum opus- Do The Right Thing. It seemed a better time than ever to blow the dust on the nuanced lense that Do The Right Thing uses to magnify police brutality, even if a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Chloé Ax (United Kingdom) published:

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago