SEEKING PEER REVIEWS

Img 20160712 173107

Iqra_Athar4 (Pakistan) published:

Race Against Time

I was almost there, the finish line just one step ahead and suddenly there was a 'peep peep' sound and then a thud as I reached for the sound making my victory seem a dream. I was on the wooden floor fortunately I was wrapped in my blue warm blanket which seemed to me as a life savor. The sun rays gleamed through the glass window as a gate crasher to my beautiful dream. It was 6am and I had...

Seeking Peer Reviews

17 minutes ago

Img 20160712 173107

Iqra_Athar4 (Pakistan) published:

Dear BFF

Wrapped within a blue shade, she puts her smile on her darkest fears. Her dark black pupils are symbol of ice but within that hides a white spark, a white spot which looks for joy at one curve and at other searches a way out to control her emotions from spilling out. Her clear smile with white teeths shown and stretched along within a limit shows her hope and joy within  these white teeth and wide smile lies all the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

20 minutes ago

Images

ASLpoet (United States) published:

Life of an outcast

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

When I entered Hershweary Middle School, in Citrus Seed, FL, I felt fine. Like an abnormally clumsy being, but fine. Walking in from the bus I stumbled twice, tripped three times, and nearly had a nasty face plant. (Now do you see what I mean by clumsy?) Anyhow, Middle School was perfect…until I got in the gym.
There were jocks tripping over themselves just trying to get to the football that was bouncing in every direction except towards them. There...
Seeking Peer Reviews

38 minutes ago

Default avatar user icon

Suit of Swords (Philippines) published:

Summary of Dramarama by E. Lockhart

Okay just a note before I write it, this is supposed to be for an assignment (pick a book and summarize it) and it's supposed to be in our own language (Filipino) so I had to write it in English first before I translate it to Filipino otherwise I will never be able to do it (or at least it would be really difficult)

Characters 
Sarah Paulson  "Sadye Paulson"
Douglas Howard "Demi"
Lyle
Nannette Watson
Candie
Isabella "Iz"
Theo
Blake ...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Picture?width=64&height=64

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) published:

5,4,3,2,1

She killed herself while being in love. He held her body in his arms. As if he didn’t mean to harm her.  So he held her down, tightly, tightly, tightly. Until he didn’t hold her anymore. 
He knew she was dying. He left her there to die. As if that would mean he spared her of life’s cruelty. What a joke. Mercy was the last thing she wanted.  So she took the matter into her own hands. If these were...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Default avatar user icon

Malaika (India) published:

New York, New York

There's something magical about being in New York. It's underneath the sounds of taxi drivers honking as they try (with no avail) to beat the traffic, underneath the indignant shouts of hey! I'm walking here from irritated pedestrians, underneath the sizzle of sausages at a hot dog vendor's cart and the oohing and aahing of Chinese tourists and the ping of a quarter dropping into a tired guitarist's half-empty jar at a subway station. It's a hum, a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Default avatar user icon
1

Kiera Unicest (Singapore) published:

Love

PROMPT: Word  | GROUP: Poets and Wordsmiths

Love.
Such a simple word but yet holds so much meaning. 

I love you,
or do I love the idea of being in love?
I love helping others,
or do I love the idea of being recognised in the process?

Do we claim to love something superficially but there is actually a deeper meaning behind it?
Sometimes the word “love” is so carelessly used that we don’t think much about it before saying.

So what exactly do we love?

The...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

E3141e90 0e0f 4e9c 80ac 6d2d545f554e
1

Thea Engzén (Sweden) published:

My Monday night

My Monday night

I hit my head,
some days ago
when I fell,
from my toes.

Blood ran,
all over me,
on the floor,
to my knees.

In horror she called,
and my neighbour came,
on her lap,
is where I lay.

Call an ambulace,
are words I heard,
when my breaths were short,
and sight blurred.

Go by yourselves,
it will go quicker,
to the ER,
no time to bicker.

I lay down,
a towel to my head,
in...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

Dsc 3002 edited

AbigailRSauble (United States) published:

One Day

I love you.”
A hard lump clogged my throat. It seemed like forever since I’d heard him say those words. Had it only been last week?
It seemed impossible that so much could happen in such a short period of time.
We’re just not meant for each other, Sierra.”
Then he walked away.
As though I’d never existed. I’d given him my heart, then he pushed it over a cliff. I watched as it plummeted down, down, down,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

E3141e90 0e0f 4e9c 80ac 6d2d545f554e
2

Thea Engzén (Sweden) published:

Fate

PROMPT: Beginish  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

Fate

During the funeral, when the preist went on and on about how god missed his angel and had to bring her home, I thought about the real reason Sarah died.

It was a car crash that killed her. She was driving alone one night when a speeding car missed the red light and hit her from the side. Her head smashed into the window and her small body was crushed by the jeep. Some might say this was the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 5 hours ago

Tree

Saman (United States) published:

Trains

I’m on a train-
I’ve never ridden before.
It started out slow but
It’s getting faster,
The rumbling of it shakes my core

It’s speeding up and I don’t know wether to stay or to go
If I go I might die but I have a chance to live free
If I stay I might crash but I have a chance to live for these last few
hours, days, weeks
until it finally ends in a firey explosion

Or
Maybe ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

20180103 215204

Pickles8Aug (Australia) published:

Poems

PROMPT: The Limerick

There are many poem types, but considering
In comparison to my favourite, they are all gimmicks
My favourite of all time
Is that beautiful rhyme,
The wonderful, beautiful Limerick.

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 7 hours ago

Default avatar user icon
2

Malaika (India) published:

Winter

PROMPT: Improbable Flavor

Winter tastes like the moment when you put a peppermint in your mouth and you follow it up with water. It's a moment of regret. You thought it would be sweet, but instead, it's cold. It doesn't have the warm gold honey of summer or the dark chocolate of autumn or the simple sugar of spring; instead, it is sharp, biting, harsh. Can a peppermint cut your tongue? It sure feels like it. You long for something richer. Anything.

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 8 hours ago

20180103 215204

Pickles8Aug (Australia) published:

Doctor Who - David Tennant

Actor: David Tennant's real name is David McDonald. He was born in Scotland in 1971 and plays the tenth doctor.

Tech: Sonic Screwdriver that does just about everything from opening doors to bursting chains; 3D glasses to see what has been  in a parallel universe and what hasn’t; Chameleon Arch that rewrites every cell in your body; Perception Filter that, once worn, direct people’s gaze away from you. He also built a ‘Timey-Wimey Detector’, which I can not describe as...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 9 hours ago

Default avatar user icon
1

areebah.haq1 (Australia) published:

Does Harmony Matter?

PROMPT: Science Fiction Competition 2018

I am starting my day with a poem in my mind,
Which matters a lot,
A song in my heart,
Which shines darkly through,
A sweet melody in my ears,
Which cries out loud.
Now I am wondering, imagining, dreaming,
What does harmony mean to us?
It is the time when the world gets together as one.
All of us together,
Our looks, food, culture other differences are put aside and together we revive and survive.
What if this harmony...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 9 hours ago

20180103 215204
1

Pickles8Aug (Australia) published:

Doctor Who - Daleks

There are lots of sorts of Daleks and I will try to cover all of them to keep you well equipped.

1. Davros - A Kaled scientist, lives in the base of Dalek armour - as in what's left of him. Has an electronic eye. So yeah, creepy. And dangerous. Basically, keep away. From anything Dalek.
  2. Original Dalek - Actually called Kaleds. They have an eye stalk (the only weak spot), a gun that looks like a whisk, a suction-cup that looks like...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 10 hours ago

Img 5985

Maliajoelle (United States) published:

Picture Bride

PROMPT: Given First Line

Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board. But once the man boards the ship, the wish leaves, stranding the man alone.

If only I had known this before I boarded the crowded boat full of other "Picture brides."

My left hand held a small handmade weaved bag, filled with my worldly goods and my right hand held a photograph of my husband-to-be, who waited for me in San Francisco. I was seventeen, which to my father, was...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 11 hours ago

2f191e1f d255 4368 ba6d 5ac23dc5f485

Ciel (Canada) published:

Sinking

He sank.
Stretching his arms toward the wavering point of light above him, he descended into the depths. Tears floated and drifted upwards, intertwining with iridescent air bubbles and bitter salt. Eventually, the light faded and the water turned murky black. Within the first ten minutes of contact with seawater, his neural interface had all but disintegrated. 
No longer grasping wildly, no longer yearning mildly, fingers curled onto and into themselves, the joints crackling and fizzling, as he rescinded his hands...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 11 hours ago

Schuyler sisters
2

starshucks (Australia) published:

She's Trying, Pt. III

She has her face buried in her hands, crying.
You don’t know why, yet you still comfort her.
Her sobs are ugly, but you don’t really mind.
“It’ll be okay,” you whisper to her, gently.
She continues, almost as if she didn’t hear you
Do words really speak louder than actions?
Or do actions impact more than words?
Decause as soon as she felt your touch,
Her tears began to dry.

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 12 hours ago

2e2cc916 83f5 40bc 94a6 d578763ed9ec

Solisinluna (Canada) published:

The Future is Female

Prologue

All I see is darkness. All I feel is weightless. Suspended in a fluid. Warm, comfortable and protected. Safe. 

Something’s different. Ugh! I’m being pushed through an opening much too small. 

Light floods into my eyes, blinding me. I start crying, taking great gulps of air that is much too cold, in a place that’s much too bright, with noises that are much too loud.

“Congratulations,” I hear a woman say.

“You have a healthy daughter.”

New hands wrap...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 12 hours ago

Img 3235

armour-clad (United States) published:

Morning

PROMPT: Your World in Three Senses

Touch

I wake up under the warmth and fuzzy softness of a blanket that feels like fur. I refuse to open my eyes and lay in the warmth for ages as my mind drags itself from the haze of sleep. My fingers feel rough on my face and as I yawn my palms press against my cheeks and eyes brow and end with my fingertips in my hair. My hair is thick and smooth, and I can feel the grease...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 13 hours ago

Aussie watching

jessica.zhang893 (United States) published:

The Fear of Failure

“I have an appointment at 3:30 for a Trip,” Jay stated, leaning over the counter.

“Yes. Right this way, sir,” the receptionist said, ushering him through the door.
Upon entering the room, Jay was astounded. He had time traveled many times before but was always amazed by the shining, sleek machines standing before him. The scientist monitoring the machine pressed a sequence of buttons on the dashboard, and then curtly nodded in Jay’s direction. Taking a breath, Jay strode...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 13 hours ago

Download
3

Abigail (United States) published:

Liquidity

Liquidity. It just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it? I love this word simply because the feel of it is so different from what it actually means that it is almost puzzling. The word feels as if it is from someplace... else. Someplace far away or maybe a waterfall or shaded wood or a walk with someone you love. It feels safe and peaceful -- almost like a lullaby mixed with cool water lapping its way over smooth stones. Like...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 13 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

ellen! (Canada) published:

The Last Tree

I check my phone from my bed. It’s 5am. 14 missed calls from Olivia. I dial her number right away. “What’s wrong Olivia?”
    “Audrey… I don’t know if I can do this. I’m so scared,” she breathed intensely.
    “Olivia, just like our boss said, our spaceship is one of the best ones NASA has. I’m sure it'll be fine.” I tried to hide my fear. This fear can’t shut me down. I worked so hard to get to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 13 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

arim lim (United Arab Emirates) published:

Five Beginnings

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

This town looked like a mold growing in a petri dish, if you looked at it from a bird's eye view— it was made up of many buildings and streets, but these buildings and streets tended to clump together in dark, crowded circles, which of course, like mold in a petri dish, slowly grew in size.
This town was either very old or very new, and in this case it was the latter.

She had the worn face of a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 13 hours ago