All writing published for I Wish They Had an App for That

Published writing

4

Emi (United States) published:

DeceitTest 500

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

The DeceitTest 500 is the latest in lie-detecting technology*! Solving decades of doubt and deceived people, this revolutionary new app is now being sold through the App Store for the low price of $999.99!
    Tired of your friends telling you lies to your face? Politicians making false promises? Or the media selling fake news? The DeceitTest 500 can solve all of it. Simply download that app onto your device and select which mode you prefer to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Huba Huba (United States) published:

blob

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

blob

3

ChocolateKiwi (United States) published:

What to say, what to do

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

I wish they had an app,
that could tell you what to say,
that could tell you what to say to someone,
a stranger,
a friend,
or even a family member.
I wish they had an app,
that would tell me what to say,
so I don’t say something,
dumb,
or to smart.
So I don’t say something that could hurt someone else.
So they can’t say something that would hurt me.
I wish they had an app that would...

Seeking Peer Reviews

ANSON REYNOLDS (United States) published:

Solving College Debt Through Great Ideas

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

College. Sounds fun, exciting, and a little scary, right? College's cost? Straight out of a horror movie. We all know that the educational benefits of college and the academic potential of possible students can be overshadowed by the debt accumulated throughout the standard four years of secondary education. While there are other options for post-high school learning, such as trade school and internships, these alternatives are often sidelined. The temptation of a degree and cap have forced countless individuals into...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Arjun Mukherjee (8Y) (Singapore) published:

I Wish They Had an App for That

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

imagine if an app could do good for the world. Help the people in need. Well, that app might come in the future, and it should as it’s the main purpose is to help the poor when purchasing any item. This app is needed as poverty rates are going higher and higher by the day, and to make it worse, COVID-19 has left people unemployed and homeless. Around 3 billion of the world’s population is poverty, so if everyone uses...

Pavlo Korol (Ukraine) published:

Are apps that mighty?

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

It goes without saying that the 21st century has become a century of modern technology. With the help of different apps we can now do whatever we want, wherever we want and whenever we want. Of course, this is a great thing that we can do quite a lot just by using these not that big devices in our hands. However, are apps really able to carry everything out? 
First of all, I want to point out that apps can...

Seeking Peer Reviews

5

MarvelousMarshmallow (United States) published:

Universal Fan Club

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

We all have something we obsess over like books, tv shows, anime, and gaming. I'm pretty sure everyone enjoys talking about their interests. That's why we should have an app for exactly that. Anyone would be able to create and join a group about whatever they like. In the group, you could post songs, write fanfiction, make fan art, hold debates, discuss with others through text or a call, or share ships. You wouldn't be limited to any way you...

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

Seeking Peer Reviews

26
2

Ree Sethu (India) published:

A silly wish..

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

I just wish,
A warm hug when feeling so hollow?
Trust me, it is heartbreaking when such a little thing seems so impossible.
A pat on head, perhaps?
If you think it is such a pathetic wish, then you're lucky and I'm jealous.
A shoulder to lean on?
How does it feel like?
Arms to hold you tight?
Note: Not your own (like always).
Above all, something to let others know that you're broken inside and is hiding it with...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Halopoet (Pakistan) published:

Love detector

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

Nowadays, instead of waiting for love, people have become desperate for it. They search for it through apps like tinder and  that leads them to making mistakes that will leave them broken forever. I hate the concept of dating and breaking up. For me, love only happens once and that's the true one. And once you fall in love, you can't fall out of it. So my idea of a new app, is a love detector. That you see someone...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Ahsan Nizaam (Sri Lanka) published:

People Reader (Just too good to be true)

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

This world has seen many puzzles, ciphers, codes and even enigma’s but there is nothing more bizarre and complex than humans. If you give it a thought. Humans are very unpredictable but in a way predictable. They are driven by pride, prejudice emotions and feelings but very seldom logic.

You can’t really know how they are going to act in a single circumstance under their current emotion. That’s why there are divorces and when we take a simpler approach that’s...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Lovelywriter1906 (United States) published:

Understanding my brain

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

As I lie awake trying to decipher my mind
I can only wish that there was a way to understand
to understand the mess in my mind
that keeps my head spinning over and over 

if there was a simple way I could understand 
just by picking up my phone 
and reading the words I need to describe it
so I didn’t feel so confused

a way to read your own mind 
when everything else is so lost
you wouldn’t...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Karma’s_Coming (United States) published:

An App For That Would Be Great

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

So, as you probably have as well, I’ve read so many books that I can’t remember names and I only remember plots. Now, I know they have goodreads to log all the books you read, but I was way behind on that. So I would want an app where you can enter a scene or moment (something along those lines) and it gives you what book you were talking about. For example, I read a book a few years back...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Huba Huba (United States) published:

blob

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

Don't get me wrong, I'm not lonely, but I just feel lonely. I have my friends to rant about girl problems with, and the ones who help me feel better when I'm down, but it's simply impossible for someone to understand every little thing about me. I don't understand everything about me either, but sometimes, I just sit in a dark hole by myself. There are some things no one will ever understand about me, and I just need a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

BizzleWrites (Australia) published:

Aesthetic Reader

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

Aesthetic reader
The idea of this app is that when you are going somewhere, a restaurant, a shop, -wherever you are going really- the app can tell you what the aesthetic of the place is. It would be a bit like google maps, in that you could search for a place on the map, or click on somewhere you are interested in.
In addition, you would be able to chose a popular aesthetic, and the map would highlight everything in...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

AnnaTypeWriter (Australia) published:

badly made coffee.

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

I wish I had an app to tell me when my ma' was in a bad mood.

Maybe then I could come earlier from home, maybe pick somethin' from the neighborhood gardens like the orange lilies I know she likes. Maybe I could wake 'er up with some bacon an' pancakes, the smell of badly made coffee 'cause mine ain't ever that good. But ma' still smiles, so I'm sure it ain't too bad. Maybe then I could ask 'er...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Yc Li (Canada) published:

If Only There Was an App for That

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

Can you recall a moment in which you smelt a certain substance and your body promptly came alive? Perhaps it was of jasmine coming into full bloom, bringing with it, the presence of spring. Perhaps it was of a childhood dish, that reminded you of the nights, when, even if you came home after curfew, your parents will be there waiting, presenting you with the dinner that you missed. Perhaps it was of a salty beach, tingling your senses until...

Seeking Peer Reviews

11

Anne Blackwood (United States) published:

Guarantee of My Fusive

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

A simulation, a virtual reality
Of dry rub BBQ and country music
The great old Smokies and football games

Something to tell me
If I'll ever fit into
The place my dreams have promised me

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

cherryn (Australia) published:

i'm not sure if i made this up or not

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

I wish there was an app that provided you with a list of free books/stories/poems/messages to read based off your mood. For the app to work successfully, I'd assume that the users would be required to take a short survey, and based on their responses, some material would be found. For example, if you said that you were feeling sad, then the app would find you something uplifting to read.  This app might sound boring, but it's something that I'd...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Beckie Shen (United States) published:

An App of Anonymous Letters

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

I wish there was an app that allowed you to write anonymous letters to people you know without them knowing you wrote to them. To put it simply, there are often things I want to tell certain people that I couldn't say to them in real life, whether in a conversation, or over text. I think this app could allow people to be more straightforward and honest, because I also know people who are too scared to say something to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Quarkoala (United States) published:

The "Warning App"

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

Imagine you're being followed by somebody who has bad intentions. Or maybe you're near somebody you don't want to meet up with face to face, but you don't know you're near them. Or, there's a dangerous thing happening somewhere nearby, but the news hasn't reached you yet, and won't in time.
    Wouldn't it be nice if, in all of these scenarios, there was just a general app that could warn you about the person following you,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Stone of Jade (United States) published:

To Comfort with a Silence

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

When someone is hurt, and you don't know the words to say. When someone has lost a loved one and you don't know how to comfort them. When you can see the pain in your friend's eyes but you don't know how to fix it. I wish they had an app for that. To give the words to ease pain, loss, sadness.

But then, it wouldn't be real, would it? Reciting from an app, comforting with words that aren't yours....

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

SunV (India) published:

QuizWhizzz

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting 'QuizWhizzz'. Copy paste the notes you wrote on your computer to a document on this app, and get custom made question papers based on requests. Best for study nights, when you don't want to make you own questions.

Okay, but seriously, how cool would that be. Like, I copy the notes onto a document, and it makes questions from the information that I have to answer. I know you like it, right?????

Seeking Peer Reviews

7

Writing4Life (Australia) published:

An App For Everything!

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

"Heyo everyone! We have a brand new app for y'all! It is compatible with just about every piece of technology! Computers, phones, TV's!"
"Uh boss?"
"Yes, Giergo, what is it?"
"An app is only for phones."
"Really?"
"Yeah."
"Huh! See folks? It's incredible! An app that goes on computers and TV's! Well, I suppose you all want to know exactly what this app is! Well, it is a app for delivering food!" 
"
Uh boss?"
"Yes, Giergo?"
"There's already...

Seeking Peer Reviews

6

annaocxo (Ireland) published:

I Wish They Had an App for That

PROMPT: I Wish They Had an App for That

I’ve always been into coding and tech. I’ve even made a few apps. But there are, of course, still limitations to my knowledge (and science!) and one thing I’ve always wished I could make is an animal translator. 

Imagine being able to speak to your dog? It’s something every pet owner seems to wish for. Imagine being able to know what they want, what they’re thinking, if they’re ok. Imagine being able to tell them how much you love them,...