All writing published for Three Month Window

Published writing

2

cpatankar22 (United States) published:

The Worst Procrastinator in the World– Probably

PROMPT: Three Month Window

At this very moment, I’m supposed to be writing an English essay. Yet here I am, writing a different essay altogether, one which is not sent to my early decision colleges, and is instead limited to the probably five people (if we’re being generous here) that really read this piece. But I continue writing. Every letter typed is a dig to my gut, a second I should’ve spent with more focus on what actually needs to be accomplished. I’m a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

only_a_mirage (bird) (United States) published:

habits

PROMPT: Three Month Window

habits?
that's what i thought it was
nothing more
nothing less
now years and years and years
may not be enough to change them

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Sunset_327 (Australia) published:

Needs and Wants

PROMPT: Three Month Window

I need to stop overthinking things. 
I need to stop viewing myself as fat and ugly. 
I need to be productive. 
I need to want to be healthy. 
I need to be happy.
I need to be confident in who I am.
I need to do more reading, do more writing, do more singing and do more dancing in my free time. 
I need to stop wasting all my time on social media and tv. 
I need to love the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Daridls (United States) published:

School Reflection

PROMPT: Three Month Window

I have a new quarter starting and it would be nice if I developed a habit to write down the assignments I have everyday and set an alarm when I get home to start my homework, then I wouldn't fall so behind. Having a schedule to keep myself organized so I'm not so overwhelmed. Right now I have two days to catch up on all my missing assignments and I wouldn't be in this position if I stayed organized and...

1

Daridls (United States) published:

School Reflection

PROMPT: Three Month Window

3

Zzen (United States) published:

Procrastination

PROMPT: Three Month Window

Procrastination is a habit I developed during the pandemic. I have struggled with procrastination before, but over the pandemic it got worse. I get anxious about my college assignments, exams, and being around other people for too long. It's like I just clam up, and paralysis takes over. It is my first-year in college post pandemic, and I have doubts about my major, my future, and my life. I feel like I've been running on a treadmill for...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Zzen (United States) published:

Procrastination

PROMPT: Three Month Window

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

ElvishWriter (United States) published:

Habits

PROMPT: Three Month Window

All of the habits I have gained over this pandemic need to change. Most of my habits include:

• Laziness
  • Getting distracted too easily by one thing
  • Losing my Multitask way
  • Anger issues
  • Excuses to not do something
  • Self-Punishment
I used to be able to do a lot of things and not get as distracted as I do now, and it sucks trying to live like this every day and remember I was better. Currently, in my life, I have it...
Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Hailster24 (United States) published:

Laughing at myself

PROMPT: Three Month Window

I want to stop the habit of laughing at myself when I mess up. Sometimes I laugh at myself because I said or did something really silly. On the other hand when I laugh at myself is because I am nervous and I want to prevent myself from having a breakdown. That's why when I read aloud where other people can hear me I tend to mess up because of nerves then end up laughing. I personally think that's one...

2

JeremyT26 (United States) published:

A Habit That I Want to Change

PROMPT: Three Month Window

A habit that I want to change now is thinking too much. I think that I need to do less thinking and more doing, and take more risks instead of worrying about them. If you think about all of the wealthiest and most successful people in the world, they all had to take huge risks to get to where they are now. Sitting there thinking about becoming rich takes away time that you could be using to take...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

JeremyT26 (United States) published:

A Habit That I Want to Change

PROMPT: Three Month Window

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Cucoolchameleon (United States) published:

Era of Change

PROMPT: Three Month Window

i. I promise I’ll do better at making friends. 
    I promise I’ll try to think about 
the things normal people do—crushes, sports, grades, 
    and not the darkness swallowing me whole,
not the thoughts that pit my own body against me,
    make me shake and pull my knees into my chest,
lost in the senseless words nobody said. 
    No I won’t, I’ll do better this time around,
just please, please don’t put me back 
  in that...

1

Lilygreen (United States) published:

Child of the Street

PROMPT: Three Month Window

I want to change the way I shrivel when I enter a room. Hunched shoulders, eyes down, as small as possible. It’s been ingrained in me, this will to hide. Ever since that closet and those chains and my heartbreak. Betrayal morphed me into this lesser version of myself. Shoved away from my family, I was made into an object- an It. Look at it, they say! What will it do? Where does it live? And rarely, why is it...

Val <3 (United Kingdom) published:

My Habit

PROMPT: Three Month Window

"The best time to change a habit is during a period of upheaval"

But what if my habit brings me comfort? It's what I crave.
What I need.
To tune out my thoughts focusing only on my fingers,
Clasped around my eyelashes,
Plucking them out one by one.
Even the dull throb is weirdly comforting
-Offering satisfaction and relief.

What if my habit is caused from stress? It's my coping mechanism.
We all have destructive habits.
Maybe yours is...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Val <3 (United Kingdom) published:

My Habit

PROMPT: Three Month Window

But what if my habit brings me comfort? It's what I crave. What I need. To tune out my thoughts focusing only on my fingers clasped around my eyelashes, plucking them out one by one. Even the dull throb is weirdly comforting, offering satisfaction and relief.

What if my habit is caused from stress? It's my coping mechanism. We all have destructive habits. Maybe yours is...
Seeking Peer Reviews

8

Luci Munday (Australia) published:

exception

PROMPT: Three Month Window

They tell me all about how they've been getting better at this, and how they learnt that and stopped doing something else and ask me what have you been doing? I say schoolwork. They say noAnswer properly! So I do.

Apparently, the best time to develop or break a habit is during a period of change. I don't think so, or, at least, it isn't for me. We are literally in the middle of a deadly pandemic...

Seeking Peer Reviews

50

SunV (India) published:

to do:

PROMPT: Three Month Window

i. set aside time for yourself:
in a day where you go from school
to class to homework to play to eat to study again
in this endless cycle of working towards the future
let yourself slow down--
let your brain just stop for a while
take a book, a cup of boba tea
sit in the garden, enjoy what matters

ii. set aside time for others:
show your friends that they deserve love
and show them that you...
Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

Sophia15 (United States) published:

Blessings in Disguise

PROMPT: Three Month Window

I remember a time not long ago
when all of our lives came to a halt 
cars stopped roaring down the highway
children's screams could not be heard atop rollercoasters 
grocery store shelves were bare with dust

My family was at home
and so were the rest of the families of the world
it happened before the blink of one eye
with a flip of a page, history had been made for good
one day I was laughing with my...

7

A. Penderwick (United States) published:

Procrastination

PROMPT: Three Month Window

There's isn't really a habit I'd like to hold on to, more one I'd like to... let go of. And that is procrastination. I am a master procrastinator. Even if it's sitting down to do something i love, like writing, I still distract myself and do other things first, fore reasons I don't totally understand. Even right now, I'm writing this piece because I don't want to do my homework. And maybe I'll publish it today, or maybe...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Sophia15 (United States) published:

Blessings in Disguise

PROMPT: Three Month Window

I remember a time not long ago
when all of our lives came to a halt 
cars stopped roaring down the highway

My family was at home
it happened before the blink of one eye
one day I was laughing with my...

ISastro (India) published:

HABIT I WANT TO CHANGE!

PROMPT: Three Month Window

1

Cornelia_girl (India) published:

Regaining myself

PROMPT: Three Month Window

I was a person who isolated myself ....I would spent months reading books and never taking part in anything public because i was afraid of being left alone ....I would stay away from conversations and only talk to a few people outside my family ..Like i was sooo afraid of not getting a reply that i stopped talking to others altogether..I loved dancing and singing but because i was afraid of being judged i gave those up....And i lost all...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

ISastro (India) published:

HABIT I WANT TO CHANGE!

PROMPT: Three Month Window

When the pandemic started, I started to take it in a positive way as I had time now to reflect upon myself , to rectify and get rid of all the bad habits and I somehow made it work! Now after a year , I shifted to a new school, and living in a new city (temporarily) due to some circumstances, I realized there was one habit I still wasn't able to get rid of, PROCRASTINATION! And, I was...

Seeking Peer Reviews

9

Writing4Life (Australia) published:

Productive Lockdown

PROMPT: Three Month Window

“I’ll do that next week!”

“Ah, I don’t really feel like doing that right now.”

“Yeah, I’ll do it eventually!”

Before COVID-19, I would put off projects and activities with a dismissive wave of my hand. It wasn’t necessarily that I didn’t have the time to do them (I did), but I couldn’t be bothered with doing something that didn’t absolutely need doing. Projects like finishing my painting, cleaning out my closet, and cleaning my walls just didn’t make it...