All writing published for [Insert Age]

Published writing

3

Mimi08 (United States) published:

13

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Being 13 means so many things, and yet nothing, the only real landmark is the fact that your a teenager, which sucks. When your 13 it's like a transition from sweet child to moody teenager.This means you get to learn about things, but not actually do them, your body and emotions start changing, and your parents expect you to explode any second. Another thing is your told how you have to be responsible, but you're given no real responsibilities! When I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Mimi08 (United States) published:

13

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

Mimi08 (United States) published:

13

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

Mimi08 (United States) published:

13

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

gabbgucci (United States) published:

13

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

As a kindergartener, I always looked up to what was considered "the older kids." I say this term in quotes only because these kids weren't necessary old. In fact, they were quite young. I had always thought about what I would like as a ten year old, and then a fifteen year old, and even up to sixty years old. At my school, there were multiple floors so if you had just graduated to third grade, congrats! You were now...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

gabbgucci (United States) published:

13

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

narwhal stories (United States) published:

16 and counting

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Being 16 isn't as cool as the movies and shows make it out to be I thought when I turned id be out with friends falling for boys. All the boys would fall all over me... I'm the only one that's falling but not for boys it's for my grades and my ticket to collage.

When I was 9 it was always me saying I cant wait till I'm old enough to do what my brothers did I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Nors (United States) published:

15

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

of all the things I still remember
music and singing
music and bright lights
when did i let music
take over my life? 

summer's never looked the same
everything is changing now
people are moving on
why does it feel like
i haven't changed at all?

the years go by and time just seems to fly
so many things to do
but tomorrow is so close
what happened
to yesterday?

but the memories remain
all my memories preserved in videos ...
Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Raquel Braiani (Brazil) published:

Sixteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Blink, and you are 16.
Blink, you are 30.
Blink, you are 85.
Blink, and Hey! That's the end.

The fear of death haunts all human beings because we are the only ones in Via Lactea who have the consciousness of mortality. Animals and stars do not know that one day, their existence is going to end -they are so serene.

I am sixteen, and, more than the fear of death, I am haunted by the fear of forgetfulness. What...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Raquel Braiani (Brazil) published:

Sixteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Blink, and you are 16.
Blink, you are 30.
Blink, you are 85.
Blink, and Hey! That's the end.

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

its_just_Rose (United States) published:

15...

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

... but when did that happen?
When did I find the time to progress 17,000 hours through my life? Where has that time -a time that was supposed to be memorable, slow-going, and filled with excitement- gone? I constantly feel pulled back, as if I'm an elastic band. I'm not 15 yet. I'm still a sassy 13-year old that acts like she's hitting 40. I don't feel that way anymore. Instead, I feel as if I've gone backward. I feel...

Seeking Peer Reviews

5

Arielle08 (United States) published:

Thirteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

13. The unlucky number. The entryway to the teenage years. 

To be honest, I would have rather been 12. At 13, you are no longer a kid. But, you aren't an adult either. 

No privileges gained. Mo more getting in to places free or kids menus. More responsibility. Still an annoying 9:30 bedtime.

When I was 12, I dreaded turning 13. There seemed to be no benefit. It marked 1 year and 2 weeks exactly of quarantine.

Nothing interesting happens...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

hi i'm jackson ;) (United States) published:

15

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

15 is supposed to be teenage love,
blurry polaroids and learning to drive,
getting a job and failing math class.
15 is supposed to be making plans.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
What college do you want to go to?
Where are you going to work?

But for me, 15 is falling.
15 is expanding in all directions, 
changing my mind,
aiming for the stars and landing in the stratosphere.
15 is growing.
Reach for...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Writing4Life (Australia) published:

15

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

15.
It seems like a mystical number.
A number that promises hope.
And love.

I'm sure you've heard Taylor Swift's song 15. It is a song cemented in pop culture, as are all of her songs. It sings of first love, a first kiss, a first date. 
Why is it that 15 is the age of love?
It's not for me. I've never dated anyone, never gone for a drive in his car, or stayed up late dancing. 
2020 and...
Seeking Peer Reviews

4

1000Butterflies (Australia) published:

14

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

When I was 0,
I was an only child,

It stayed that way,
For 2 years,

When I was 2,
My first sister was born,

We moved house,
It would be the first move of many

I don't remember that.

When I was 4,
I pushed my sister down the stairs,

I fractured my skull,
And spent some in hospital,

When I was 5,
My second sister came along,

Born at home,
She came out screaming,

We moved house a...

8

akaarity (Myanmar) published:

seventeen? seventeen.

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

there is a movie playing on the big screen inside my heart. when you enter, the boy by the counter will ask you for a ticket, but it’s okay if you don’t have one; the ticket is only a formality. take a seat on the galleries, but do not give a single glance at the recliners and armchairs.

sit. the movie is playing. 

the screen flashes and there is a child but not quite. a cord stretches between, the doctor...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Madeline_Elizabeth (United States) published:

17

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

I always knew I wasn't supposed to be nice. I mean, haven't you seen the movies? Seventeen year olds are jerks, always. They're dramatic, selfish, and self-centered. From the time you're little you know nobody likes teenagers. Parents talk about that dreaded age. Those who have them say they can't wait until it's over. You grow up knowing nobody is going to like you at 17; you probably won't even like yourself.
    As I grew older...

Seeking Peer Reviews

17

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

As I grew older...

Seeking Peer Reviews

5

SnowLeopard06 (United States) published:

.---- ....-

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

my life is morse code tapping through a wall,
easy to miss, quick to fall
on deaf ears, to think it was a mouse,
trapped inside the broken walls of this house.

i don't know the meaning of all this time,
it feels like i've crossed one too many lines,
and like i'm tires stuck inside a rut,
i'm far too close to giving up.

have all these years meant nothing?
have they drifted away without a cause?
once i...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Sophia15 (United States) published:

15 (and 361 days)

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

I have dwelled under the painted skies for a decade and a half.  I have felt the misty spring freshness in the air each morning,  I have run in the threatening heat that finds me in the summertime, I have relished the crisp coolness to the fall leaves as they fall from their dangling perch, and I have looked out onto the snowy winds that blow up against the windows in the winter.  I have been blessed with experiencing 60...

23

Eblinn (Belgium) published:

zeventien

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Maybe it's not that hard to guess, but zeventien means seventeen in my language. The only reason I put this as the title is because I thought this would be a fun change from the other ones. But the reason I am seventeen years old right now is because I was born once, then the earth kept spinning around the sun, and now I am stuck in this particular universe with these particular expectations for my age.
 I am now...

3
1

Stone of Jade (United States) published:

seventeen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

when I was going into the fourth grade, I felt so grown up. And as my 9-year-old-self, that was partly true. I was the oldest I had ever been. fingering through my box of colored pencils I could only think of one thing: change is exciting.

2920 sunsets later, I am entering my senior year. I am the oldest I have ever been, yet feel so young compared the the pressure of responsibility around me. now, packing a backpack of...
Seeking Peer Reviews

5

Odyssey (United States) published:

17

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

By 17, I think I should know so much more than I do. In some ways, I am still very sheltered from the world. That's what happens when you attend a small, private, Catholic school for thirteen years. By 17, I think I should be doing so many things that, honestly, don't appeal to me at all. And I feel wrong for feeling that way.
  Even my friends don't always seem to understand my attitude towards boys, and parties,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

6

Written_In_Water (United Kingdom) published:

[Insert Age]

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Not to be cliched: but how old am I?

I suppose the answer is 17
On the surface;
I'm responsible
I'm on the brink of being an adult
I'm thinking about the future
I know what I'm doing
On the surface

But it's more mixed up than that;
How old do strangers think I am when they see me in the street?
18? 16? 15?
It bothers me that I don't know
And I don't know why

My parents think...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

saskia_hughes (Australia) published:

16

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Sweet Sixteen,
Your age doesn't define you,
But there is something about being sixteen...

16 means freedom,
freedom to drive.
freedom for medical treatment.
freedom to learn.
freedom.

16 means uncertainty.
uncertainty about your life.
uncertainty about your purpose.
uncertainty about who you will become.
uncertainty.

16 means opinions.
opinions on war.
opinions on oppression.
opinions on everything.
opinions.

16 means responsibility.
responsibility to uphold the law.
responsibility for sexual intercourse.
responsibility to take care of yourself.
responsibility.

Sweet sixteen...

Seeking Peer Reviews