All writing published for [Insert Age]

Published writing

4

Bluemoonkitten (Nigeria) published:

16

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Over the years I've experienced many changes just like everyone else.

I remember how it all started back then when I was just few years into life. I had so many uncertainties in my heart, about the world, the people around me and a little bit about myself, of course the questions about myself grew but that's for later.

Just like every other child I was very curious about the world, the only difference was that that unlike other children...

Seeking Peer Reviews

7
1

HeyThereRose (United Kingdom) published:

17

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

17 is old - it is it is it is 
it is dancing queen old, YA protagonist old, i-cant-even-imagine-being-that-old old
i wish i still thought 17 was old -

it is young
way way way way way too young

but not young enough

18 is around the corner
and 18 no longer seems safe
'when im an adult-' is no longer a phrase for lunchtime day dreams

when i am 18 i will still feel too young
when i am...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Owl480 (United States) published:

17

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

At first, seventeen felt scary. Sixteen was the year of driving, the year of freedom. Still far away from eighteen. From responsibility. Seventeen seemed so old, so distant. 
     But I settled into seventeen. Old enough to drive, just enough of an adult to make decisions, but without the responsibility that comes with eighteen. The summer felt free. Seventeen. Seventeen! The world at my fingertips, nothing to fear. 
    School started. My friends began turning eighteen....

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

pidgin (United States) published:

15

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

so, i'm 15, so i've been told. yay...writing that down makes me feel old, somehow. where did all those years go? anyways, 15 is a weird age to be. We're too young to drive, be real adults, but too old to have real fun anymore, too old to be just kids. I don't think being 15 has set in yet(though i turned 15 a while ago) i still feel like... a child. At 15, you're at the age where, you're...

Seeking Peer Reviews

5

Luci Munday (Australia) published:

<13>

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

I'm a teenager now. What is that supposed to mean? I'm don't think I'm the type of person everyone expects a 13-year-old to be - in saying that, I mean the ones you see in American reality TV, the ones who idol the Kardashians and put off their homework and wear makeup and go out shopping with their friends. I'm not like that. I idol Julia Gillard and Greta Thunberg and Malala Youzafazi, care more for my schoolwork than my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

5

mnesic writer (United States) published:

17

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

When you turn ten you enter the double digits. It’s supposed to be a huge step into middle school and learning more about life. But I felt like it just slipped on by. When you turn thirteen, you’re finally a teenager and you come of age to get a phone, maybe a boyfriend, wear makeup. When I was thirteen, I was awkward, shy, and clumsy. Sweet sixteen you get a car in a big and grand kind of way. And...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

BizzleWrites (Australia) published:

14

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

I think, perhaps, I am too old not to recognize and too young to know better of the mistakes I am yet to make. I know I am flawed. I know the world is flawed, but that doesn't give us a right to walk over what's left of humanity with the spiked golf shoes of willfull ignorance. You, dear reader, have surely made mistakes, which in itself is only human. People tell you all this schist about how it's how...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

The Elephant In The Room (Israel) published:

17

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

If somone, makes another dancing queen joke, Im gonna commit a homocide.

I love the sweedish 80s band ABBA more than anything in this world and I do not want it associated with the fact that I am rotting!

ABBA represents fun, joy, freedom. Which are all the feelings I dont have currently as a seventeen year old! I cant dance when Im stuck in an endless pile of meaningless trouble.

The world wants me to be the dancing queen....

Seeking Peer Reviews

macy (United States) published:

16

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

All my life I've wanted to be one year older and two steps ahead. Maybe it's just me, but I'm certain it's not. I don't want to be 16. I want to be 5, 10, 23, and 59 all at the same time. I want the clock to tell me that it's every hour right now. I want the clock to lose all its labels.

At 5, I was expected to do homework before playing. At 10, I no longer...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Tamara Blakeley (Australia) published:

Seventeen.

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

The age where everything is both ending and beginning. 

No longer a child, but not quite yet an adult. 

We are in limbo. 

They say I have a way with words, but I am so often lost for them. Where must my place in the world be? And do I truly have a choice in the matter?

Do I have to be a Mother and Wife? 

Is it so wrong of me to instead want to analyse the ideologies of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Tamara Blakeley (Australia) published:

Seventeen.

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

We are in limbo. 

Do I have to be a Mother and Wife? 

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

GiuliaGM (United Kingdom) published:

17

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

10,13,15,17... All the years I could not wait to reach and now I yearn for the big one-eight. Teenage years spent wishing away the present in order to sprint towards the future; each year wanting something new. First to become a true 'teen', next to get into the films with more explicit themes, then the ability to hit the road but now I continue to long for the day I can party with my friends and head to the ballot...

Seeking Peer Reviews

GiuliaGM (United Kingdom) published:

17

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Elizabeth123 (Austria) published:

14

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

14 is the age where they all expect from you to be the ,,typical teenager" who is crazy, lazy, careless, seeks out for romance and is really moody at sometimes.14 is the age where it is ,,in" to try out new things like getting drunk, smoking or throwing parties. When you are 14, the color pink, unicorns, mermaids, princesses, dolls, fairies, and your favorite tv show from a few years ago are labeled as embarrassing, childish and stupid. 
This is...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Elizabeth123 (Austria) published:

14

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

This is...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

macy (United States) published:

16

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

All my life I've wanted to be one year older and two steps ahead.Maybe it's just me, but I'm certain it's not. I don't want to be 16. I want to be 5, 10, 23, and 59 all at the same time. I want the clock to tell me that it's every hour right now. I want the clock to lose all its labels.

At 5, I was expected to do homework before playing. At 10, I no longer had...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Laura (Australia) published:

90's child

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

I feel again the gritty pain
That was the birth of my generation
Born with a howl
With a flow of foul words
With the scent of sweat and alcohol
Into a disturbed world of strobing light
Born knowing that these were the end times
But determined to take every scrap of life back
Not precious and pure but brutal and honest
We teetered on the brink
Unsure if we would live or sink
And yet out of that stink...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Hogwartstudent (Canada) published:

Thirteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Thirteen. Grade eight. The last year before high school. I remember a time when graduation seemed terrifying. It was the leap into this huge unknown. This sea of new beginnings and people. The words high school and grade nine seemed so intimidating. But now that grade eight graduations arrival is imminent, I don't want this year to end. I was selected along with twenty-seven others to be a part of the EcoQuest grade eight Saskatoon public schools program. We are...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Namarie.H.G (Canada) published:

16

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Still so young and stupid. I fall in love with any boy who can make me smile, then ask myself why when they make me cry.

I live to be the person everyone wants me to be, but there's too many people and only one me to wear a thousand masks. I try to be smart, but they say "no be beautiful." I try to be beautiful, but they say "no be athletic." I try to be athletic but they...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

Ellenrbnsn (United States) published:

15

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

I'm 15, yet I don't feel 15. I'm mature for my age, they say, and I'd agree, but not in the cliche way that most teenagers feel. I'm in no rush to grow up. I don't need to dress 18 and act 21 to feel like I belong in an ever changing society. I don't need to rush off with immature, thoughtless boys and drink alcohol until my mind goes numb and my vision blurs. I don't need to smoke...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Amyaad (Ireland) published:

17

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

17 years old : the in-between age. Not yet an adult, but not really a child. Thus is the curse of the seventeen year old. It's a strange age: on one hand you still rely on your parents, still need permission and approval before doing anything, yet on the other hand, it's the time when you must make some truly important life decisions. Are you going to college? What do you want to do for the rest of your life?...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Amyaad (Ireland) published:

17

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

katieroberts (United States) published:

17

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Memories that last a lifetime, friends that last forever. 17 has blessed me with the best and the worst of times. Sure, nothing big happens when you turn 17 but it still has been one of the greatest. Over the course of this year I have learned a lot of new things. I have applied for colleges, decided what I want to do with my life, and even set all of my lifelong future plans in place. On top of that, I have...

Marisol4455 (United States) published:

The Age of Fear

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

I have been on this Earth for 17 years to this point,
School. Work. Sleep. Repeat.
I see the same people every single day,
Live the same repetitive routine.
Nothing ever changes... until I think about the future.
The time when I get to leave this little town and see the world.
Meet new people,
See new things,
Actually experience the world.
The future and all it contains beckons my name,
yet there is something inside of me that is...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

KizKatKet (United States) published:

Fifteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Fifteen
Years ago
I was born
Into this crazy world.
Never would I have expected
The ups and downs I would
Face in my upcoming years of life.
From deaths to life to making new friends,
I never thought I would have such an effect
On anyone or thing in the very short amount of
Time I have been on this earth, this big world that
Is full of wonder and new experiences, ones that make me who
I am. And...

Seeking Peer Reviews