All writing published for [Insert Age]

Published writing

1

Rachel the Author (United States) published:

15 Years

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Fifteen. A relatively small number, but at the same time, it's packed full with memories, emotions, and all sorts of crazy adventures...

15 years of sadness, the death and loss of family and friends along the way.
15 years of happiness, the trips to Florida and sharing of family stories.
15 years of fear, horror movies watched late at night with monsters under my bed.
15 years of joy, the knowledge I am saved and there's nothing to fear.
15...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Roisin Dauth (Australia) published:

16

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

One, six, 2 years until you’re a legal adult, 5 years until you’re the big 21. But there’s nothing really special about this number, you’re not the dancing queen yet, and your probably in the worst year of school in your life.
It’s an age of angst and rebellion, an age of cliche parties and ‘finding yourself’ in the chaotic world around you, it’s an age of confusion where you have just left behind your childhood and your adult life...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Grace Ow (Singapore) published:

15

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Fifteen has always been an interesting age to people, probably because it is somewhere in the middle of our adolescence, past 13, which marks transition from childhood, but not quite reaching 18, when one leaves for adulthood. 15 is a time when one is properly in their teens, stuck in the middle of maturity and innocence, childhood and youth, chaos and order. 

15, to me, was one half confusion and the other half understanding. I had to constantly battle all...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Tamara Blakeley (Australia) published:

Seventeen.

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

The age where everything is both ending and beginning. 

No longer a child, but not quite yet an adult. 

We are in limbo. 

They say I have a way with words, but I am so often lost for them. Where must my place in the world be? And do I truly have a choice in the matter?

Do I have to be a Mother and Wife? 

Is it so wrong of me to instead want to analyse the ideologies of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Tamara Blakeley (Australia) published:

Seventeen.

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

We are in limbo. 

Do I have to be a Mother and Wife? 

Seeking Peer Reviews

Domini Snow (United Kingdom) published:

13

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

This year was a tough year and so was last year and I know that the next year will be. Becoming 13 isn't an amazing year where you're introduced to all these 'cool' teenage things, 13 is the year that teaches you more than you ever thought you'd know about the people around you. You'll find out that people around you are changing and discovering who they are whether it be sexuality, personality, or just what they want to do...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Domini Snow (United Kingdom) published:

13

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

BerginFlom (United States) published:

16

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

With every year we gain, we get more responsibility. When I turned 16 I got my drivers license and was able to drive wherever whenever, of coarse with my parents permission. 
I am expected to get good grades and be in three sports. Along with that be active in the community. I am expected to have fun and be social, but it is hard to do all of these things at once. 
I have balance everything out and try to fit...

Seeking Peer Reviews

S.Z99 (United Kingdom) published:

17

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

17, is it really any different from being 16? Apart from the now almost impossible workload - I still feel the same. I was told that I would finally grow up and become more mature, that I would see the world in a new light - which my optimism would turn into pessimism, as my thoughts would be consumed with grades and universities. I think I listened to these things a little too much, I overthought everything because I...
Seeking Peer Reviews

3

zhengk23 (United States) published:

Age 18

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

The age of 18 is a time of change and the beginnings of a new chapter in our lives. We are graduated from high school and most of us will be going off to college. The rest of us will go into the workforce and even into the military. The age of 18 marks the beginning of adulthood and its time to take up those new responsibilities. When I was younger at age 13, life was quite carefree. It was...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

zhengk23 (United States) published:

Age 18

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

D-Thor (United States) published:

17

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

It's amazing being able to feel so old, yet know you're so young. Since I was a child I've always looked at seventeen as the age when I would finally be old enough to fully understand the world around me. Old enough to know everything I'll ever need to know  and old enough to take charge of my life. 
    Those childish beliefs can only be partially true. The fact of the matter is that seventeen is...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

dreisch98 (United States) published:

17

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

When I was younger all I could think about was what life would be like when I was older.  Now once i'm to this age I have satisfied by how far I have come. Now all I can think about is what is to come in the future. That's what stinks about aging, you always look forward to the future and you never live your life in the present. Once I have plans figured out I always seem...

1

ShelbieAnn (United States) published:

17 Years

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Many years gone
I've seen and done
My life goes round and round
I never want to hit ground
I may smile I may frown
The pain is for gain
I shall never refrain
You must fight for what is right
And never put your dreams out of sight
I'm trying to become rich in all the good
I have to keep a positive mood
I strive to achieve
And I must always believe
That I am who I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

allieskattum (United States) published:

18

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Adulthood is now a thing. I am 18 years old but I feel like i'm 25. Sometimes I feel like I should be buying a house but then some days I want to be 10 again. 18 is supposed to be the time when you make life decisions and then have the time of your life before you start to actually to be an adult. Well now its here and i'm going to have the greatest time. I...

3

steph.riggss (United States) published:

18

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Stephanie Riggs

I recently just turned 18, one of those 'big' birthdays as people would call it.  Before your birthday at any age you get all excited and countdown the days, but then once it gets their you realize that it is just another day.  Finally the big one-eight, an adult that has more freedom than before, that can sign papers for themselves, and that will soon go off to college to start the rest of their life....

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

allieskattum (United States) published:

18

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

3

steph.riggss (United States) published:

18

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Stephanie Riggs

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

allieskattum (United States) published:

18

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

3

steph.riggss (United States) published:

18

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Stephanie Riggs

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

steph.riggss (United States) published:

18

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Stephanie Riggs

Seeking Peer Reviews

7

samantha.aanenson (United States) published:

18

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

18 is adulthood.
Good luck out there.
You can buy cigarettes.
You can buy lottery tickets.
You can get your own plane tickets. 
You can reserve your own hotel room.
You get your driver's license renewed.
If you are smart enough, you can graduate high school.
You throw yourself a graduation party and walk across the stage to receive your diploma.
You have to decide what you want to do for the rest of your life
You can go to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

7

18

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

18 is adulthood.
Good luck out there.
You can buy cigarettes.
You can buy lottery tickets.
You can get your own plane tickets. 
You can reserve your own hotel room.
You get your driver's license renewed.
You can go to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Makayla.Huisman16 (United States) published:

17

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Makayla Huisman

17 is a year of lifelong memories, a time of learning and when you meet some of your best friends. 17 is what every child waits for. It's the time of your life. But is 17 really all that much different than 16 or 18? While we get older, we gain more responsibility and expect new adventures. Having been able to drive at 16 and being a legal adult at 18, how and why does 17...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

melissatweet (United States) published:

18 for dayzz (365 of them)

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

I have been 18 years old for about 92 of the 365 days. Actually I have no idea do not quote me on that. I like to live my life the way I want to, sadly I have to wake up and go to school each day. School is not that bad I just do not like lunch or waking up early. Track is not fun but I suffer through it. At least I do not run I just throw...