All writing published for [Insert Age]

Published writing

1
2

Kat_B (Burundi) published:

14

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Fourteen. It's half of twenty-eight, a fourth of fifty-six, and a hell of a long way from ninety. So I'm pretty young right? But then again, fourteen is twice the age of seven and at seven we might not have jobs, or know the complexities of life, but we still feel rather old and mature and pretty damn smart. 
So I was going to write that my life is changing, I mean duh I am a teenager, and the space...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
2

Kat_B (Burundi) published:

14

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
2

Kat_B (Burundi) published:

14

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

izzymoon (United Kingdom) published:

Seventeen (Dancing Queen)

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

I am 17 years old and, as every adult never fails to tell me, I am at the point where I get to experience life with complete freedom whilst enjoying an acceptable disregard for any sense of responsibility because of the “teenage” excuse. The ever-present daily force of the media romanticises this age where adults realise their children really aren’t children anymore. Songs such as “Dancing Queen” and “Sixteen going on Seventeen” tell me I'm quite literally “on the brink”...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

izzymoon (United Kingdom) published:

Seventeen (Dancing Queen)

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

read_write_love_paris (Australia) published:

Thirteen Years Old

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

The thing is, I'm not that old yet. But when I was young, thirteen was a big number. I looked at thirteen year olds like they were adults. Like they knew exactly what they wanted and how to get it. Like they were independent - happy by themselves. Maybe they had found love, maybe they had not. All I really thought about thirteen year olds was that they were teenagers - they were practically young adults. They were in high...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

outwalkingthelights (United Kingdom) published:

17

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

17 is my in between age.
17 is my old enough to join the army but too young to drink alcohol age.
17 is my old enough to marry but too young to buy scissors age.
17 is the age where everyone tells me how I should be enjoying life, but when I do I should be studying.
17 is the age where I must decide everything.
17 is where I am too old to be irresponsible and too young...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Sabitha Kiritharan (United Kingdom) published:

Sixteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Sixteen, it had been sixteen long but wonderful years since I had been born. With seventeen, coming up soon, I couldn't help but wonder what I had accomplished in my life. There hadn't been much, most of the stuff I wanted to do, I told myself that I had the future to do, but what if my future wasn't as long as I wanted it to be. I knew time was precious, time was like age. Age, when you're younger...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Sixteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

Sixteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

Sixteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

Sixteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

lovelyjanelle13 (United States) published:

Seventeen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Life is full of restrictions that slowly disappear as you age.
At fifteen you're allowed to get a driver's permit.
At sixteen you're allowed to drive and get a job.
At seventeen you're allowed to go see R-rated movies.
At eighteen you're allowed to enter the world as an adult.

Kind of a big step isn't it? Going from seventeen to eighteen? Why did the world decide that in the one year between being seventeen and eighteen you can learn enough...

Seeking Peer Reviews

sKRUwriting (India) published:

16

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

16.

When the day dawned on my 16th birthday, I'd thought things would change, I'd thought the world would change. It was a great feeling, a great thought, but it wasn't true. My friends had called me the night before, we'd spoken through midnight, them wishing when the clock struck twelve, the overwhelming feeling of being a year older, I definitely couldn't sleep afterwards. In the morning, people wished me, some only remembered this day that I'd waited for my entire...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Abigail Kremer (United States) published:

Sixteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

At sixteen years old I am deemed a young women, but I'm not ready for that yet.  At sixteen, I'm expected to behave like a young woman, participate in serious relationships, and learn the arts of home.  I don't want to learn the arts of the home.
    I am still just a child.  At least, that's what it feels like.  I'm not ready to think about the future, child bearing, and marriage.  It's all just too much. At...

1

Sixteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

2
2

Robert Snider (United States) published:

14

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Hi, I’m Robert, and I have a confession to make: I’m a teenager.

No, I’m most often not a smelly, irrational, insubordinate ball of angst. I only occasionally blast my ears out with loud music. And I don’t resist waking up because I’m lazy- well, not entirely because I’m lazy.

If I were an exception, it could excuse the bad rap that teenagers get. But I am most certainly not alone. Most of the people my age that...

Seeking Peer Reviews