Download %284%29

Living My Life Through Writing

Lives in Oregon
In the 10th Grade
Born in San Diego
Supporter of LGBT Community(Bi)
Ravenclaw(HUGE Harry Potter Fan)

Please help! I don't like this and honest reviews are needed.

Salt To The Sea

A book can change the way people think, see things and even live. There are thousands of books and everyone asks me how I specifically chose one.   
    When you find a book that changes your life, it is an amazing feeling. The book that changed my life is Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys. 
    The book is based in World War 2 times and changed the way I thought about it. I knew, at the time I read the book, that World War 2 was a violent and sad time but this book changed everything. You should all definitely read this book because it shows a fictional yet realistic and emotional story set is the time of World War 2. There are 4 different points of view in the book and it gets more and more interesting by the page. They each tell their own story in the beginning but eventually their stories intertwine.The book was published February 2nd, of 2016 and has a page count of 391, including the author's note and acknowledgments. 
    The different points of views feature four main characters, by the names of Joana Vilkas, Florian Beck, Emilia Stozek, and Alfred Frick. Some of the other main characters in the book are Eva, Ingrid, Heinz aka The Shoe Poet, Klaus aka The Wandering Boy, and Halinka. 
    This book has contains true events such as the sinking of the Wilhelm Gustloff and the evacuation of Germany. Ruta Sepetys has a good understanding of the topic, as she was the daughter of a Lithuanian refugee. She definitely made the story, a believable work of fiction. I enjoyed the book so much and it helped me better understand the events of World War 2. 
    As a reader, of fiction or nonfiction, I strongly recommend that you read this book.