Download %284%29

Living My Life Through Writing

Lives in Oregon
In the 10th Grade
Born in San Diego
Supporter of LGBT Community(Bi)
Ravenclaw(HUGE Harry Potter Fan)

The second part to my color series. It is based on hate crimes.

Black

0
I can't go outside because of my pure fears of the people out there. I feel like I have been a victim of my family's skin color my whole life. I may not be white like them, but that still means I have a right to live. I will not go outside because of the fears that plague my mind. It is a different story than being hated for your clothes, having glasses, or so many other stupid things. I don't even want to go to school, for I know that the second I step into that building everything will start again. I will be pushed, hit, hurt, and broken before the day even starts. I know that this may have been the way they were raised but hate for a different skin color is something entirely different. I get that I may be the opposite of purity, because black stands for hate, and impurity. I just want to be like everyone else and not have be scared everyday of my life. I just want to go to school and learn. I want to grow up and get a job, something to do with my passion. I just want to raise my own kids, but how can I raise them in this imperfect, impure, and injustice world. Why can't they see that I just want to yellow sunrise over the clouds, over the mountains. I don't want to see it through this window anymore. I am a victim of there hate crimes. I am a victim of this world, but I just want to be like them.