58a950a8 f6a4 4534 a32c daa5e2c7aa3f

The Campbell Kid

Chicken soup is a soup made from chicken, simmered in water, usually with various other ingredients. The classic chicken soup consists of a clear chicken broth, often with pieces of chicken or vegetables; common additions are pasta, and noodles.

The title has no relevance to the story... sorry!

Boundaries And Personal Space?

0
It was dull this afternoon. Usually she baked, but today... today she was quiet. She shuffled over to me, her slippers disturbing the pink shag carpet below her feet activating the faint smell of wet dog. She set something on the floral couch in the corner, then continued her prolonged limp towards the dark oak table where I sat. I slight breeze blew through the window and gave me a chill. Something wasn’t right. My heart beat faster as she got closer and closer. When she got to me she leaned in towards my ear, her lips smacking with each old syllable, whispering “I haven’t always heard them....” I pushed away from her “Haven’t always heard... what?” I demanded. She just frowned and turned back to the kitchen. I couldn’t stay there any longer. Our two hours were almost up anyway and she never cared if I left early. “Goodbye, gran.” she told me to call her gran the first time I came over. I slipped on my coat and reached for the doorknob. “They don’t want you to leave. They crave company.” I fumbled to open the door. “Who... Who?!” The door was gone. Her eyes rolled back into her head, she began her slow walk towards me again. She continued on without blinking “They whisper to me, stop him, make him stay... we need him to stay. It’s so cold, so cold, so cold.” She was screaming now “COLD, COLD, COLD!!!” And now I’m here. And Isn’t it a little... cold?