58a950a8 f6a4 4534 a32c daa5e2c7aa3f

The Campbell Kid

Chicken soup is a soup made from chicken, simmered in water, usually with various other ingredients. The classic chicken soup consists of a clear chicken broth, often with pieces of chicken or vegetables; common additions are pasta, and noodles.

Yay! I've been working on this for a really long time and am very glad to finally get it out to you guys!

Salt

0
The slight wind wafts it over to me. The scent lingers on my tongue and pours out my eyes. Salt... a seasoned dish of memories and summer nights illuminated by the campfire at Bob’s Pine Grove and the shine of the sun through an off white Haribo gummy bear. The thoughts of glass rounded by the rough seas, aloe Vera plants at a cottage, an emerald dolphin, and a mouth full of sand drift in and out of consciousness as the sun sets over the horizon. The sting in my nose keeps me awake and aware but relaxes me simultaneously, letting me breath for what seems like the very first time. Salt... a rich tapestry of family, friends, and s'mores inside of ice cream cones. The feel of a fresh deck of cards in the darkness, a game lit by a dim lantern at midnight, sunscreen against rough skin, and freckles dancing on my face, they all remind me of the slight breeze that licks at my senses with a tongue of nostalgia and tears at my nostrils with mothering arms. Salt... a stomach full of good times about to burst and a mother's hand on a child’s warm forehead as he drifts off into dreams of the sun and... Salt.