rwong

peppermint hot chocolate (#holidayvibes)
~average teen writer/poet~
lover of historical fiction books (especially WWII)
dog lover
pianist
musical lover

joined september 19, 2020

say hi to my amazing wtw friends: mirkat & lochnessie
and my real friend: JMkittycat

"never dim the light that shines from within." - maya angelou
"poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words." - robert frost
"all you have to do is write one true sentence. write the truest sentence that you know." - ernest hemingway

lonely vs. alone

3
lonely is defined as "sad because one has no friends or company"/ while alone is defined as "having no one else present"/ but you seem to use them interchangeably/ so how do i explain the difference between being alone and feeling lonely/ when you have felt neither/
how do i tell you that being surrounded by people/ isn't a cure for loneliness/ that perhaps in a crowd/ is when i am most lonely/ as if i have lost my footing/ while everyone around me/ has surged ahead on the mountain and left me hanging/ 
how do i say that perhaps when i'm alone/ i'm not/  imaginary friends/ i never outgrew/ still whisper me/ no matter the childish notion/ perhaps these friends/ i have created/ were only ever built/ so i would never be alone/ though i am/
i don't need to be alone to be lonely/ and i certainly don't need to be lonely/ to be left alone/
uhhhh yea idk what this is

• Busssy.Beee

O-O this piece is just.... a.m.a.z.i.n.g, you work really well with slashes!!

• Rohan’s Defender (Rudolph’s Defender #holidayvibes)

Wow, something about this poem really draws a reader in. The sadness and longing, the emotion is so raw and amazingly described in such an interesting and unique way! Love this!!