bookmagic

Formerly Bookmagic
Christian and biromantic asexual
she/her/
I'm weird, deal with it
Is constantly stuck in her own fantasies
Kotlc, Land of Stories, League of Archers, Bookwanderers, etc...
Hi Book Fairies

Thank youuuuuuuuuuu!

Once there was...(read footnotes pretty please)

13
Once there was a six year old girl who loved to write stories. She had no idea that she would end up the way she did. She also loved to read and was, unfortunately, teased for it constantly. 

Once there was a seven year old girl. She was in a new school, a new life, new people. She was afraid of being teased and clutched her notebook to her chest like it was her life. On that day, though, she met two people just like her and they became the best of friends.

Once there was an eight year old girl who knew she loved to write. She writing a novel about a fairy and a flower that she was quite proud of. The sad thing was that no one shared her love of the written word. She also found she loved to cook, act, and dance as well.

Once there was a nine year old girl. She loved to write and was learning from a teacher at her school, but her parents didn't understand. Her dad was constantly disappointed that she wanted to write instead of play basketball and her mom agreed with her dad.

Once there was a ten year old girl. She was finished with a novel, but she was too frightened to try and publish it. She was too frightened even though they said it was amazing.

Once there was an eleven year old girl. She was shy and introverted. The only three things that kept her from breaking down were her faith, her friends, and her writing. That year she finally convinced her mom to let her go to writing camp where she met people that changed her life.

Once there was a twelve year old girl. Writing was her life and she wrote many things. She found out that her friend loved to write and they did a collaboration together with her other friend as the editor. Near the end of the year, the covid pandemic struck and she couldn't go to writing camp. Online learning was hard on her and she started slipping.

Once there was a thirteen year old girl. Writing was her life, but no one understood. Her parents didn't think of it as a worthy pursuit and her friends weren't as passionate. She slipped slowly into depression. Then she signed up for a site full of writers just like her. She was too overjoyed to anything except that she felt misplace, but happy and that's how her first piece was born. This site helped her out of her depressions and held her up when she felt small. She got to read amazing stories, poems, plays. They were funny, tragic, and happy. She could say things she could only ever think in the presence of anyone else and she finally felt at home.
For you it may not seem as big, but for me WtW was a life changing experience. I was actually going to give up on writing before this. Now, I'm thinking about it and crying because I would've been depressed for the longest time if not for you guys and I can't thank you enough. If no one reads this, and they probably won't, I'll keep editing and publishing until everyone knows how thankful I am to them even you, adult reading this.

• Elizabeth Lewis

I'm so sorry!! Please know that YOU ARE AN AMAZING WRITER!!!!!!! I'm praying for you and your family!!!
    Btw my fav color is orange, my fav kotlc book is probably neverseen or nightfall, my favorite animal is probably a cat, and finally my favorite subject is probably choir or drama! What about you?
    "The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you, in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.” (Zephaniah 3:17-- hope it is encouraging!!!) (Also one version I prefer is says that "He will quiet you with His love" :))

• acrosstheuniverse28

Gosh, I'm gonna cry! I'm so glad you're here writing for us! <3<3<3 Keep doing what you love!

• doodleninja

aw, I'm so glad you never gave up writing and you were able to grace us with your presence here on wtw :D this is such a sweet, endearing, thought-out piece! you are very much welcomed and loved here :) <3

• in_love_with_writing [maybe coming back from the hiatus?]

Like Anne Blackwood said, such a beautiful journey!! And also, for me WTW was also life changing. I had basically given up writing for years, and this site brought me back into it! This was beautiful!

Awww this is such a beautiful journey! I'm so glad you've found a home here. <3

• beth r.

k imma go cry now because you're just so sweet and i just wowwww *virtual hug*

oh this made me tear up to read! i am so glad! i feel the same way...
    re: awww, thank u so much!

• A. Penderwick

Oh, I'm so glad you discovered this place and kept writing. You have so much talent, and should never stop. I love the way your formatted this.
    :)

<33 this is so sweet and meaningful. i love reading your writing! you are a talented writer...ink fills your blood--you were meant to be a writer <33

• sci-Fi

<3

• Busssy.Beee

awww, sending lots and lots of love!! <333 *virtual hug*