BriRiley

She/her/14
LDS
Leo
Homeschooler
Writer/Aspiring Author
Bookworm
Ravenclaw/Potterhead
Fairy kind/Shadow charmer
Narnian
Lunar/Renegade/Anarchist
Daughter of Athena
Joined Nov 2020

I would love to hear any of your comments on my work! It makes me a better writer with every comment! :D

And please check out my IRL friend SamRose, And my big sis CookieCrumbles52! (They are really good writers!)

And thank you so much for 100+ followers! It means so much to me, I cant express my joy enough! XD Thank you! And have a wonderful rest of your day!

Change

1
Something I have learned recently is that change can be anything you want it to be. 

Ok maybe not anything, but your perspective of change, can ‘changes’ whole experience. (Sorry for the pun I couldn’t help myself)

Anyway, I am a Lds member and my dad has been the bishop of our ward four six years. And he was finally going to be released last Sunday. Yay!

Not that he didn’t like being bishop, he loves it! But when he is released he will be able to sit with my family in church, not always have to leave for church meeting, and people won’t think we don’t have a dad when new people see us at church sitting with only my mom.

My whole family was ready, especially my younger sister. waiting for Sunday, when he would be released. But Saturday night my dad got a text saying that they needed him to serve for at least another month.

I expected to be crushed at the thought of waiting, but instead I felt peace. And there are many blessings of being the bishops daughter. Since my dad is bishop I always know when church activities are, everyone knows who I am, and I get to have candy out of the bishop candy jar.

But most of all when I saw my father get up in church and give a talk about how much being a bishop has strengthened his faith and how grateful he is for having the opportunity to serve our ward. I was very proud that he was my father.

So now when I think of waiting for a month until he is released, I try to look on the bright side and say to myself. He is meant to be bishop for a little while longer, you don’t know the reason but everything will work out ok, it always does. you just need to keep faith and trust the Lord. 

Yesterday when I was in church I had a prompting to write down my thoughts about this experience. I don’t know why but I hope this changes your experience with some changes that are happening in your life. I hope you have a wonderful day! :)

• BriRiley

I meant to say can change the whole experience. Oops