V-Rose

15
Proud Catholic
Writer/Reader
Coffee Addict
(since I could walk)
Listener
Rohan's Defender's twin/cousin/sister/cognate

PROMPT BELOW!
If you find inspiration with these, let me know. I would love to see what you guys do.
Prompt:
Glass and paperwork littered the floor of the queen's study.
~
Check out Rohan's Defender!

When they shoved her into the earth, she became an earthquake and shook their world.
-V (me)

LMK if you'd like to be updated on any of my series.

Death's Tales
Never Really Real
Flying on Broken Wings

And coming soon (as soon as one series finishes)!

Moonburn!
(Let me know if you'd like me to tell you when I start writing more!)

Maybe I Have... A Crush...

26
I'm no damsel in distress
And you can't mistake me for one
Not when I wield my pen like a blade
And my tongue like a whip

I'm no invincible warrior, though
Even if I act like my armor is impenetrable
And no wound or word keeps me from fighting
But I do tire and I do feel each stab I get

I'm no shy book-lover in the back of the class
Although it's easy to see my love of books
But I'm not afraid to raise my voice
Or raise my hand and say the wrong thing

I'm no extroverted cute girl, though
Even if I talk freely and laugh with the class
But I'm so scared to overshare
Like, if I do, you'll want to leave

I don't know if you can tell what I'm thinking
And if you know about my little... crush
I don't know if you can tell that I want to talk to you
But I won't initiate contact, start the conversation

I will lock things down and not let anything show
Because I don't know what else to do.
Besides over-analyze the situation, of course.
But that's a given when it comes to me.

I'm terrified-petrified- about putting this question
into
words...

Do you like me back?

But you won't see this.
You won't answer.
So, now, I go to build up my casing of stone
And let my Medusa-scared skin return.

I'm no damsel.
I'm no warrior.
I'm no introvert.
I'm no cute girl.

But...

Do you like me anyway?
Gah! Okay, this is why I teased my friends when they got crushes! Mushy-ness! Gah! Get it off me! Gah! But yeah... I might have a bit of a crush. And now I don't know what to do, what's going on, and why? 
*sigh*

• remi'sgotinkstains

oh my gosh this is so cute! i love especially the lines "not when I wield my pen like a blade/ and my tongue like a whip"!!!!!!!!!!! i didn't wait to like it after i read those two lines lol

• Asteraceae

What an adorable piece! Perfect for Valentines Day coming up.

oooh this is so sweeet!!! Poems are the best way to get these feeling out and oh man..the way you wrote this is beautiful.

also..Chapter 26 for Traitors and Rebels is out!

• books4life

oooooo ahahahahhhahaha! never related more to a piece. i like this guy & idk if he knows i exist. *sad lol it's fine*. anyways: chapter 14 is out!

Lol relatable!! To answer your footnotes, totally natural, just ride the wave, and for the "why" question...well i don't really know XD The poem is a great way of expressing feels tho.. :)

• Zirong

Oooh this is so relatable! I especially love the third stanza :3
    Yea having a crush is tiring... I never dated but I did have a little crush some time ago. Now it’s long been over and the internal struggle actually made me feel nostalgic when looking back :)

• FastOceanLove

This is great, love the last parts, I can completely relate, actually I would love if you checked out my pieces specifically "I'm Not Your Prize" and maybe some others. :) Everyone else feel free too!

• Rohan’s Defender

And I love your new pfp!!!

• Rohan’s Defender

I think you did a great job of expressing it! I love this piece, and it’s relatable to so many. And of course, you know how much I relate on the matter... but, I will say, if he doesn’t like you, he’s missing out on a huge opportunity. You’re awesome. And if you ever decide to tell him, I support you (though I know you to well to think you’ll be easily convinced to do that). Nevertheless, you know where to find me if you need to talk, although I sadly have few answers...... we’re in this struggle together!

• Minvra

I never dated. A part of me wants to try it. Though I know not much of my sexual orientation. Another part of me is afraid I'll be swept away into the sea and find myself shipwrecked. I've admired people, but I've never been to sure if I have a 'crush'. Look at this, a story/poem makes all of us talk.

ahh the feels, they are torturous, aren't they?
    expressive and relatable piece
    is it an actual crush, you think, or just attraction? like, i admire and think a lot of guys are attractive or kind or interesting, but i've only been emotionally attached to maybe two.
    and hey, it's gonna be ok! you're def not alone!

AHHH awww cuteeee!!!!

• BirdofPrey

re: thanks cant wait to read!

• SittingByTheSea

Relatable lol... great job with this!! I like how it's a poem! (And the footnotes... completely relatable haha)

Oh crushes are futile, but yet we love having em anyway! I don't think you can really help yourself. Aa, tbh, I wouldn't say, especially if this is a new crush, because, very often, you will be over him in a few days/weeks/months. I've never told anyone, and I don't have crushes on any of the guys now. If you're friends with them, it makes it a whole lot more awkward, so if you're friends, I really wouldn't say. If it goes on for years, yeah, tell him :) Hope this helps.

• AJ - Izzy

why is it so haaaaaard sometimes... it's beyond my understanding. I felt this in my core, and as well is written beautifully. I would offer advice, but I'm only a little terrible at encounters with a crush, the mushiness, all this gAh stuff XD
    hang in there though... have a fanciful day :)

• sci-Fi

yeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

same.

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

Re: Amazing! And this poem is too cute ah

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

I love this. It is truly very relatable. Mushy is good sometimes. I am in love with your writing. I need more ahhhh. I would love for us to be friends on here.

Awwww metaphors in sweet poems with honest endings? I'm here for it! And I DIED laughing at your footnotes--so relatable.