Cosmogyral

i never wanted aottsisfts to be romantic

The last under this title. Come back tomorrow for the final.

an ode to the stars i stole from the sky, my last.

23
FOOTNOTES!!!!!

LXXXVI. there are billions of stars that roam this universe,
yet not a single one belongs to me.

-tomorrow.
 there is no  poem that can bring finality to what i feel, but there is only one that can bring an end to this five-month journey of turmoil, misery, enlightenment, and something desolate. my metaphor for the stars has yet to be realized. please just wait until tomorrow.
and thank you, caleb.

but for now, what did you see?

• Zinniav

Re: Hmm interesting point. I think that brightness is the longing, the desperation, because it's insubstantial. But it's also the longing that makes us beautiful in a way. Have you read "The Book of Longings"? It's exquisite piece of historical fiction set that explores some of these ideas.

I was about to post it, but then I realized it bluntly references suicide so it's not allowed. I'll try to think of some other prose pieces I have written that I can post.

• Rose A

I'm so sad to see this end, but I can't wait to see what else you published. This whole collection has been beautiful, emotional, heartfelt, and altogether wonderful. You are such a brilliant writer.

As for what I imagined while reading, the little imaginary person that I always picture for your poems is once again sitting on the edge of her boat. But instead of looking to the sky, they look to the water that reflects it. Then they dive in.

• its.joyanna

oouuu okayyy period. this was a beautiful ending, and touched my heart

Wow. what. an. ending!!!!! Each one of these was so carefully crafted to show emotion, pain, and beauty, all in their own way. I loved all of these, and I can't wait to see what comes next. absolutely gorgeous. ugh. -F'Otter

• JonesyL123

I'm gonna miss these excellent poems. Well done!

• JonesyL123

• Dmoral

re:
    we-as readers-definitely hurt, so you mastered that.
    and i think i was entirely too wrapped up in figuring out my own feelings regarding the piece i never attempted to dive deeper beyond the metaphor itself. which, shame on me because normally i try so hard to. but i think between college classes and work that i've been lacking on my analytical skills. nevertheless, that makes so much sense that i almost wish i had figured it out myself. and to quote you, "I wanted was to bring to life the notion that the mind was a space is impossibilities but humans are too absorbed in themselves to even think of their true selves" and i absolutely bloody adore that there's no better way to phrase it. because i felt every up and down in the pieces i've read, damn, some of them even inspired pieces of my own. and honestly? i use to write of celestial themes but ever since i started committed to your writing, i haven't been able to properly produce such a theme because you've already done it so well. and there's a power to weakness as well, but even so, i don't want you to have felt weak. because weak is given such negative ideas. instead, think, raw or exposed, because at points i'm sure you were. but by presenting yourself, you made the readers look inside themself and honestly there's not much one could ask for as a writer. also, supporting you will forever be one of my favorite things as a writer :) and i couldn't love your writing as much as i do if i didn't love the writer too <3

• Dmoral

okay if that title wasn't a foreshadow enough nor the impending end of the poem itself, the footnotes still had you hurting. already there's a yearning for the rest of the poems that'll never come nor never be, it's complete even if the feelings never will be. i love the new introduction of "tomorrow"s you've been adding and how you hint at a future, a maybe, a slight predictability--but now, knowing this is the end, it's almost taunting, almost, unsettling.....and yet you did this all so wonderfully. all the emotion and simplicity and short yet so so so powerful. i love everything about it. even though i've definitely missed poems from this collection, i still love it nonetheless and will definitely come back to all of them at some point.

and honestly? part of me wants to use your whole collection as wall art for from room redecorating, add it to the vintage postcards and celestial theme/feel.

and in reflection, i remember trying that challenge of doing a collection like this and i liked it. and your ending of this one makes me want to try it again, but it definitely wouldn't be as good. <3

i hope you do another collection, if not, i understand that too. regardless, i love all you've presented us to read and look forward to more. however, if your journey does end here, well love, i wish you the best of luck

• Zinniav

Re: Thank you:) I am not exactly sure what you mean by wanting to hear my work in prose. But I do have a longer prose-poetry-story piece I have been thinking about posting, if you want to read it?

• Zinniav

Wow. brilliant way to end. I feel myself pulled into billion pieces. thank you for this series. I am going to miss these poems so much.

• AJ - Izzy

tugged at my heartstrings once more, with your beautiful words. This reminds me of younger times, little me constantly trying to find figures in the sky that I could call my own. Thank you thank you for your gorgeous writing, and a stunning end to the series <3 <3

• bunnybeige

I don't quite understand what the footnotes are saying; are you done writing this particular series, or are you leaving WtW.
    I just want to let you know that I think you are dazzlingly talented, and I hope day after day after day brings you newfound inspiration so that you can bless us with your awe-inspiring work!
    <3

oh wow... to me, for some reason, this prompted a memory of my sister and i blowing dandelions and trying to catch the seeds. i absolutely love this series and all of your writing! amazing job :) looking forward to tomorrow, and all of the tommorows to come!
    <3

• Rohan’s Defender

Oh! Wow, chilling and so vivid!!! Wow...