Rohan’s Defender

15

*joined in July 2020*

~trying to be myself in this big world~

Life is Dynamite!

I really hope this is all correct!

How is everyone?
God bless each and every one of you! I’m here for you!

Sanctuary (A Song) *Footnotes Please*

10
jebal uljima nae son-eul jab-a i sungan-eun gijeog i sungan-eun gijeog dangsin-i naleul chaj-ass gi ttaemun-e

I don’t think you even realize 
dangsin-i eoduun bam-e naui baeg-ilmong-ilaneun geol 
you built me up
and lit up the stars before my eyes

deo manh-eul geolagoneun saeng-gagdo moshaess-eoyo yuchihan hwansang isang hajiman neon naleul dowajugo boyeo jwoss-eo naega jinjeong-eulo doel su-issneun geos geuligo nega misoleul ttieoss-eul ttae
they told me to forget you
dangsin-eun eotteohge nugungaleul ij-eul su issseubnikka
someone who shines 
bada-e dalbichcheoleom?

naneun dangsin-i algileul balabnida i sungan-i bichnanda go achim iseulcheoleom mal-ii neukkim-e maj-ji anh-a ani, mal-eun neukkim-e maj-ji anh-a
I hope that I can show you who you are
I hope I can be your North Star 

naega eolmana singyeong sseuneunji al-a bangmyeon hae naega yeogi issgi ttaemun-e naega yeogi issgi ttaemun-e neoui nunmul-eul jiwo julge honja il pil-yoneun eobs-seubnida gil-eul boyeojugo sip-eo gil-eul boyeo deulijyo
you are safe here 

I’ll chase away your heartache
And I’ll dance with you through the night

ulineun sigyeleul musihal geos-ibnida
and our feet won’t stop until
naneun dangsin-i dangsin-ui jangsoleul chajdolog dowajubnida
no
uli bal-eun meomchuji anh-eul geos-ibnida naneun dangsin-i dangsin-ui jangsoleul chajneun geos-eul doul geos-ibnida
neoneun deungdae ya
for my sight
neoneun laenteon-iya
in the night
you might feel weak
dangsin-eun neom-eojigo neom-eo jil su issseubnida hajiman dangsin-eun alaelo yujidoeji anhseubnida
I’ll keep you here
dulyeowo hal iyuga eobsda
I’ve got you now

I hope that I can show you who you are
I hope I can be your North Star 

you are safe here 

you are safe here
this is a sanctuary 
you are safe here
this is our sanctuary

nun-eul gam euseyo geunyang ma-eum sog-e geulyeo bwa
the depth of the ocean
geuligo haneul-ui nop-i keuliseutal gip-iga nolaehago issseubnida
guleum-i
are drifting by
dangsin-ui dulyeoum-i dangsin-eul butjab ge duji masibsio neoneun jigeumkkaji gal geos-ida naega dangsin-eul eunsaeg nalgaelamyeon han ssang-eulo mandeul-eossdamyeon dangsin-eun geudeul-eul deligo nal-agal geos-ibnikka?

I hope that I can show you who you are
I hope I can be your North Star 

you are safe here

naneun neoege gil-eul boyeojugo sipda naneun neoege gil-eul boyeojugo sipda
let me show you the way
dangsin-eun yeogiseo anjeonhabnida
you are safe here
safe here

HI, EVERYONE! I DID IT! I wrote a K-Pop song!
Okay, to back up, I’ve been writing and struggling with this for several days. As it turns out, writings songs is significantly more challenging for me than writing poetry. But, I finally got it to come together! I translated my version into mostly Korean to be a proper K-Pop song, which took me a looong time... *note: I do not actually speak Korean, so I really hope this is correct! If any of you speak/read it, could you please let me know? I used Google Translate. Thanks! I imagine this to the tune of Magic Shop by BTS, with the rapping and chorus and so on. I hope you like it, I’m copying the English version underneath here! Jesus loves you all, and He is looking out for you! Have an awesome day!

(English)

Please don't cry
Hold my hand
This moment is a miracle
This moment is a miracle
Because you found me

I don’t think you even realize
That you are my daydream
On a dark night
You built me ​​up
And lit up the stars
Before my eyes
I never thought
There would be more
More than childish fantasies
But you helped me
And showed me
What I can truly be
And when you smile
It lights a fire inside of me
They told me to forget you
But how can you forget someone
Who shines like moonlight
On the sea?

I hope you know
That this moment shines
Like the morning dew
The words don't fit this feeling
No, the words don't fit the feeling
I hope that I can show you
Who you are
I want to be your North Star
I want you to know
How much I care
Because I am here
Because I am here
I will erase your tears

You don't have to be alone
I want to show you the way
Let me show you the way
You are safe here

I’ll chase away your heartache
And I’ll dance with you
Through the night
We will ignore the clock
And our feet won’t stop until
I help you find your place
No
Our feet won't stop
I will help you find
Your place
You are a lighthouse
For my sight
You are a lantern
In the night
You might feel weak
You can fall and fall
But you won't be kept down
I’ll keep you here
No reason to be afraid
I’ve got you now

I hope you know
That this moment shines
Like the morning dew
The words don't fit this feeling
No, the words don't fit the feeling
I hope that I can show you
Who you are
I want to be your North Star
I want you to know
How much I care
Because I am here
Because I am here
I will erase your tears

You don't have to be alone
I want to show you the way
Let me show you the way
You are safe here

You are safe here
This is a sanctuary
You are safe here
This is our sanctuary
sanctuary

Close your eyes
Just draw in your mind
The depth of the ocean
And the height
Of the sky
Crystal depth is singing
Clouds
Are drifting by
Don't let your fears
Hold you
You will go so far
If I made you a pair
Of silver wings
Will you take them
And fly away?

I hope you know
That this moment shines
Like the morning dew
The words don't fit this feeling
No, the words don't fit the feeling
I hope that I can show you
Who you are
I want to be your North Star
I want you to know
How much I care Because I am here
Because I am here
I will erase your tears

You don't have to be alone
I want to show you the way
Let me show you the way
You are safe here
I want to show you the way
I want to show you the way
Let me show you the way
You are safe here
You are safe here
Safe here

(Here is the Korean lettering version)

제발 울지마                       
내 손을 잡아
이 순간은 기적
이 순간은 기적
당신이 나를 찾았 기 때문에

I don’t think you even realize 
당신이 어두운 밤에 나의 백일몽이라는 걸
You built me up 
And lit up the stars before my eyes
더 많을 거라고는 생각도 못했어요
유치한 환상 이상
하지만 넌 나를 도와주고 보여 줬어
내가 진정으로 될 수있는 것
그리고 네가 미소를 띠었을 때
it lights a fire inside of me
They told me to forget you
하지만 어떻게 누군가를 잊을 수 있습니까?
who shines like moonlight on the sea?

나는 당신이 알기를 바랍니다
이 순간이 빛난다 고
아침 이슬처럼
말이이 느낌에 맞지 않아
아니, 말은 느낌에 맞지 않아
I hope that I can show you who you are
I want to be your North Star 
내가 얼마나 신경 쓰는지 알아줬으면 해
내가 여기 있기 때문에
내가 여기 있기 때문에
너의 눈물을 지워 줄게
혼자 일 필요는 없습니다
길을 보여주고 싶어
길을 보여 드리죠
you are safe here 

I’ll chase away your heartache
우리는 시계를 무시할 것입니다
And our feet won’t stop until 
나는 당신이 당신의 장소를 찾도록 도와줍니다
No
우리 발은 멈추지 않을 것입니다
나는 당신이 당신의 장소를 찾는 것을 도울 것입니다
너는 등대 야
for my sight
너는 랜턴이야
In the night
You might feel weak
당신은 넘어지고 넘어 질 수 있습니다
하지만 당신은 아래로 유지되지 않습니다
I’ll keep you here
두려워 할 이유가 없다
I’ve got you now

나는 당신이 알기를 바랍니다
이 순간이 빛난다 고
아침 이슬처럼
말이이 느낌에 맞지 않아
아니, 말은 느낌에 맞지 않아
I hope that I can show you who you are
I want to be your North Star 
내가 얼마나 신경 쓰는지 알아줬으면 해
내가 여기 있기 때문에
내가 여기 있기 때문에
너의 눈물을 지워 줄게
혼자 일 필요는 없습니다
길을 보여주고 싶어
길을 보여 드리죠
you are safe here 

you are safe here
this is a sanctuary 
you are safe here
this is our sanctuary 
sanctuary 

눈을 감 으세요
그냥 마음 속에 그려 봐
the depth of the ocean
그리고 하늘의 높이
크리스탈 깊이가 노래하고 있습니다
구름이
are drifting by
당신의 두려움이 당신을 붙잡 게 두지 마십시오
너는 지금까지 갈 것이다
내가 당신을 은색 날개라면 한 쌍으로 만들었다면
당신은 그들을 데리고 날아갈 것입니까?

나는 당신이 알기를 바랍니다
이 순간이 빛난다 고
아침 이슬처럼
말이이 느낌에 맞지 않아
아니, 말은 느낌에 맞지 않아
I hope that I can show you who you are
I want to be your North Star 
내가 얼마나 신경 쓰는지 알아줬으면 해
내가 여기 있기 때문에
내가 여기 있기 때문에
너의 눈물을 지워 줄게
혼자 일 필요는 없습니다
길을 보여주고 싶어
길을 보여 드리죠
you are safe here 

나는 너에게 길을 보여주고 싶다
나는 너에게 길을 보여주고 싶다
Let me show you the way
당신은 여기서 안전합니다
You are safe here
safe here

• kealoha

re: good to hear!

• doodleninja

re: they're all really lovable in their own way ;)

• kealoha

re: np! I'm doing good, really busy lately so kinda tired lol. how are you?

• Shay

Re: You're welcome. And yeah, I am an Army. I started listening to them at the beginning of last year and that made 2020 a little better for me. Who's your bias? Mine's Yoongi.
    On a different note, seriously teach me the ways of songwriting. You are so good.

• Shay

Oh my God! How are you so talented? This is great. You wrote a whole song and then translated it to Korean. You are my new favorite person. Also, are you an Army?

• mindfruit

I hope I didn't forget anything - please let me know if I did!

• mindfruit

oh, and last thing, I just wanted to a little januarygifting myself...

I just want to start off by saying thank you for everything - your support, your kindness, your understanding, your seemingly endless source of enthusiasm and positivity, everything. I'm always in awe of your ability to connect with and make such an amazing impact on the lives of so many people on this site, including me. You're such a cool person, and your comments always brighten up my days :) When I joined wtw, I didn't think I'd find any people I would actually consider friends, not to mention best friends. But here I am now, and I'm really grateful and glad for the friendship and conversations we have. Thank you so, so, so, much for being you :) oh, and on a side note, I've always been curious to ask, but is your Peeta the book one or the movie one? lol I know random question. Anyways, see you!

• mindfruit

Wow, this is really something Eden....it's one thing to write poetry but to write an entire song? in Korean? I was absolutely blown away. The lyrics are so beautiful..."I’ll chase away your heartache/And I’ll dance with you/Through the night," "I hope that I can show you/Who you are/I want to be your North Star" and that ending too :D I could definitely hear this being sung to the tune of Magic Shop.
    Re: so first, I just wanted to tell you that I'm going on hiatus. nothing happened, just emotionally and mentally I'm exhausted. I really enjoy WtW and writing and talking to all of the writers on this site, but I feel like I need some time off. but before I left, I wanted to make sure I could reply to all of your comments :) I don't think I'll be gone for very long (I'm thinking two to four weeks), but still, just wanted to give you a heads up. okay so here we go....
    Thanks for asking! My favorite BTS member is j-hope. I really admire/relate to his energy, optimism, yet dedication to his craft. He lives in a carefree, positive way. Plus, he's a rapper, and he's an extremely good dancer. Suga I think is my second favorite. Who's yours?
    And yeah, heh, not a lot of people ask me about bts. They're either not interested or tired of me barraging them with bts (F'Otter fits into that category). I think you're right, BTS does stand for Beyond the Scene. I've just always known them as bangtan lol.
    Thank you so much for the #januarygifting and 150 followers message - they mean more than you know to me :) I'm honored that you think of me in such a way....I don't know what else to say except you're welcome and thank you so very much. and yes, my pfp was the Millennium Falcon! (speaking of pfps, I like your new one! any particular reason why you chose it? just curious). oh, and don't worry about the KOTLC reference. I love book references muahaha. being telepaths would be pretty cool :)
    (from the pomegranate comment) heh lol, I bet together our comments would make up an entire book series XD Tho I think this is the longest one yet - WtW, do I get a badge for that? lol
    Tell Zion that I did put the thing in the jar back where it came from, and don't worry, no innocent kids were harmed in the process. oh, and Zion, you're practicing for a musical? very cool indeed :)
    That's a pretty good mindset for the community ambassadorship! And I agree, either way I think you'll continue to make a very positive impact on WtW. 6 months, wow, that's crazy that we've both been on here for that long. time seems to past so quickly
    Oh, ok. Good point about Sophie being awkward around Dex and Keefe...now that I think about it, she's kinda awkward around everyone. hmmmm. anyhow, which book are you on now? and how are you enjoying the series?
    Cool! yeah, I'll think you might enjoy the stormlight archives :)
    You're welcome! take all the time you need for working out the summer camp details.
    Thanks for understanding! and you're very welcome :) I enjoy talking to you about...well basically everything lol. color coding would be awesome, and thank you for putting it all in one comment, it definitely made responding easier. and that's so cool that it's snowing! btw, what is this snow you talk about? I've never heard of it XD

• doodleninja

re: they're all such beautiful people, it's hard to choose I know XD but I really fell in love with V's personality, how he can go from being silly to sweet to quiet. it really helps if you watch videos of them in normal everyday settings; there are tons of compilations on YouTube of the seven just hanging out. that's where you can really get to know them :)

• doodleninja

um, first of all, this is so heckin cool that you did this! who cares if google translate is correct, just the idea of writing a Kpop song is amazing!
    and second, replying: so glad you liked them! "Life Goes On" is such a cathartic song, especially these days.
    And yes, my bias is V, although Jungkook is a close second XD how bout you?

Re: <3

• books4life

re: thank you so much!!!!!!!! :)

Re: Thanks! Yeah I wanted to keep the same beginning as the first piece to help link them together.
    You're welcome! Are you suuure you're not just being humble? Right that makes sense about wanting it to be in Korean. I don't listen to much K-Pop so I haven't heard that before. So you're saying your lyrics go to that melody?

• kealoha

wow, this is so awesome! great job!

Ooh this is so cool!! Do you think you'd be allowed to post a video of you singing it in YouTube? Because I would watch that in a heartbeat.

• Nikki

Re: OMG! OMG! OMG! thank you so so so much for your beautiful review. It made me smile so big, i almost cried. you were so sweet and patient! i took everything you said and have written my draft 2. lets hope this can be the final piece, fingers crossed. anyways, thank you for the feedback. it was incredibly helpful. :)

Amazing job!!! I can def tell you spent a lot of time on this.

alsoo...I know you will be excited to hear...Chapter 26 of Traitors and Rebels is out!!

• books4life

this is so cool! :) btw chapter 14 is out!