Writing4Life

#BLM
Welcome to my profile!
I'm Ruth :D
15

Christian ✞
Homeschooled
ENFP-T
Actor
Equestrian
Singer
Pianist
Musicals ♡
Learning le Français ~u~
Want a review? Just ask!
Just your friendly neighbourhood writer..

Dw guys, I'm feeling a lot better now. Crying whilst listening to sad music, then having a cuddle with your dog on your bed it surprisingly soothing....Anyways, I'd like to thank my REAL friends! Especially the one who told me about all this; you're a real one ;)

Not Good Enough (footnotes)

9
I guess I wasn't enough for you,
And never will be.

But you never took the time to guess what I'd gone through,
And trust me, it isn't easy.

When I first met you, I thought we could be friends,
But now I'm left crying.

And I wish this didn't have to end,
But you've been lying.

Lying to my face,
Laughing behind my back.

I know I'm out of place,
And sometimes I lack tact.

But I am who I am,
And I can't change.

And I didn't realize you were a scam,
So these feelings are pretty strange.

I've had bad friends before,
It's not new to me.

I've sat crying on my bedroom floor,
Because, once again, I'm an "I" not "we".

So, next time, think before you say,
And consider before you hurt.

Try to make - not ruin - someone's day,
And try not to treat a diamond like dirt.

So I just found out today that three girls I considered my friends were actually trash-talking me behind my back...I've been "friends" with these girls since January; they're a part of my drama class. Please know I'm not publishing this for pity. I'm a writer; I write to express my feelings, and I'm hoping if any of you have gone through something similar, that maybe this will help. Remember, just because someone said something mean about you doesn't mean it's true. You're special, you're unique and you're a diamond. Don't let anyone treat you like dirt. Love you all <3

• August 1, 2021 - 12:28am (Now Viewing)

• River Rae

Re: Thanks.

• River Rae

Yeah I mean not that exact scenario but (in first/second grade...) a girl I was friends with stopped hanging out with me. Now she refuses to acknowledge me. Same with one in 6th grade who I'd been friends with for 2 years. I guess neither of them really treated me badly when we were friends but they started ignoring me after so... I kinda get where this came from.

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Aw, I wish I could hug you thru the screen, and I love your footnotes :) This did make me mad tho that someone treated a true diamond (you) like this!

• A. Penderwick

Re: It might have taken time, but it's a great mindset to have.
    Always :)

Re: You're welcome hehe. <3 (And thank you *hug*)

• barelybear

Ahhh man I felt this!! Usually I pick a favourite line from the piece, but I’ve gotta say I think the footnotes were amazing!! I love that you’ve turned a negative experience into art, and you’re using it to encourage everyone else to embrace their worth <3
    Anyways, joke’s gonna be on them when you’re a famous actress with a bestselling novel *inserts sassy queen clicks*

AND WHAT OMG 400 PIECES RUTH CONGRATS!!

Re: YESSS HAPPY (late) FRIENDSHIP DAY!! YOU’RE THE BEST ONLINE BESTIE A GAL COULD WISH FOR :D :D

I literally *diedd* when I saw you up there!! What a great character choice too!

Ah yes, why do there have to be all these variations? Can’t we all speak like King George? Actually, to be fair, I bet he would say something like “krush-hunt” to annoy Lafayette ahhah

Pfft maybe they just taste funny when they grow upside down :P
    DEFINITELY CORIANDER (*realises that’s what the mysterious cilantro is lmao*)
    Ooh another one:
    Do you say oREgano or oreGAHno (obviously the latter, dahhling)

Ahh this food talk is making my mouth water like crazy (Ik, for VEGETABLES!? Dw, I don’t have a fever or anything and I think I’m still sane.) I have to crack on and make it before next Friday (that’s homemade pizza night at ours, so it would be the perfect time for a pesto test drive!)

LOLLL YES IT DOES HEHE
    *blows nose a little undaunitly*
    *laughs awkwardly, but gets caught in your eyes*
    *oh look at those eyeeees*
    *there’s a little daisy growing on that little patch of grass next to the pavement*
    *picks it and offers it to Adams*
    UwU this is massively adorable!

• A. Penderwick

You know what I love about this poem? It's not you wishing that you could come back to these toxic friends, or feeling super put down by them, because you know you're a diamond, you know they treated you horribly, and you know you didn't deserve that. I love that so much, and I totally agree with Anne Blackwood and SunV.
    Aside form the fact that this is beautiful and wildly inspirational, I just love the writing. The rhyme scheme is perfect, and adds to the poem, instead of making it seem like a third grader wrote it. The italics somehow make the tone even more clear and full, which is amazing.
    The whole piece is all around amazing, and you are amazing, and this comment is too long, so I'm gonna stop it here.

Okay you might not be looking for pity but I'm still pissed XD this is well-put tho

Ruth, you are enough!! Those girls missed out on an amazing person, and this means we have to share you with less people (i'm quite selfish lol)
    We're always here if you want to talk, and we all love you!!!

Also the format of this poem is so good i am so in love with it too