writing_is_art (Ayushi)

II portraitist II dancer II writer II

/I flow the way water flows
At the end there might be something
worth finding/

-People, Agust D

Peer Reviews

One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus Review

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2021

unknown

Cinder - by Marisa Meyer

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2021

unknown

Ever Present

PROMPT: The Unseen

unknown

Murderous Muse

unknown

Rome

This was such an unusual piece, it definitely caught my eye! I loved it and would love to hear more!! However, verse four "The Romanovs sewed gems into their underwear. And then, in their nightgowns, they were shot." doesn't quite sit right with me. it feels out of place in a poem that seems like it would fit better in a different piece. Still! This was lovely :D Keep Writing!!

2 months

lockdown love

unknown

Hammers

PROMPT: X-Rays

Keep Writing!! :D

about 1 year

Sticks and stones may break your bones

PROMPT: Human Connections Essay Competition 2019

unknown

With You

A poem that resonated within me and reached a different note in my heart! Well done :D Keep writing!

over 1 year

#ListenFirst

PROMPT: #ListenFirst

Great work :) Keep Writing!

almost 2 years

Strength

unknown

Pride and Prejudice

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

unknown

The Unlived Life

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

unknown

Lucy Maud Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables: My Review

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

Keep writing! I can’t wait to see how far you go :D

about 2 years

Unapologetic Honesty and Modern Femininity in "The Dud Avocado"

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

unknown

A Thousand Splendid Suns: Stunning and heartbreaking.

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

Keep Writing!

about 2 years

Passing Time

Well done! Keep Writing :)!

about 2 years

look forward to...

unknown

christmas isn't magic anymore

unknown

Then and Now #anhacontest

Wow! Out of all of the hundreds of pieces i have read so far on this website, this is one of my all-time favourites. You captured the very heart of childhood in this poem and the metaphors used paint great pictures in the minds eye. Well done and Keep writing!

over 2 years

love poem

PROMPT: Emotion without Feeling

Well done with this piece :) Constructive criticism: consider exploring your ideas some more. Maybe describe what else love sounds/smells/tastes/looks like or continue writing some more for the ideas you already have down. All the best and Keep writing! :)

over 2 years

Wall

PROMPT: Extraordinary in the Ordinary

Great job with this piece! As mentioned before, the metaphors are incredible! I encourage you to write more pieces like this as it is a really enchanting form of weaving words that you have. Constructive criticism: the flow in this piece was kind of choppy at times, consider weighing what types of metaphors compliment each other and what types could be different. Also consider making it clear what the topic (in this case fruit) of the poem is as orginally without reading the prompt I thought it was describing a beach or a natural site of some sort. Keep writing! I look forward to reading more of your work :)

over 2 years

Baby Steps

PROMPT: Good News

unknown

Future

PROMPT: Love in Words

Please keep writing more like this ! It just made my day :)

over 2 years

Excerpt?

Wow! I was not expecting to read a piece today but your writing is so compelling that I just had to find out how this short story would end. Great job with the tone of this piece and I think that delivering it form the POV of a kid-then-teenager was definitely smart. Overall, amazing work! Keep writing I definetely need to read more of your work :)

over 2 years

Why I Write

PROMPT: Why I Write

Great job with this piece! You have a great imagination and that definetely shines in your work! :) Next time, I would say work on the flow from one line to another as the current set up comes off rather haphazard. Keep writing!

over 2 years

oxygen & carbon dioxide

Great job with this sad and small little piece. Definitely darkened my mood (in the most positive way possible). Keep writing :)

over 2 years

A closer look

Great job :) Continue exploring your unique style of poetry as there is definitely a spark there!

over 2 years

this very moment's thoughts

PROMPT: You are here.

unknown

Feelings & Freedom

PROMPT: Why I Write

Well done with this piece! You essentially captured all of my emotions as a writer and put them into one page! As for constructive feedback I would suggest working on the flow from one sentence to another by either making the sentences longer or using commas instead of periods as that can make the piece seem choppy. Great job with this and best of luck on your future work. :)

over 2 years

They Say

PROMPT: “They Say”

WOW! This short piece hit me on a personal level /proud feminist/ and I am absolutely stunned that you were able to communicate so many emotions in under 100 words- well done!

over 2 years

A right to be human : A human's rights

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

over 2 years

The Last Day

PROMPT: On the Last Day of the World

unknown

Five Endings

PROMPT: Five Endings

Well done with this piece! Your clearly talented in writing and I think that you have done a great job. I think next time something improve on is variety in the story endings. Best of luck :)

over 2 years

High School Struggles

PROMPT: The Drabble

Great job on this! In the future try experimenting more with your writing and maybe even this prompt of the daily life of a student as you can clearly execute it well. Best of luck! :) P.S. also did not see that end coming- don’t we get enough cliffhangers reading Rick Riordan books?!?

over 2 years

A Day In The Life

PROMPT: Writing Synapses

unknown

How I'm changing, and the world is too

PROMPT: Personal Essay Competition: Making Change 2018

unknown

New Notebook: Draft

Amazing job on this piece! If this is your first time writing poetry I can’t wait to see where you go from here!

over 2 years

Learning to Let Go

PROMPT: Personal Narrative Competition 2018

unknown

Questions

unknown

1...2...3....

PROMPT: Subtotals

unknown