its.joyanna

✨iowa✨
scorpio
15
sleep>
whatever. i'll just date myself.
not living just surviving

CURRENTLY STREAMING : DRIVERS LICENSE

i think it's nice that voldemort always waits til the end of the school year to kill harry... despite his flaws voldemort really cares about harry's education.

six word memoir part one.

all the routes look the same

you broke me first

and suddenly your asking for it back...

maybe your phone had been off
the last three months
i guess now was a good time as any
to listen to the last voicemail and 
call me back.

but could you tell me where'd you get the nerve?

i was young, 
but i wasn't as stupid as you thought.
i was blonde too-
but i wasn't dumb.
maybe i was blinded by love but
your car headlights are all i remember

you could say you missed all that we had...

i was worth a million dollars then,
now i'm a dirty penny, six feet under the ground.
we used to watch movies on the big screen...
now the news won't stop saying my name.

but i don't really care how bad it hurts...

they're calling it an accident now.
the pain had numbed.
i didn't need you to turn your phone back on anymore.
i didn't wait up at night for
you ...

a harsh representative

“You act really white for a black girl,” Chris tells me, licking his lips.
“And you look like an ass with his cap on backwards,” I wanted to tell him. “Like some loser who would cry over spilt milk too.”
But attitude translated into disrespect, Momma told me, and disrespect meant no tips. Especially if I were to disrespect two fine, white gentlemen born and raised on the right side of town. 
I gritted my teeth, and mustered up a stiff smile, handing Chris the menu. “Let me know when y’all decided what you wanna eat.”
He took the menu out of my hand, a lazy smile on his lips. “Thanks girl. Say, I didn’t even catch your name.”
Yeah, and that’s cause I didn’t give it, the sole reason being Chris had gone to school with me since second grade when I moved to White People Ville. He knew Daddy owned the diner, and he knew I worked...

what happens to sinners : part eight

I was getting so close, and it was starting to get cold outside. Back at their house, it was warm, the grass was green, and I was fine, but now, twenty minutes away, back at the train station there was piles of snow on the ground. My shoes weren’t fit for this as I had previously experienced, so I stole a pair of winter boots, sitting in the garage. I had walked all the way here, and now my toes feel numb but I didn’t care. I needed to get on the train, and get out of here. Find my phone, see if it worked. If not, then the train station gift shop had to have one I could borrow. I would call my aunt, meet up with her, and get the hell away from this place. All that would be left was a distant, bad memory.
Now granted, there was the fact that I could never die again, but...

what happens to sinners : part seven

I wake up at four in the morning to the sound of a mower chugging across the lawn. Sneaking to the window, I pull back the dark blue curtains, which I recognize as Elijahs. 
The guy pushing the mower sports blue jeans, a baseball cap and is shirtless.
Annoyed, I lift the window, sticking my head out. “Hey! Dude! It’s only four!”
He doesn’t hear me, or doesn't care because he just keeps going on. That’s when I see the tiny white earbuds in his ears, his head bobbing slightly to the music.
Giving up on any chance of sleep, I stripped out of my clothes I was still in from last night's party. My makeup felt as if it had been clumped onto my eyes. I didn’t need the hall of cursed mirrors to know that I looked like a total mess. However, I didn’t remember crawling into Elijah's bed last night, so how was I here? Again? All...

wrapped with a bow : footnotes

obviously as this is the last day of the month, we should end with a bang... hehe... so here are some things i just wanted to remind us all of. 

january: whispers of WW3... kobe bryant and his daughter died in the tragic plane crash

february: impeachment trial of donald trump

march: covid-19 took a toll on the U.S and the stock market crashed

april: murder hornets started their business

may: death of african american george floyd, and the start of black lives matter protests

june: australian, and california wildfires

july: kanye west started running for president, and was endorsed by chance the rapper and elon musk

august: deracho storm in iowa that caused intense damage... also the death of chadwick boseman

september: ruth bader ginsburg's death, the second ever appointed woman to high court who fought relentlessly for gender equality

october: WAP was released and caused a variety of reactions from the public

november: joe biden wins the 46th...

what happens to sinners : part six

“Why was Elijah here tonight?” I ask. It’s been resting on the edge of my mind for a while. “Does he always come to the parties you guys go to?”
“He never comes. He was probably just checking in on you.”
Great. That’s just perfect. “I don’t need a personal babysitter.”
“To be honest Harper, you kind of do,” Corinna replies flatly. “An hour into the party and you already got into a fight with the one bitch who can get your ass completely kicked with one word to her daddy. I don’t know what you said to her, but we couldn’t leave you alone for one hour.”
“Oh so it’s my fault that Elijah brought me back to life with his own will, knowing fully well that it was illegal? That’s my fault? It’s my fault that nobody tells me shit around here, and it’s my fault that people attack me for reasons I don’t know? That’s my...

what happens to sinners : part five

“Are we just gonna leave them there?”
“They know the way. I’ll introduce you to everyone, don’t worry. But there are some things I should warn you about.”
“Warn me about?”
“Yeah like,” she laughs softly. “At mortal parties y’all drink beer. We don’t drink because it affects our immune systems. Instead we eat appotts which give the same thrill.”
“Appotts?” Damn, I really sounded like an echo.
“You may have seen them back at the house. They looked like bright shiny red apples? They have the equivalent to beer, and they make you do… um, crazy things. So just don’t eat too many. Also you're only a newborn immortal, meaning you still have the mortal flesh smell on your skin. People will notice.”
I sniffed my arm. It smelled like my Chanel Coco Noir that I bought myself on my fifteenth birthday. “Is it a bad smell?”
“It’s just not a natural scent. Our senses are so sharp that...

what happens to sinners : part four

“And that's why Elijah and Mike came to get you that day at the train station,” Britta explains, yanking a hair out my eyebrow. “We’ve all been waiting for this day.”
I flinch, rubbing my eyebrow. “We? Who do you mean?”
We all lurched forward as Rex slammed on her brakes, a couple inches away from the car in front of us. She curses, and taps her long pink acrylic nails against the steering wheel. “I hate driving with mortals. This is so stupid.”
“Rex, I offered to drive,” Corinna applies a shiny coat of red lipstick on her lips, smacking them together. “But you insisted.”
“Because it’s my car, stupid. And you can’t drive any better than me.”
It’s my car, stupid!” Corinna imitates. “Your calling everyone stupid again.”
“Shut up stupid,” Rex retorts, then slaps her hand across her mouth. “I am calling everyone stupid, aren’t I? I guess that's the word of the week.”
“Guys,...

what happens to sinners : part three

“Listen, you're going to be fine,” Elijah whispers. “This is okay. Perfectly normal in fact. See, I was waiting if bright lights would affect you because in the lab, you didn’t say anything. That's a big sign that the blood didn’t mix with your blood, and you’d be dead shortly after.”
“You're glad I’m not dead?” I whimper.
“Of course I’m not. I never said that,” he laughs. “But at least you're not dead. You should be grateful.”
“Since I’m in terrible pain,” I moaned. “Can you please explain what's happening? Like, slowly and detailed so I don’t have any more questions.”
“It’s really hard to explain. And technically I’ve majorly violated every law the council could think of by even bringing a mortal back to life.”
“So your… immortal?”
“Yes.”
“And you're able to bring anyone back to life?”
“It’s easier to bring other immortals back to life than it is to-”
“Like Mike for instance.”
“...Yeah, Mike but...

if i drop my address will you bring me a sweater?

y'all.
another one of my little rants.
except this one is lowkey good because has any of you seen the date?
today is december third, and if anybody has the slightest taste in music, you'll recognize that date from one of *CONAN GRAY's* hit song: heather.
which by the way is my most played song in 2020 so if you haven't heard it *go stream it now*
but anyways the opening line that goes like... 

"i still remember
the third of december...
you gave me your sweater, 
said it looked better on me
than it di you..."

and OH MY GOSH it just makes me so happy and sad, melancholy, nostalgia, depressed, hopeful, joyful, excited, mad, and all the feels ;)

but this is the point. if you made it to this sentence, i'm actually really proud of you.
so the date is the third of december and i have yet to get a sweater... so i'm wondering if i...

no discussion december

no discussion december... these are my hot takes.
it's a trending thing for me.
if you don't agree, you don't agree. don't stay on the page long enough to grow hate ;)

1. the world has more problems than boys kissing boys and girls kissing girls

2. telling a person of color that you don't see color... does absolutely nothing

3. santa is one of the creepiest guys i've heard of.

4. saying 'boys will be boys' gives them the opportunity to do anything with no consequence

5. by normalizing cancel culture, we've created a platform of hate and will do anything to put others on it

6. babies are in the womb for nine months so they should be nine months old when they're born...

7. if you say all lives matter, theres a chance you aren't talking about black lives at all. 

8. putting your friends down in public to hype yourself up = you don't even deserve friends....

what happens to sinners : part two

Did this dead man just… come to life? I blink, and face the Trench Coat Guy. “What the fuck just happened?”
“You don’t need to swear,” he scrunches his nose up. “This is Mike. Micheal Brighton.”
“Am I supposed to just wave, cause you just brought a dead guy back to life.”
“I’m telling you Harper, he wasn’t really dead.”
“Nobody can… survive a jump like that. And I was standing over him. He wasn’t breathing.”
“Guess looks can be deceiving, can’t they? Mike, naptime is over. This girl just witnessed everything that happened, and I’m not convinced she’s not gonna snitch.”
Mike is still clutching his head with one hand, but with the other, he assesses the blood all over him and the snow. “Ellery’s gonna have a harder time with this than anything.”
Trench Coat Guy shrugs. “Are you ready to go?”
“Wait, where are you going? How is this happening? Are you guys even… human?” I cry....

*be being annoyed for five minutes straight*

y'all. 
i'm sad.
nah, i'm mad.
very very very mad.
so they took down my piece.
the 100 reasons to stay alive one.
and i just wanted it to be encouragement.
for anyone who needed a reason, or a sign today.
but since i had written something about suicide and stuff...
so i'm just trying to comprehend what's happening to my writing.
cause people fighting to keep other people alive doesn't seem like a bad thing.
tell me, if one person benefited from that piece, why take it down for nobody else to read?
anyways i'm just ranting now and need to seriously shut up this instant.
but i thought i would inform y'll about it because i'm bored.
and taking things way to seriously like it's no biggie.
and worse things could be happening to others.
none of these sentences are proper at all.
now i'm just filling time and space.
but look i'm making a staircase.
with all...

Pandemic Memoir

2020

everything terrible suddenly became unpunishably ok.

no nuance november

these are just my hot takes... say what you want but it's all coming from my mind that doesn't know what to do about itself...
HERE WE GO:

1. i love red vines but honestly they kinda taste like wax...

2. beer is nasty and people who drink it on purpose are just pretending.

3. heath bars are good and all but it takes 24 hours to get them out of your teeth.

4. not supporting gay people doesn't make you more christian.

5. there are other sports than mens basketball and womens volleyball.

6. capitol letters suck. they don't change the sound or meaning of the word. they just... suck.

7. scorpios are hated because they'll always tell you the most brutal truth with a smile on their face.

8. homework is trash. the teacher should be able to teach the lesson in the alloted time slot they're given.

9. the saddest people are always smiling the brightest.

10....

what happens to sinners

Marilyn Monroe once said, “I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil.” What she got wrong was that sinning makes you the devil to someone. Obviously, it might be a simple lie, or a sneaky move, but how can we assure ourselves that small sin don’t add up? Surely the devil is keeping track, and surely he would claim every single one of us to be his partners in crime. What makes a sinner think they’re any better than the others because their sin isn’t punishable by, for instance, jail?

***

I stared out the window at the man who had jumped out of the train window and was lying on the snow, a bloody mess. There were sharp rocks covered by the deceiving white blanket that he had clearly landed on. 
Swallowing the bile rising in my throat, I collected my purse off the ground, grabbed the peanuts and stumbled my...

perfectly wicked souls

“Is he dead?”
Beckett leans down, touching his neck. Feeling for a pulse. Then stands, wipes her hands on the sides of her pants and nods solemnly once. “He’s dead.”
“Good.” I let out a raspy breath. “Good. That’s over with.”
“Whatever did he do to you anyway?” She asks, eyes wide as she looks down at him. “To make you want to kill him.”
Crouching down, I gently pressed his eyelids down. Now he looked like he was sleeping. I couldn’t see the look of shock and terror in his eyes anymore. “He ruined me.”
“And you wanted revenge?”
“He ruined my life,” I repeat, this time in more of a convincing voice. “It only made sense that I ruined his”
***
The first time I met Chad was at the beach. He and his soccer buddies were trying to rope me and my best friend Juliet Richardson to play volleyball with them. After we had said ‘no’enough...

#30WhyShouldWeChange?

They whispered they needed help. We looked in the opposite direction. They cried for rescue. We shrugged over our shoulders. They were screaming for our hand. For one lifesaver. And we shook our heads.
The trigger was pulled, and suddenly, our heads were turned. Now we wanted to help.
All that was left was our memories, and they were starting to blur. Maybe if we would have reached out. Maybe if we would have just talked to them. If only they hadn't sunk down so far. If you would have known. If only it wasn’t too late.
Every day, approximately 123 people take their own lives. 2 deaths every minute. 5 deaths every hour. 3,690 deaths a month. 44,985 deaths a year. That's only in America.
We don’t do anything until there's nothing left to do. We don’t water the grass until it’s already burnt. How are we supposed to help them, lying there in their grave? Why don’t we do something...

taken to the grave

“Cute costumes!” I smile at the little bunny with two specks of pink paint on her cheeks. “You guys can take two.”
They stick their tiny plump fingers into the pumpkin bucket and pull out two pieces of candy, smiling like they just acquired a jackpot. The kids skip down the stairs, and back to their parents car, getting in and driving away.
It's freezing out here and I’m shivering in my leggings and thin tank top. Checking the street for any extra stragglers, I close my front door and turn off the light, ducking back in the house.
“Charlie, I can’t believe you're still handing out candy to those kids! It’s already like eight. Technically, Halloween is over for trick or treaters.” Madi rolls her eyes, tossing the remote on the table.
“Come on, they were dressed as little bunnies. Who could turn them away?”
“Um, me? You have an addiction to little kids in cute costumes.”
“I’m sorry!”...

vibin, alone, and bored, and tired, and idek whats happening anymore

i'm scrambling to put one of my stories into a writing prompt to attract readers, and then realizing that i don't have any stories because i haven't written for like, a year. so, yeah. that's just great. were all vibin around here.
and... well... i don't have any inspiration, so for those of you who have inspiration, you should give me some bc i could really use it. and... yeah.
man, i think i hit my head on the concrete too hard this afternoon.
*me swaying around the room*
okay, don't worry, i'll try to come up with something actually important for you to read, not me just rambling about everything and nothing, but whatever.
have a good rest of your life!
:D 

suspected

There’s nothing quite like waking up to your regular cereal, your regular channels, and… your parents dead.
    Right. You heard me, dead
    And you know, theres nothing like waking up one day, realizing that you have to make up a test, and waking up the next day realizing that you are the main suspect to this murder, right?
    I push my rubbery eggs to the other side of my plate, and strain to hear what the police and detectives are saying in the other room.
    “...so irregular.” one of them whispers.
    “Unheard of. What could we do?” another replies.
    “Absolutely a disaster. This isn’t like any other case.” the last one adds in. 
    I lay on the floor, pressing my ear against the door. This is a method my grandma taught me, a visualization technique. You listen to the voices, and determine what each person looks like, their ages, their homestyle, and...

ending what there was

0- regrets, thoughts, feelings
1- one short text message
2- it's over; broken apart heart-halves
3- easy, quick spreading rumors
4- friends in disbelief
5- memories that are sinking in
6- dates crossed off the calendar
7- other guys waiting in line
8- reasons to run back to him
9- times he's hurt me...
and it's over

high high hopes, then low low hopes.

when you haven't been on WtW for months. then you come back you know, cause that's just fun. you see the little bouncing red notification thing-y and it has a high number, like twelve. you've never gotten that many notifications at one time like this, so you immediately click on. so many people must have been reading what you wrote!
you scroll through, and find no comments, see only a bunch of new announcements from WtW.
a disappointment floods through you.
basically my life.

tomorrow won't come

tomorrow won't come
today is always yesterday
following the same pattern
over and over day after day

stuck in the darkness
being pushed back
farther and farther
into our own misery, and pain

tomorrow won't come
living life on repeat
time is forever fading away
life lost, feelings lost

overcome with fear
unsure what's real
everything in my head 
from the past, way back then

tomorrow won't come
tomorrow just won't come
not ever.

Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Kiss of Death

I didn’t mean to kill him.
I swear, I didn’t.
Jonathon is lying on the floor, two bite marks on his neck. Bite marks from my teeth. He’s definitely dead, and it’s my fault.
My freaking, vampire fault.
I feel like dying myself.
Now, I was in more trouble than I’d ever been. Someone was dead. This was serious.
Trying not to psych myself out, I look at the clock. Two in the morning. That must be a record for a death like this. It doesn’t matter though.
Jonathon is dead, and it’s because he dated me. A vampire.

Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Kiss of Death

I didn’t mean to kill him.
I swear, I didn’t.
My freaking, vampire fault.
I feel like dying myself.

observations from my life: comebacks that make no sense

There's a lot of people that really think they are cool, because they can think of a comeback really fast. Um… if any of their comebacks sound like these, then… well… they can think again.

Comebacks that make no sense:

“Wow, we’ve been doing this for a long time. This is boring.”
    Comeback: “Your boring.”
    Um… okay?

“Who do I talk to? Wait, who are you?”
    Comeback: “Your mom.”
    Please. I just don’t understand that. What does a mom have anything to do with this?

“What did you get on the math test?”
    “A, what about you?”
    “A plus.”
    Comeback: “Oh, well no one asked.”      *insert… who asked?*
    You asked obviously!

“And that’s why I’m right, and your wrong.”
    “Oh, whatever.”
    Saying whatever like that means you obviously care, so just… stop.

i don't know, i'm sort of like the...

when you've been so lazy that you forget to post ANYTHING on WtW and then wonder why you have no notifications?

i'm pretty sure the title is self explanatory. i've been to lazy to log on WtW, then get on it four days later. i wonder why i don't have notifications?
i'm sorry to all my friends, this is definitely not my day.
:D:D

What do you think about...

why are you answering these questions?
What do you think about cussing?
what do you think about saying oh my gosh?
what do you think about wearing crop tops?
what do you think about nose, and belly rings?
what do you do when someone gets bullied?
where are you when your family is fighting?
what do you do with your boyfriend/girlfriend when nobody is watching?
are you a Christ follower... and if not do you ever consider being one?
how do you treat your siblings?
who are your best friends?
what type of movies do you watch?
when do you go to sleep usually?
what are some of your special talents?
how long do you stay mad at people?
what three words would your friends give to describe you?
how often do you "pray" or say your praying?
when i say "best friends", how many people pop to your mind?
was this too personal?
how did you like this?

idek

bad.
bad.
bad.
bad.
bad.

when you say something for a while, it starts to sound wierd. 

bad.
bad.
bad.

i don't even know.
i was just bored.

bored.
bored.
bored.
bored.
bored.

Me, who am I?

Me
Who am I?
A far-from-perfect guy

A bum who wants to do what's right
But often does what's wrong
A kid who's voice is way off key
But loves to sing a song

A guy who dreams like a lion
But wakes up like a lamb
Me, who am I?
But the guy
I am
That's
Who'm
I!

His Royal Highness
Christopher Rupert
Slayer of dragons
Pitiless to ogres
Destroyer of griffins and giants
No friend to gargoyles

Nice to the needy
Sportsman and poet
A guy who dreams like lion
But wakes up like a lamb
Me
Who am I
But the guy I am

He's our hero!
Such perfection!
He's the kind of guy
Who we'd all like to be.

What's the use of
Self-reflection? 
Church bells will ring
When you are king
People will sing...
There is no one quite like...

Me
Who am I?
A far from perfect guy
A jerk who wants to do...

ending what there was

0- regrets, thoughts, feelings
1- one short text message
2- it's over; broken apart heart-halves
3- easy, quick spreading rumors
4- friends in disbelief
5- memories that are sinking in
6- dates crossed off the calender
7- other guys waiting in line
8- reasons to run back to him
9- times he's hurt me...
and it's over

#weirdo'sQ&A

1. i think i have cancer? no, of course not. um... how can you be so sure? should i talk to mom and dad? no, it's nothing. you aren't listening to me! argh!

2. a wasp being the best of friend of a human? idk, my ideas are pretty boooring

3. being sad just to get attention

4. accepting their features

5. idk!

6. emma watson

7.  don't watch memes... sorry!

8. shyness/introversyness... i know that's not a dictionary word, but it's officially a new word so...

9. the sound of music

10. i'll do this in the comments, because it seems like a lot of work, i love every WtW post

11. i can spell ANYTHING (not to brag or anything, but...)

12. sophia the first

13. my little sister

14. falling off a stool, and getting a cuncussion

15. yeah i think so. if it gets on my pants it's wet, so unless it magically is dry, and...

Celebrate...

Happy Easter to everyone... if you celebrate!
the weather is nice out, beautiful actually, the sun is bright, flowers are blooming, and the sun is out. it's a perfect time to worship Jesus for all that he has done for us.
i wouldn't be anywhere near where I am today if not for Jesus rising from the dead, and saving my sins like he did, and i'm eternally grateful.
even if you don't celebrate Easter, it's still a wonderful day. celebrate what the Lord has made, and pass this blessing off to the rest of the world!
:D

friends forever...

Keisha giggles, sneaking away from Caden to hug me. “Besties forever?”
“Of course.” I grab Belly, and pull her into the hug. “Besties forever.”
As we approach the bar, Jake makes a beeline for the “kissing booth” table. “This is my favorite spot in here.” he calls.
Immediately, Keisha starts nudging me in the side. I blush, but reluctantly follow suit, and sit next to him.
He orders, and buys us almost every ice cream sample on the menu. “What?” he shrugs when I look at him in shock. “We could be here a while.”
“This is the most fun I’ve ever had in my whole entire life, and you guys are my best friends.” I say. “There. I said it. You guys are my best friends.”
“You guys are my best and only friends.” Oliver laughs.
I laugh too. I’ve been laughing all afternoon which is more than I have laughed since last year. I guess new friends give...

:D

just try harder

you know, i've been thinking a lot about depression, and how people handle it. as many of you know, depression is a mental illness. 
so to all with the people who are meaning to help, that tell someone with depression to "just try harder. you can get over it. just try a little bit harder."
no.
can you not tell that they physically can't?
a illness.
the comparison is a heart attack. that's an illness as well.
are you going to go up to someone with a heart attack, and tell them to try harder?
that's pretty much useless. so... to be informed, someone cannot just "try harder" and wish depression away. if you are trying to be understanding, then you have to understand.
they physically can't try harder.

Another Excerpt from my story Friend Zoned

When I get down there, I see her. Bella.
She’s standing with her hands behind her back, staring at some old family picture. I sneak up behind her, and lean down to her ear. “BOO!”
“Aaack!” she screams, breathing hard. “You nearly gave me a heart attack!”
“Sorry, not sorry.” I laugh, pulling a piece of her hair. “Also, sorry I wasn’t down here earlier. My room is the farthest one coming down.”
“It was fine.” Bella twirls around to face me. “That give me time to look at these photos. Someone sure looks handsome in it.”
It’s an embarrassing photo, at the beach, when I was probably six. I have sand all over my legs, and my hair is matted down with a sun hat. I’m laughing, and pointing at something in the ocean. It reminds me of the days, back when Dad wasn’t such a football-a-holic, and Mom wasn’t a feely, touchy Mom, and we were a happy...

just life

when you wake up, and think it's saturday, but then you realize it's only wednesday, and you have to go to school today. 
my life 24/7
i guess that's just life.
darn.

History Alive

greek gods

all the greek gods
yeah the thought they were hot
they wanted to be worshipped
and if not... well RIP

there was Zeus with powers
and Danae who had showers
there was aphrodite with beauty
and it was their duty
to be loved and adored
not to cause wars

they had other things
that had to get done
but obviously,
they had a little fun

there was:
hermes, and hades
athena, hestia

poseidon who rode the waves
nike, we know today
and many, many other gods
but one thing to know? you should never prod

they can be harsh
or mean, and stuff
so beware the angry ones
unless your super tough

sticks and stones

Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can never hurt you…unless you believe them. Then, they can destroy you.” “I'd rather have names to hurt me, than my bones broken with sticks and stones.” “The power of words to deceive is a danger far exceeding any we might encounter from physical weapons.
thanks to google, i have a new(ish) definition of sticks and stones may break my bones, and i think it's great for anyone to believe this, because it will save you from thinking/believing things said to you that aren't true.

Self-Respect

Looks

i'll put this into full detail in two days, or so, but looks DON"T matter!

There once was this quote. It was like, don’t judge by costume, judge by character. I think it meant that you shouldn't judge someone based off of their looks. You should actually judge them off of what they act like, and their behavior. That’s actually what I feel like with some popular mean girls at school.
I mean… man they are pretty and liked, and all that, but in all honesty, the are kind of jerks to everyone else... even the people they call friends. I mean, when you really think about how mean they are, then their beauty sort of fades in my mind.
Now take the nerds for example. they are pretty as well, but not like the populars. they are pretty in their own way, and I get the feeling that not many people noticed their beauty. what's more is they are...

#2wackywords

macrosmatic
nudiustertian

Self-Respect

Looks

It is Caden, and he is carrying a bouquet of roses.
When he sees me, his forehead wrinkles up for a split second, and then it smooths out, and he smiles.
“Hey Belly. Hey Keisha, hi Summer. How is everything going?”
Summer gives him a million dollar smile. “You brought roses.”
Caden flushes as he set them down on the counter. “Yeah, my… uh… Mom got flowers, but… uh… she didn’t like them.” he nods, even though nobody is buying his story. “So I just thought I would bring them to you guys.”
Summer nods. “Yep, that is sooo believable.”
“What? I am a kind man.” Caden shrugs.
“Mmhmm.” Belly nods. “Sure you are. Just… can I ask you one question?” when he nods, she continues. “How did you know my favorite flowers were roses?”
He shrugs again. “Just a guess.”
“Well, it was a smart guess. I’m surprised you even have any of those.” her eyes flicker to me...

Phenomenal Woman

hey mom...

Look, I know that this isn't that creative, therefore, many people will do this woman, but i'm not trying to fit in here. when i first read the prompt, i thought: my mom.

no, not because she gives me hugs, and kisses, and smiles at me, and tells me i'm beautiful even when i look like a piece of crap. no, not because she tells me boys aren't worth it, and makes my favorite dinners, and takes me shopping.

no.

because she pushes me to be the best person i can be.

when i come home crying, because of some silly thing that happened at school, she rolls her eyes. says: are you telling me this for a reason, or because you want me to feel sorry for you?
often, i think she is unfair, and wish my mom was like all my friends moms. i've realized that if she was, i wouldn't be where i am today. she pushes...

Liking, and Following people 101

so... someone from WtW likes one of your recent pieces. you go, and look at their stuff, and see that they have one really good piece, so you like it, and follow them (or maybe you don't follow them, but i do, because i love following people, and getting new writing perspectives) but then you start looking at everything else they have written. they have some pieces that they published in 2017. if you like the piece, they might get weirded out, and will wonder what took you so long... i mean, it was two years ago. if you don't like the piece, then you'll be stuck regretting it, and only liking one of their artifacts. so... what would you do?????

Why Not Me

Why Not Me?    

Why not me
    to be
    starving and cold,
    why not me
    to be
    treated like trash?

Why not me
    to be
laughed at, and beaten,
    why not me
    to be
    sick from what I’ve eaten?

Why them
    Why them?
    What did they do?

Why them
    to die
of sickness, and
    why them
    to die
    of hunger?

Why them
    to die
    of frostbite, and
    why them
    to die
    of malnutrition?

Why not me?
    Why not me?
    What didn’t I do?

Why not me
    to feel
    at the mercy of Hitler,
    why not me
    to feel
    inclined to obey him?

Why not me
    to feel
    pounds of hatred beating on my back,
    why not me
    to feel ...

an excerpt from my new story friend zoned

I click on the text message from Caden, and read it. I have to read it twice, to see what it says, but then I read it a third time to be clear.
belly, if i couldn’t ask u in person, i’ll do it now. will you plz go 2 the back-to-school ball w/ me plz?
I take three deep breaths, and try not to drop my phone.
Caden Thatcher the King of the school just asked me out.
Just. Asked. Me. Out.
JUST ASKED ME OUT!
I drop my phone onto the floor, but then grab it again, and clutch onto it. I never imagined this happen to me.
Me.
Bella Butoni, the practical nobody in the school. The girl who pretty much just got dumped by her best friend two hours ago. The girl who cries in a janitor's closet. The girl who can’t even speak out for herself for crying out loud!
What made him think that ...

kindness counts

in a world where you can be anything, be kind.

f.r.i.e.n.d.s

good friends are hard to come by. they are like secrets. hard to get in the first place, but then hard to keep afterwards.

love

The bible says love never fails, so if it does fail... then it wasn't love.

Comment, Like, and Subscribe... to your self!

i know it seems kind of lame to like your own work... but why?
if others are allowed to post comments, and like the things you write, why can't you? after all, you did write it. shouldn't you like the things you publicly post?
shouldn't you be confident about them as well?
idk just maybe think about that, and like a piece of work you have done, and don't leave it all to your followers, or readers. you can be confident in your own work too!
:D

three words

if I had to say three words to describe my history, including my childhood, and my family, I would say...
regret.
remember.
rebound

be nice

Slaps in the face may hurt
but not as hard as your words
So just be nice.
hw hard could it be?

L.O.L

a real laugh.
out of ten, how many times a day do you really give a actual, true, laugh?
five, ten? none?
well, you probably are right if you said none.
hardly anyone laughs a lot to laugh at something funny.

many of us laugh because everyone else is, or they think they should laugh. it's like... expected of you. or you laugh to wade off craziness. or we laugh because something is dirty, and we want others to see that. we laugh because we think it's necessary.
we don't usually laugh at funny things.

so think, the next time you laugh, am i laughing because this is funny, or am i just laughing to laugh?

Constantly

they are constantly there
to support.
they like,
comment,
and follow
after every post.

it's like they were
meant to be on
WtW
the moment you
get on

you are never
alone.
twenty seconds
after i post
one person
ALWAYS
comments

and makes my notifications
which makes my heart
swell.
and i feel so
grateful for them.

if you know 
who
i'm talking about
thanks to that person
i have gotten to be a lot more 
brave
in my posts.

thanks to
all those
supporters

couldn't
do
it
without
you.

Causing Drama During Science

am i causing drama during science?

"yes" my science teacher would say. "you are a drama freak."

dissecting a cows heart
is not the
best thing for me.

i'm not vegetarian
but i
love cows .

they deserve
to
live like me.
like all of us.

i stood up on the chair
(maybe that was considered
"drama")

and i proclaimed
that i would not
touch
a
animals heart
that had been murdered for this experiment

"into the hallway"

just.
like.
that.

whatever happened to freedom
of 
speech?

we have another
dissection
on Monday

but i'll be 
"sick" 
that day.

and to that
cow...
i'm sorry,
but at least
i
tried.

My Week

Now that it is Friday, I have decided to show y'all how my week went.

Monday
Monday #2
Monday #3
Monday #4
Friday
Saturday
Pre- Monday

how was your week?

World's Best Comeback

so... if your cooler than me... does that mean I'm hotter than you?

Idk i'm just bored... and i'm thinking abut food so...

everyone knows the saying... when life gives you lemons... make lemonade, but how come nobody says when life gives you strawberries... make strawberry sauce?
and pineapple sauce?
and rootbeer?
how would you even say that though? when life gives you roots... you make rootbeer?

Fresh Fruit is NOT a Good Scent

why do guys always think that when a girl smells like strawberries, it's a good thing?
to be factually correct... The chemistry of taste and smell. ... The balance of sweetness and acidity is very important to the taste of a strawberry. As strawberries ripen, their sugar content rises from about 5% in unripe green fruit to 6–9% on ripening. At the same time, the acidity decreases, meaning ripe strawberries taste much sweeter.

so what do they smell?
sugar content versus unripe green fruit?
why do we smell like strawberries, and why is that a good thing??

i'd rather smell like roses.

Mirror, Mirror on the wall... who's the prettiest of us all?

competition.
drives us to do insane things.

beauty.
can be a dangerous weapon.

words.
can hurt the most.

actions.
don't compare to words.

hate.
comes in many sizes.

so... before you ask your magic mirror which of you is prettier, think about the outcome.
think that everyone is beautiful in their own way, and that you are just as pretty as all the other girl, and there is no reason to compare.
instead... think...

competition.
can help us work together.

beauty.
we all have it.

words.
can join us together.

actions.
show that you care.

hate.
is too strong of a word.

Sit still, look pretty

This is a random vent, and pretty much unnecessary but I am booored af during social studies so I thought I might talk about this one topic that has been getting on my nerves.
th big topic is why do designers think that making fake pockets for girl shorts is ok and it’s absolutely not fine for boys?
are girls less able to carry things on our pockets?
do we deserve to not hold things for our own?
is a guy supposed to carry my wallet, and money, and everything else’s because my pocket is fake?
are we expected to sit still and look pretty?

Love is like...

love is a crazy thing. It’s like… a great camera. Love is like a camera. You have to focus on the important stuff, and capture the good times, and develop from the negative. And if things don’t work out… you have to take another shot.
But it doesn't always seem like a camera.
Besides... if love was such a good camera, then why does it separate people? Love seems like a camera…  with a cracked lenses. You have it, because you don’t want to give it up, but really, you need to return it and get another one.
So why did you get the cracked camera in the first place? Because you were desperate for it, and that made you get it, blindly.
That's really what I think love is like.

Do it

You don’t have to pretend you can do it. Just do it.

Love in Words

#ilysm

Falling in love,
    For the first time.
    Before I guessed why
    I knew you were mine.      

Your hugs are warm,
    And always free.
    And when I need you…
    “BAM!” Your there for me.     

A hurricane came crashing
    Right through my heart.
    It was you that I wanted…
    A work of art.                 

First love will bloom
    Just like a rose.
    But where it will take us…
    Nobody knows                 

Although your weird
    in a adorable way
    I think your special
    so I wanted to say...

I was falling in love
    For the first time
    And now I am sure
    I want you to be
    Mine.                            

Reminder

Just wanted to remind y’all that my short question game thingy whatever sort of stuff is almost over and I will be answering all my questions on Thursday instead of Friday because I am really busy on Friday, and I prolly won’t get to be until three in the morning. If you want to ask any questions the number do so quickly because the game is up for three more days.
:D

HELP!

alright guys, i need help with a funym poem, about how love is strong. please hit me up with something... i rly need help!

What do you think about...

What do you think about cussing?
how do you treat your siblings?
wjonsre your best friends?

Be yourself

I’ve messed up rlly big and I think I should say something. Even if someone makes you mad you should still be a happy person. You are also amazing, and that’s why you shouldn’t let someone  change the type of person you are 

The Question Game

alright, not to be like the trend holder, or the person who follows all the trends, but for once i would lke to be a follower. so... as you know, the question game. ask me some questions, and i will answer every single one of them. i know your prolly bored of that, but i rlly want to know what you wonder about me as a person... and a writer!
if you ask three questions, just ask anything, no limits! i won't even care if you say something like what's my favorite color! so... please ask questions, and put them in the comments below. thanks!

Will you be my valentine?

"Um... no" he shakes his head, looking a little confused.
I feel tears stinging my eyes.
No?
"But I... I thought you liked me! You told me you loved me over text message… remember?”
This was not supposed to happen!
"I...uh... don't like you in that way. I just... think your fun. Like, as a friend, not in that intimate way."
My cheeks are burning.
He shrugs. “It was all just a misunderstanding right? Can we still be friends? I mean, I wasn’t lying, I think you're really cool. It just…” he stops talking. “I don’t really know what just happened.”
Me either!
I nod, forcing myself to look happy. “Of course. It’s all just a misunderstanding. I mean… what would make me think that a girl like me would wind up with a guy like you?”
He shakes his head, and opens his mouth to say something, then stops.
“So, are we cool? Can we still hang out...

Calling all poets!!!

i need to say something... because i am actually having a dilemma! we are writing love poems in english, and i can barely write, let alone, a poem that i have to give to a real person on valentines day!
if you have any poem ideas, or are a poet who can write a love poem, can you please leave a comment to help me!
thank you so so so much!

Do Not Disturb

You can’t stop
When your phone dings
Loudly,
And your co-workers look
Right at you
Wishing you were on
Do Not Disturb
At the Subway reading,
The Sunday Funnies,
Laughing louder than
Pleasant.
Strangers peer
Curiously at you,
Pleading for
Do Not Disturb
So what do you
Do
When your put on
Airplane mode?
How many people
In your life…
Need this poem?
Who has to be told
To be on
Do Not Disturb?

Open Prompt

Eight Strokes... part one

Ally
It all started at breakfast.
I’m not sure if I should have start with a once upon a time, but really, this story never started once upon a time. Sure, all families have there mishaps all through life, but this didn’t happen all through life.
It started as soon as we heard the news.
Honestly, it started the night before, when Josie texted me the news, but since mom and dad have a strict no-cell-phones-after-9 rule, they didn’t see it until this morning.
“Oh. My. GOODNESS!” Mom squeals. “She’s getting married! Jake! Come and look at this. Our baby is getting married.” she clutches her phone to her heart. “Josie is getting married. She is getting M-A-R-R married!”
“Hmm.” Dad peers over his newspaper. “I approve. When’s the date?”
“November 8th. That's next month!” Mom cheers, then goes faint. “That's next month.”
“Good for her, to get it over with fast.” Dad turns to look at me. “My wedding...

Attitude of Gratitude... [never mind, that's rlly cheesy!]

I'd like to make an announcement for everyone who follows me.
Thank you so so much. I don't want people to think that i'm just an ungrateful person, or even think it's all about the followers, because i am solely here to get my words heard (and write obviously) but the followers are definitely a big part of this. Honestly, I wouldn't have been able to do any of this without the support from my friends.
I am so lucky to have you guys as followers, and this is a big moment for me also, because knowing that someone else likes my writing helps me push forward as a writer.
If you are following me, or have given me a review, or left me a comment, or liked something I posted I would really like to tell you thank you. It means so much to me when I know that I will have people who are building me stronger every...

Bold/Hold on/Love????

When you have someone special
Don't ever let go
Because they might leave you...
You never know

And if you want someone
You might as well ask
Because who knows??
It's a simple task

That person...
That thing that you claim
May only be a word away
May cost you some pain

But if you are sure
It's what you want
Then go out and say it
Or else it'll haunt

Use your voice
Because you can
People are here to talk
Well, at least I am

I want to say
You should be bold
Today is your day
Before you get old

Your never too young,
Never too old, 
And if you give up now.
Well... that's not too bold

I didn't know what to write so i thought i might say thanks!

THANKYOUGUYSFORFOLLOWINGME...ITMAKESMESOOOOOOOOHAPPY!!!!!!

My First Day of School (and all the slightly embarrassing moments afterwards)

Chapter One
My alarm rings.
I turn it off.
I go back to sleep.

Chapter Two
My alarm rings.
I turn it off.
I go back to sleep.

Chapter Three
My alarm rings.
I turn it off.
I go back to sleep.

Chapter Four
My alarm rings.
I turn it off.
I spring out of bed.
Dear Diary,
Today is Wednesday, october 31. Translation: MY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!
Yes, I may seem a little bit over excited about school. I’m just trying to be a new and improved person. A positive and cheerful influence on everybody I meet, which also means being excited for my first day of school. Even though I’m the only new girl today. And school for everybody else started two months ago. And everyone will be staring at me. And I could possibly not make any friends, and be kind of a loser.
Ok, ok, ok, I’m really trying not to hyperventilate here.
And I’m...

Better For It

Dear J,
I know we used to be friends... but I don't really know why.
I mean... like... I said all these nice things to you once upon a time... but I realized I totally wasted my breath on you. I don't even know why I let myself hang with a loser like you... but just so you know, it pushed me way down on the food chain. 
Well, now I am back at the top, and where are you?
Right below me.
Just where you belong.
I'm not 100% sure if I should even be spending my time writing you this note... but I figured I would apologize.
I'm apologizing for getting sucked into your loser trap for 5th, and 6th grade.
You are like dog sh*t stuck at the bottom of my shoe now. Right below me... not eve worth to stand next to.
Just so you know... the "whateverfriendshipyouthoughtwehad" is so so so over.
I'm popular, and...

In the House

The House

You could feel the tension.
There is an expression, that the tension is thicker than pea soup, but that's not exactly accurate. Even at bottom of the bowl, you reach something, whether that may be the peas... or just the bottom of the bowl.
This tension is different.
This is the type of tension where you could cut it with a knife… but you would be cutting for a long long, time. Because there is no end. I mean… well technically there is the end, when tomorrow comes, but for tonight, I think we’ll all be basking in this tension.
Every light is out in the house. They are all home… just sitting in the darkness. It’s easier this way. Nobody can see them, or know exactly what’s going on right where they are. One single lantern is lit. In the living room. From day one, we thought it was the lantern of hope. The only way out of the...

The Witch is a B**CH

This person is meaner than mean. 
she stoops
to the 
LOWEST
level possible

taking candy from a
kid?
smashing
their
toys?

Despicable Me...
but worse
Sharpay Evans
isn't this
mean
More witch power
Than Hermione

she fakes, she takes, she makes...
makes people cry

the haters gonna hate
but keep her away

lights,
camera
action!
The b**ch is on...
and coming to destroy.

Beware the b**ch.

Early Bird

This is hilarious. I wake up earlier than 7:30 on the weekend, and when I log onto WtW... I don't think anyone is awake!
I think it's sleeping in, because I'm used to waking up at 6... for show choir, but now it's like... I'm the early bird.
I swear... 7 is not that early
:D

The List Part 1

The zoo job

I screamed when I saw the manilla envelope in our mailbox. It was buried among the other junk mail for my mom and dad. Advertisements, were in pale pink, and white envelopes, selling us anything from shoes, to couches.
But there it was, in its big envelope with its shiny seal, and my address written in neat loopy letters
I tore the envelope open without another thought. The letter in it was handwritten, in the same loopy font that was on the front.
I was so anxious to see what the letter contained, that I started reading aloud.

Dear Mia Gold,
We understand you have applied to work here at Bark Zoo. we have secured your information, and will allow you you to come in for your interview on Monday the 19th. We will expect you to be there at 8 o’clock sharp.
There will be no if’s, and’s, or but’s.
You will be interviewed by our...

The List Beginning

Prologue
I’ve never really put much thought to how I would die.
I guess it's just one of those things that you take for granted, like seatbelts, and medicine, and coats.
I always assumed I would be at least 90 and surrounded by my friends and family.
I thought it would be somethings where, the doctor shakes his head, so you go home, write your will, put on your finest suit, and your last words are final, and well thought out.
A lot of people don't plan on dying, it's just not part of their schedule.
It's like one of those things, where your mom says, “if we get to it”, but that really just means, “when we finish everything else we have to do, and if we have time leftover.”
I think that's why dying can be such a shock to some people, because you simply don’t plan for death.
Nobody I know, and nobody in their right mind...

Don't Trip!

Hope everyone is safe today out in the roads, my mom's car almost crashed cause we slipped on ice, and I was so scared. If you guys are out and about today, please be safe, and have caution. If you were so unfortunate to have gotten hurt, or slipped, I'm praying for you, and hope you have a great rest of your day!
:D

He loves me. He loves you NOT

IT's a crime to like the same guy your friend likes
but what o he likes you
and asks you out?

OML WHAT DO I DO??????????????

My December Writing Competition 2018

1st-31st

Even though this month has been full of love, and excitement, and giving, there are a lot of down spots... and I don't mean not getting the gifts you want.
Also, I know the competition ended like, weeks ago, I only just joined WtW, and missed the due date. I feel like submitting this later though, is more like a accurate reflection of how this month actually had made me feel. I know it starts off great, because Holiday joy is in the air, but I'm not sure everyone feels that anymore, come December 27.
This is my reflection of this month.

1. I worry about anyone who is homeless, because it hurts my heart to hear that so many kids, right in my own local community won't be getting any gifts, sweets, or anything special. They will either be worrying about where their next meal will be... and Christmas Day means nothing to them because it is the day...

What are you Made Of

You know what is really annoying?
It’s when the prettiest girl in the whole school goes around complaining about how ugly she thinks she is.
I mean what the freaking heck?
I think girls (and boys) do this just to get attention. I mean, you could go around, wearing skin tight clothes, and see through crop tops, trying to get boys to drool one moment, and the next, whine about your ugliness.
That’s what's ugly.
Honestly, everyone is beautiful, and if you stop judging, you will see that. If you always are judging how someone's nose is too big, or their eyes are too small,  or what, you miss the other beautiful things, like their eye COLOR.
I don’t know why someone invented makeup, but I tell you, it is killing us all slowly.
Sometimes, I see someone wearing makeup one day, then the next, maybe they are out running, not wearing makeup, and I don’t even recognize them.
Do...

What are you Made Of

I'm sorry to interrupt you today... but I just need to vent.
You know what is really annoying?
It’s when the prettiest girl in the whole school goes arund complaining about how ugly she thinks she is.
I mean what the freaking heck?
I think girls (and boys) do this just to get attentin. I mean, you could go around, wearing skin tight clothes, and see through crop tops, trying to get boys to drool one moment, and the next, whine about your ugliness.
That’s whats ugly.
Honestyl, everyone is beautifl, and if you stop judging, you will see that. If you always are judging how someones nose is too big, or their eyes are too small,  or waht, you miss the other beautiful things, like their eye COLOR.
I don’t know why someone invented makeup, but I tell you, it is killijg us all slowly.
Sometimes, I see someone wearing makeup one day, then the next, maybe they are...

Congrats...

Hey y'all, I know this was such short notice, but my Love Contest did get a winner... just because I only had one reply :D

I just want to give Quille a really really big shout out, because she is one of the best I know when it comes to love advice.
I'm kind of immature, so hearing this made me feel a little better... if that makes any sense.

I would like to say, thank you so, so, so, so, so much for the advice. I do think this may work... and that makes me so happy :D

If you guys do not yet follow Quille, I would do so immediately. I think this is a great way to get easy feedback, and Quille writes with a non-judgemental perspective, no mater what your problem is.
Quille really helped me out, and even though it was something silly like a crazy crush, it was worth it.
Any advice I need,...

The Vistas Beyond

Outside my back window

I can see them, capped in majestic ice, the green grass contrasts the clumps of snow
Gladness funnels from the top, cloaking them in warmth, and glee
The summit all alone in the December air... the beautiful mountains.

Did you know...?

“I am” is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.

My Love Contest

Sorry this is such short notice, but I had no clue what to write about today, and I do need some help. 
Here is a poem to explain myself, and please comment about it. The challenge ends at midnight, and by tomorrow, at least at 3 or later, I will have my winners determined.
Then, the days after Christmas, I will reward the winners.

What once was
There used to be this spark
Between this guy
And me
It was 5th grade
I was new to the school
And he didn’t care
I was teased
And
made
F
U
N
of
And it never ended
But he was cute
And blinded by
Love
I thought maybe
Maybe it would work

Now a couple years later
I don’t feel the same way
He scored the popular group
And I...
He says my wish is his command,

But

My wish is for him to
Leave my school
So I don’t
Feel like...

I'm pretty Smart... #JA17

Bravery: Willing to take risks
Intelligence: Smarter than the average.
Apart, they clash. Together, they’re pretty supreme.  

Open Prompt

Eight Strokes... part one

Ally
It all started at breakfast.
“November 8th. Thats next month!” Mom cheers, then goes faint. “Thats next month.”

Mixtape

Picture Perfect Moments

1. Thank u next- Ariana Grande
2. High Hopes- Panic Attack
3. No- Meghan Trainer
4. Never Alone- Tori Kelly
5. Let you down- NF
6. Treat you Better- Shawn Mendes
7. One Call Away- Charlie Puth 
8. Meant to Be- Florida Georgia LIne
9. Rules- Dua Lipa
10. Perfect- Ed Sheeran

These songs all have a major impact on me. 
A few songs, if you play, I would start bawling because it takes me so far down memory lane. I am reminded of who I was, years ago, and what I lived like.
Honestly, I'm looking at the person I was two weeks ago.
Some songs, like Rules, and No just show me that I can stand up for myself. High Hopes is the song that has inspired me to write like this in the first place, so and I listen to it more than once some days. One Call Away reminds me of my family, and family, because I...

Why I Write

Why I Write

I write because it helps me escape. When I need to vent, or be excited, I write. If I can't punch someone else when I'm mad, I make my next character angry. My writing helps me see who I really am, because I pour out a little bit of my soul into each story. I want to someday look back at my stories and be reminded of who I was, who I wanted to be, and compare it with who I am today. I also write as a thank you to the people in my life without being awkward. I put people in my stories that resemble someone in my life. That could be my mom for always saying my stories were good eve though they aren't, or for the girl or boy at school who made my life miserable.
Writing has always encouraged me to be myself, and speak deeper than I can.
Also, only writers would know this,...