Stone of Jade

~ 17 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~
one half of the locket
Vice Pres. Cult of the Crunch

Hi! You found my page! Just that fact means a lot <3
I mainly write fiction and short stories, but I am trying my hand at poetry, which I am LOVING! I take inspiration from the world around me <3

Read some of my work if you are so inclined! I always want to hear ways to improve! Thanks! :)

ongoing dystopian novel: Traitors and Rebels
Find the links to chapters 1-30 here:
https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/free_writing/218916/versions/457602

On The High Seas (continuing)
heartbreak series (finished)
Unlikely Hero (finished)

My friend (irl) chasing sunsets has an AMAZING series titled: A World Of Our Own.

Peer Reviews

The Fateless Rio

i hope this review helps you in polishing or seeing the impact this piece may have on people. really well written. I hope to read more of your writing on here soon <3

2 months

Brainwashed: Chapter Ten

unknown

Faith. Hope. Tragedy. Draft Four! REVIEW FOR REVIEW

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2020

don't have many other comments! I hope this was helpful!! Thank you again for your review and good luck in the comp

4 months

Death's Tales

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2020

I left some comments, but keep in mind they are just suggestions! Hope this was helpful

4 months

The Things Which Can Happen in a Bookstore

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2020

i made a bunch of comments but, as always, they are just suggestions. hope this was helpful!!

4 months

Joe's Chisel

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2020

I made a lot of comments, but keep in mind they are only suggestions. I hope this review was helpful!

4 months

I Hold The Sun In My Hands||Review for Review

This is a great poem! Very heartfelt and moving! Keep writing!

5 months

Ludicrosity in Fashion

PROMPT: Historical Fiction Competition 2020

I think your ending fits really well! It ties in perfectly with the beginning and gives a sense that the story is not yet over, leaving the reader wanting a bit more. keep revising! I don't know if you are looking to add more--with word count it is difficult--but here is a tip: by rephrasing, combining and rewording sentences you can sometimes shorten your word count without deleting anything important. I hope this review was helpful! Thank you again for yours. Let me know if you need any more feedback!

6 months

We're Family

I made a few comments/highlights but, as always, they are only suggestions. I can't wait to see your final draft! Thank you again for your review. I hope this one was as helpful as yours was!

6 months

The Cold War in Me

I made a few comments/highlights but, as always, they are only suggestions. I hope this review was helpful! Thank you again for yours! Let me know if you have any questions or want more feedback.

6 months

In Honor of Christopher Columbus

The word count is a tricky topic. Try to keep to your main story-line, cutting any details that don't help move that story along. It is hard to do but In the end it will flow a lot easier. I commented on several sections below. Please know, these are just suggestions. You can disregard any you disagree with: This is your story. Thank you so much for your review on my piece and I hope this is helpful in return. Let me know if you want any further feedback! -Jade

6 months

My new house

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

I made a few comments but they are just suggestions. One thing I might add is phrasing. You repeat the word "house" a lot. I know that it is a main theme of your piece but it might not be so repetitive if you use the word "home" every now and then. For example, you could say "my new house" but contrast that to "my new home" just a suggestion though! Keep working on this!! Good luck in the comp!

7 months

When she died

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

I made some comments but, as always, they are just suggestions. Good luck in the comp! And sorry you missed peer review ( i did too). I was shocked it filled so fast.

7 months

Reality

I made some comments but, as always, they are just suggestions. this is super good and I am so glad you asked for a review! I hope this is helpful!!

7 months

Smile

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

If you want title ideas (yours is great tho) you could make it Sad Smile. It sounds weird but rereading out loud really helps hear how other people will interpret/read this! it also helps with word flow. Rephrasing helps with shortening word count so don't be afraid to experiment! Good luck in the comp!!

7 months

That Moment

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

I made a lot of comments but they are only suggestions. This is really well written good job! There isn't a lot of room with the word count but try experimenting different phrasing. also rereading out loud really helps hear how other people will interpret/read this! it also helps with word flow. good luck in the comp!

7 months

Love, Mom

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

I made some comments but they are just suggestions. There isn't a lot of room with the word count but try experimenting different phrasing. also rereading out loud really helps hear how other people will interpret/read this! it also helps with word flow. This is super good already! Keep polishing!! Good luck in the comp!

7 months

Promise

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

I made a few comments but as always they are only suggestions! good luck in the comp! I hope this was helpful!

7 months

Two Birds

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

It sounds weird but try rereading out loud. It helps with the flow of words to hear how the message will sound to other readers. Good luck in the comp! I hope this review helped!

7 months

the world in a pie

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2020

Make sure you don't have any run-on or sentence fragments. Reread out loud. I know it sounds weird but it helps! Also, capitalize your i's. Maybe (if you can) have a parent also edit. Sentence flow means a LOT. Play around with your phrases and experiment which makes it flow the best. I know I highlighted a lot but you have a really good piece and I want to help you make it even better!!! Good luck!

9 months

Fallen by my Sun

One thing--this is mainly why I am writing the review (also I meant to earlier when I first read this piece but ever had time--I know you posted it awhile ago but I love it so much--okay off topic for a sec lol) Your Thor reference is a little off. That is Norse mythology but the rest are Greek. It doesn't even need to be changed but if you wanted to keep it similar, maybe just change Thor to Zeus. But this is an amazing piece and I keep rereading it because it is so captivating..

9 months

Isn't that suspicious?

Take my highlights lightly. There really isn't much to change except to help the words flow together.

10 months