BriRiley

She/her/14
LDS
Leo
Homeschooler
Writer/Aspiring Author
Bookworm
Ravenclaw/Potterhead
Fairy kind/Shadow charmer
Narnian
Lunar/Renegade/Anarchist
Daughter of Athena
Joined Nov 2020

I would love to hear any of your comments on my work! It makes me a better writer with every comment! :D

And please check out my IRL friend SamRose, And my big sis CookieCrumbles52! (They are really good writers!)

And thank you so much for 100+ followers! It means so much to me, I cant express my joy enough! XD Thank you! And have a wonderful rest of your day!

That little red dot (Footnotes!!!!)

Please tell me how a like, comment and follow can make me the happiest person in the world? 

When I open up my phone and go to WtW’s website I am crossing my fingers hoping that someone will like my work. And that all the time I spent writing my heart and mind into this new piece wasnt waisted.

And my heart soars when I see that little red dot on my notifications box, hopping up and down, making me jump with joy and eagerly read your guys comments!

A comment, like or  fallow is something so simple but it makes my day! And I’m sure you can agree. :D

That little red dot (Footnotes!!!!)

Self-Love

I love myself just the way I am

I love myself, period.

Don’t get me wrong I still have those days where I’m crying because I don’t like my hair or something else really silly like that. But even while I am criticizing myself and saying that I’m not good enough, and I'm not pretty or smart, I know deep down that I am good enough. And my fears are the only thing stopping me from loving myself completely.

So on those days where I'm not feeling the best, I go into the bathroom and look myself straight in the eye and tell myself to knock it off, and that I am loved by so many people, so I should love me too. Then I take a shower, and do my hair and makeup (if I'm in the mood) and then I do something I love like watching a movie or reading a book. But I just take the time to take care of myself (something I forget...

Self-Love

I love myself just the way I am

I love myself, period.

So on those days where I'm not feeling the best, I go into the bathroom and look myself straight in the eye and tell myself to knock it off, and that I am loved by so many people, so I should love me too. Then I take a shower, and do my hair and makeup if I'm in the mood, and then I do something I love like watching a movie or reading a book. But I just take the time to take care of myself (something I forget...

Different types of readers

I’ve learned by reading a book called HOW TO READ A BOOK for my school XD, that there a lot of different reader. 

Now there are some who read just for fun, reading whatever peaks their interests. (That's me)

There are also the people who read to actually learn something. (cough cough, usually not me)

And people who read to get away from the world. They usually read a story that they can relate to.

Then one of my personal favorites the Romantic, they usually don’t like a book unless it has that subtle hint of romance, or just go full out at read an actual romance book and spend the entire time trying not to smile when the main characters started flirting. (Guilty)

And the people who read for inspection, usually reading "how to" books.

Then there are the people who read because they are forces to. They usually read school books.

Knowing what kind of reader you are...

My bad poem (I hope you get a laugh out of this) :)

Write a poem using only questions. 

Why am I here sitting on this bench getting drenched in the rain, what am I trying to gain by writing this poem? Thinking of Owen, (who’s Owen?) and why am I watching a cat walk down the street thinking of a deep sleep (I could be in bed right now!). Why am I making a poem sitting on this bench thinking of Owen, (Again who’s Owen!)  Why are cookies so good? But what I really want to know is why are bookies are so good? (Bookies what are you talking about?! It rimes, I tell myself) Why am I doing this I’ve never been good at making poems. Why am I sitting here in bliss? Okaaay, I’ll stop trying to rhyme! Sorry!

The same boat in life

You are pulling your arms back and forth propelling your boat through the water, feeling as if it weighs 10,000 pounds with all your burdens, doubts and fears slowing you down.
You come to a fork in the water, two twin paths ahead, not knowing which one to take. Thinking that if you took the wrong path it could be fatal, but you have to choose.
And on the way through one of those tunnels you see other people in boats rowing beside you, all trying to get to the finish line, pushing through even though their burdens are slowing them down.
It brings you hope and strength seeing that everyone is right beside you, pushing along, even though they might have different burdens, doubts and fears, you are all in the same boat, helping row your weight across the finish line.
We are all in the same boat, all trying to make it to the end of the marathon,...

If I was a book character

If I was a book character I think my story would start in a library, with me accidentally bumping into a bookshelf or something and it opening to reveal a door leading into a magical world no one knows about.

Then me standing there staring at it for a while before cautiously taking a step forward just to make sure it’s real, then looking around to make sure the coast was clear before jumping up and down in excitement and saying to myself, I knew it! I knew It! I knew all those books I’ve been reading were real! Then composing myself enough to walking into this world I know nothing about, and never thinking all the while that it might be dangerous.

Then Some magical being would tell me about some evil guy who wants to end the world, and how it’s my destiny to stop him, so I go off on this long adventure where I make some...

Mid-February Grab Bag

Through closed eyes

Dark shadows playing with light dancing before me as I lay awake willing my brain to take a rest after a long day.
To turn of the flashing colors and thoughts rushing past me and turn them into stars
That shine peacefully through closed eyes.

Dream Big

One in a million

My dream is to be a writer. Its been my dream for a few years now and for a while it was awesome! I was writing a book that I thought was going to be amazing in my little-kid brain. I could write my heart out paper and not have anyone critics me, or my work. 

But its a little harder now. I have learned over the years that I can do anything if I have the right motivation. So I have been working hard on WtW and in private to try and become a better writer. But its hard when I think of all the people that want to be writer, and that I am just one in a million. And I wonder if I will succeed, or fall like so many have before me.

90% Of my friends are writing books. And more people out there that I haven't met that want to be writers too, who dream...

Me in threes

1. Three quirks or idiosyncrasies. Like to do many things at once, such as texting and showering while listening to a book. XD You can ask SamRose that it is really hard to read my texts when I do that. XD I like to sing off key. And I like to laugh at myself because of the weirdest things. 
  2. Three communities to which you belong (these can be unusual). AIM, (my homeschool co-op). The LDS church. And now a crouton cult that (sk)eyesofocher made WtW with SamRose XD (You should join!)
  3. Three adjectives your peers would use to describe you. Kind, Funny, weird. 
  4. Three adjectives your family would use. Creative, stubborn, funny (again) 
  5. Three adjectives you would use. Loving, smart, confidant. 
  6. Three things about you that very few people know. I like to sit outside on our front porch and watch my dog play outside. I love trying to make myself better at things for no real reason, like how I try to...

Building worlds

Creating worlds is something that we do every time we sit down to write. It is fascinating how we can build a whole world from the name down to the population of people.

We can creat anything as far as our imagination will let us.  

We start with a little seedling of an idea that we can use to make an entire galaxy. And in that galaxy are worlds with animals and human beings all made by us.

Creating worlds is like building. You start with the foundation and go up from there, creating walls with rooms inside and small details that tie your ideas together. And then you add the roof smooshing all your ideas together until they fit nicely.

I have always found it amazing that our brains can look at a page of words and use our imagination to creat everything we read. Making worlds and people and things seem real.

I think it is by far...

What is love? <3

What is love? I know this a really weird question, but its hard to know exactly when there are so many different meaning of the word, and how you can show it. 
Is love that feeling you get, when you feel like you have a million butterflies running into the walls of your stomach? making you feel like you want to throw up, or is it that feeling you get when you can tell that person what you are thinking and know that they will love you no matter what. 
And how did the hear shape "<3"(This one) become a symbol of love? Did two people decide to make two c shapes with their hand and then put it together? (Although that would be pretty awesome) 
But I think the answer to these questions is, love is different for every person.
Everyone is looking for something different in a relationship, and we all feel different when we are with the...

25 Words

A helping hand (Footnotes)

Water everywhere drowning you, but a figure above reaches out to help. The water is pulling you away but their hand grasps yours, saving you. 

I am enough (footnotes)

K-IND  
E-NERGETIC
N-EEDED
N-URTURER
E-XPERTISE
D-AZZLING
Y-OUNG ;)

K-E-N-N-E-D-Y 

This is me and I am enough, and so are you! :)

My writing process

What is happening when I'm writing.   

Writers block: Me staring at the screen knowing exactly what comes next in my story but not knowing how to put it into words.

Editing: Pushing delete a hundred times and looking up good replacement words for what I’m writing.

Light bulb moments: You know when an idea for your book just comes to you and you are so excited! That is the best feeling! XD

Procrastination: Avoiding my computer and choosing instead to read my new book. :)

Being forgetful: Me forgetting that I am even writing a book and realize that I haven’t written anything for a few days. Because I’ve done that quite a few times. Haha.

Mid-February Grab Bag

Through closed eyes

The little white rose in a sea of red tulips

A little white rose in a sea of red tulips.
The rose was different from the rest, he longed to be like his siblings. The little white rose was always and outcast seen to be something smaller then his siblings who’s beautiful colors shone in the sunshine.
So the little white rose prayed every night to the flower god to be made like the rest, but every time he got the same answer.
”But why little rose do you want to be like the rest? The flower god asked him. "You are beautiful and sweeter than the rest.”
The white rose bowed its head. “I know, but I wish to be like my siblings, not to stand out and be called different.”
”But being different can have its uses.” The flower god tried to reason.
“I don’t care.” The white rose said.
The flower god sighed. “As you wish.”
And with that, the flower god came down from his throne...

A sky of stars

Walking on the shore at the beach, sand moving between my toes, I paused to look up at the sky of stars blinking down across the whole world and accenting the moons beautiful glow. The longer I looked the more stars came into my view. I wondered how many people had peered up at these same stars and what they had been thinking about, in their time of life and the different places they lived. 

If I could fly, I think the first thing I would do would be to fly up high into the sky until all I could see was the galaxy. Coming out of my daydream I looked out across the waves sparkling in the moonlight, I think about how the world is such a beautiful and perfect place, and how lucky I am to witness it. 

Dream Big

One in a million

Pieces of the puzzle

Life is a puzzle. A guessing game of people trying to fit the pieces of life together.

We need other peoples puzzle pieces to complete the picture. Helping each other with the puzzles of life.

When we try to fit pieces together by ourselves that don’t necessarily fit we get discouraged and give up. 

But we need help fitting those pieces together, fitting them in the right places with others by your side, helping you complete the picture.

Doing this can help us get a better perspective of life, working together with your peers to help complete your picture of the world.  

One. Piece. At. A. Time. 

Different types of readers

Knowing what kind of reader you are is important, so that you can find books that you will actually read. And so that you can have a better relationship with your reading habits.

Under cover

Write a story that includes the quote, well...... so much for undercover. 

Creeping through the bushes Katrina moved a couple of branches that were disrupting her view, Do you see him? Her best friend Soren asked. Yes, Katrina answered, he’s hiding under the green trash can. Ok, follow me She said motioning to the left. Crawling Katrina moved behind a truck that was parked in someone’s driveway. Looking back she saw Soren rolling on his side and landing on his feat. Katrina rolled her eyes at him, What? Soren asked catching the look she gave him, that’s what they do in the movie’s. Turning her attention back to the street Katrina caught sight of their victim. I’m going to go for it, Soren whispered in her ear. Katrina turned to him, Wait! She cried trying to stop him. But it was to late Soren had ran straight at the trash can yelling Scooby Doobie Doo where are you?! Katrina smacked...

Looking through a lens Chapter Two (part 1)

Chapter Two
London spent the rest of the afternoon in the library. Eventually she decided to take a break and go down stairs.
 London went down stairs after picking out a book to read, she walked down the stairs following the aroma of cooking food into the kitchen where her mother and Aunt Rose were making dinner. 
They looked up when London entered the room. London walked over to the table and sat down watching as her mother rolled out the dough to make rolls , and separate them into little balls. 
“Where is everyone else?” London asked, looking around at the empty kitchen. 
“Your dad and uncle took a trip to the orchard to get some apples for apple juice.” London's aunt said, wiping flour from her hands on her apron. “And I think the younger ones are coloring in the toy room with Carter. Actually, can you get them? Dinner is nearly done.” She stirred a pot of...

Building worlds

I think it is by far one...

February Grab Bag

Top secret

Prompt: The message in a bottle someone found on the beach. What does it say? -Delia Rune

If you are reading this then I have succeeded. The year is 1767. A few weeks ago I caught whiff of a plan to ruin humanity as we know it. The perpetrators were my boss and one of his employees. I waited in the broom closet until the Building was closed for the night, before I stole the plans to destroy the human race and ran away storing the plans in this bottle. Whoever finds this bottle guard these plans with your life, or the world will come to a end.

l looked up from the message and fished the other piece of paper out of the bottle and unrolled it. On the top of the page were the words in black print the word, RECIPE FOR SODA.

I stared at the paper and started to laugh. Sorry buddy, I said stuffing the...

A sky of stars

Walking on the shore at the beach, sand running between my toes, I Paused to look up at the sky of stars blinking down across the hole world and accenting the moons pearly white glow. The longer I looked the more stars came into my view. I Wondered how many people had peering up at these same stars and what they had been thinking about. If I could fly, I think the first thing I would do would be to fly up high into the sky until all I could see was the galaxy. Coming out of my daydream I looked out across the waves sparkling in the moon light, I thought about how the world is such a beautiful and perfect place, and how lucky I am to witness it. 

If I was a book character

My writing process

What is happening when I'm writing.  

I am enough (footnotes)

K-IND  
E-NERGETIC
N-EEDED
N-URTURER
E-XPERTISE
D-AZZLING
Y-OUNG ;)

K-E-N-N-E-D-Y 

This is me and I am enough for anything.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

What Valentines is to me. 

Heart decorations covering every wall, and the smell of strawberry muffins I the air.

The feeling of love in the air as you watch a movie with your family. And laughing your head off at the silly little jokes making your family laugh even harder. 

Joking together at past holidays and predicting what will happen at future ones. 

But all the while as we tease and make fun at each other, there is still love in every word. 

Valentines is a day to celebrate those you love, telling them how much they mean to you. And loving them unconditionally, no matter what.

25 Words

A helping hand (Footnotes)

Water everywhere drowning you, except for a person above reaching out to help. You are being pulled away but their hand grasps yours, saving you. 

25 Words

A helping hand (Footnotes)

Change

Something I have learned recently is that change can be anything you want it to be. 

Ok maybe not anything, but your perspective of change, can ‘changes’ whole experience. (Sorry for the pun I couldn’t help myself)

Anyway, I am a Lds member and my dad has been the bishop of our ward four six years. And he was finally going to be released last Sunday. Yay!

Not that he didn’t like being bishop, he loves it! But when he is released he will be able to sit with my family in church, not always have to leave for church meeting, and people won’t think we don’t have a dad when new people see us at church sitting with only my mom.

My whole family was ready, especially my younger sister. waiting for Sunday, when he would be released. But Saturday night my dad got a text saying that they needed him to serve for at least another month.

I...

Pieces of the puzzle

One. Piece. At. A. Time. 

February Grab Bag

Top secret

Given First Line

Your personal sanctuary (footnotes)

If you ever feel that you need a place to go for some time alone, In found having a your own personal sanctuary can be calming  and helpful.

Your sanctuary is a place for you to take a break and have some you time. It might not always be in the same place every time, but it will always be there, and it is always changing to be whatever and wherever you need it to be. It can be be a happy thought, a place, a room, or even a thing. I’ve learned that taking time each day to visit my sanctuary (even if it’s only for a minute) brings me peace and can help me with my trials.

When I ever feel tired, or I’m looking for inspiration, I go to my sanctuary. If you ever feel in need of a quiet space, think of somewhere or something that makes you feel peace and calm for your personal sanctuary. Maybe...

That Sort of Person

Through a lens (book characters)

These are a couple of characters in the book I’m writing called Looking through a lens. Which one is your favorite?

London: she has anxiety and is a book nerd. 
Soren: he is a little bit of a book nerd also but he really likes adventure and he is always trying to make things more exciting.
Delia: is super sassy as hottie, acting like she’s to good for everyone.
Anulap: is an elf dude that acts like he’s always in the lead and try’s to keep everyone in line.

Stay faithful to the story’s in your head

This might sound weird... but something I like to do for fun is copy work. Yep it is one of my favorite hobbies.
Especially when it’s Harry Potter quotes. (Is it just me, or do they all seem to be by Dumbledore?)
Anyway one day I was going through my journal of quotes that I have written down, and I decided to add a few more to the collection.
So I got on my phone and I looked up, Author quotes. (Because I’m inspiring to be an Author, and I love laughing at some of them) 
So I look it up and the first quote I see is, Stay faithful to the stories in your head. - by Paula hawkins
I feel like this quote can be interpreted on many different ways butfor some reason it really stuck out to me, and these were my thoughts.
I find that when I think of a story I can write, I make...

Dreams

Dreams are wishes we think of while we are asleep or awake we are constantly dreaming and making silent wishes. maybe it’s on a star, maybe it’s in a well. But the wishes that come true are the ones that come from your heart. 

Book Review Competition 2021

Cinder - by Marisa Meyer

The book Cinder is a sci-fi/Romance Cinderella remake. Cinder (one of the main characters) is very headstrong and she is part Cyborg. Prince Kai is a sweetheart and very selfless putting his kingdom first even if it’s means marrying the Evil Queen of the moon for a peace treaty.

Linh Cinder, is an sixteen year old mechanic and part cyborg living in New Beijing with her step mother Linh Adri and her two daughters Pearl and Peony. Before Cinders step father Linh Garen Died from the plague known as Letumoses he adopted, after a terrible hover accident killed her parents and turned her into a cyborg, leaving her with no memory of her past.

When Linh Garen traveled to adopt Cinder, he caught the Letumosses disease, causing Linh Adri to blame Cinder for his death years ago, and hold it against her.

When Linh Garen died Cinder was forced by her step mother to use her mechanic skills and work...

Looking through a lens Chapter One (looking for peer review)

Chapter One 
“Are we there yet?” Carter asked, peering out the front window with a yawn.
London rolled her eyes at her older brother; wondering if he wanted to get in trouble. She could tell that he was bored, not only because of the way he slumped in his chair, but also at the dull glow of his skin. And not to mention he had asked that question about a hundred times.
Their mother, Mrs. Cottrell, turned in her seat, looked over her shoulder at him and said, “If you ask that one more time, we are dropping you off here and you can walk the rest of the way.” She said smiling sternly.
“I was just asking a question.” Carter mumbled under his breath, slumping back into his seat.
Trying not to feel victorious, London watched as the open fields surrounding their car zoomed by as they got nearer and nearer to their destination. They would arrive at their...

Change

I...

Chapter One 

Chapter One

Seeing through a lens Chapter One (looking for peer review)

Chapter One
London rolled her eyes at her older brother; wondering if he wanted to get in trouble. He had asked that question so many times it should’ve been a record.
Sure enough, their mother, Mrs. Cottrell, turned in her seat, looked over her shoulder at him and said, “If you ask that one more time, we are dropping you off here and you can walk the rest of the way.” She said it with a smile that told them she was serious.
“I was just asking a question.” Carter mumbled under his breath.
Trying not to feel victorious, London watched as the open fields surrounding their car zoomed by as they got nearer and nearer to their destination. They would arrive at their new home so that they could help around her uncle’s farm while her aunt was busy with three little children, an infant...

That Sort of Person

Through a lens (book characters)

These are a couple of characters in the book I’m writing called Everfree. 

Dana: is super cut and bubbly, and loves everything.
Alvar: acts like a guard, and is always Sirius but he is really just trying to be loyal.

January Grab Bag

What my favorite pastime during COVID

The prompt was, what was your favorite pastime during COVID.

My favorite past time during Covid was reading all the books in our library because I have nothing better to do, Ha ha.

So it was really great having some me time curled up in bed with my nose in a book. (Books smell pretty good) anyway I started reading so many books that my dad started making jokes about me always being in a different world. I mean I read a lot before but during Covid my reading list doubled, and I’m not mad about it.

Something I like to do is write down every book I’ve read so that I can look back and have the name of the book written down in a journal, and after every school year I take a picture with all of my books in front of me so that I can see all the reading progress I have made that year.

And...

Book Review Competition 2021

Cinder - by Marisa Meyer

The book Cinder is a sci-fi Cinderella remake. Cinder (one of the main characters) is very headstrong and she is part Cyborg. Prince Kai is a sweetheart and very selfless putting his kingdom first even if it’s means marrying the Evil Queen of the moon for a peace treaty.

Linh Cinder, is an sixteen year old mechanic and part cyborg living in New Beijing with her step mother Linh Adri and her two daughters pearl and peony. Before Cinders step father Linh Garen Died from the plague known as Letumoses he adopted, after a terrible hover accident killed her parents and turned her into a cyborg, leaving her with no memory of her past.

When linh Garen traveled to adopt Cinder, he caught the Letumosses disease, causing Linh Adri to blame Cinder for his death years ago, and hold it against her.

When linh Garen died Cinder was forced by her step mother to use her mechanic skills and work...

Book Review Competition 2021

Cinder - by Marisa Meyer

The book Cinder is a sci-fi Cinderella remake. Cinder (one of the main characters) is very headstrong cyborg and does not putt up with people who wast
Her time. Prince Kai is a sweetheart and very selfless putting his kingdom first even if it’s means marrying the Queen of the moon for a peace treaty.

When linh Garen died Cinder was forced by her step mother to...

Book Review Competition 2021

Cinder - by Marisa Meyer

When linh Garen died Cinder was forced by her step mother to use...

Writing Resolution

My writing goals for 2021

My goals are not anything extraordinary or necessarily hard, these are just some things I’m working on as a new writer. So I pledge to finish these goals and hopefully use them in my future writing.

1. The first goal is to be more focused when I’m writing, I am homeschooled and s o I’m always around my family which I love but it’s really easy to get distracted by all the noise around me. 
  2. second is to finish my writing goal for the day in under one hour, in the future I would love to be able to sit down at my computer and Finnish that days work as fast as I want so that I don’t stress when I have a busy day.
  3. Third is to finish outlining the book I’m writing at the moment, I’m doing a challenge with my friend SamRose (you can read some of her book on WtW) and we are trying to finish a...

Tick tick

Tick, tick, my brain was counting down the seconds until the new year. I looked at the time on my phone 11:59, one minute before it would be 2021. While waiting I hand hope, hope for a better year hope for freedom hope for....a better year. As my phone turned to 12:00, I felt hope sink into me.

The next day I felt everything was the same, that nothing different would happen, until I got a text from my friend that showed me more of the picture.

The world is changing around us for better and for worse. I was recently re-reading Harry Potter and at the part in the 4 or 5 book when the sorting hat is telling the school to stay close to each other so they can be strong, as their world as it was changing right before their eyes. I felt like it was very good advice for them at the time and for us...

Sparks of light

Darkness, everywhere closing in like being trapped in a box with no light coming in and no light going out. Everywhere you turn, being blinded from the world, cut of from everything you love.

Then suddenly hope, light love and peace blinding you from somewhere so close and yet so far, you reaching for it behind a invisible barrier that you need to get through, a variorum that only you can break.

Moving through the blindness and breaking into the light bringing comfort and hope. That deep ache that was pricing your heart melting away as you are wrapped in a blanket of peace. Finally feeling wanted, and being surrounded by light, hope, and something much better, love. 

Without Hope

Bend lift turn repeat, bend lift turn repeat. It was the same command that flowed through Elinors mind that was making Her arms move up and down setting the box on the stack beside her and moving to the beat of all the in-prisoned people around her doing the same movements over and over again with no break until at night you could hardly eat a bite if it wasn’t  for the mounting hunger building up through the long hot hour of the work day. And on the days that they didn’t work were spent laying in bed too sore and tired to move one precious muscle, one of the only things keeping them from being punished for not being able to do their work.

Elinor thoughts turned as the guard beside her watched, sending the same message in to her thoughts.

She had learned early on that it was no use to deny the command of the guards, they...

That Sort of Person

Through a lens (book characters)

Enzo: is a little boy and he’s that type that will keep to them selves and be very quiet until they decide to surprise everyone with doing something brave.
Carter: is the type that takes everything you say as a hole but when he relies that you are serious he will take you the same seriously. 

Dear 2020

Write a letter to 2020

Dear, 2020 how are? Sorry that’s a stupid question we all know how you are. So what happened? 2020 was going great for the first week or so, and then bam! COVID-19, bam! earthquake, bam!, bam!, bam!, every thing canceled everyone’s panicking over- toilet paper? Seriously what has happened to humanity, it’s like you had a mental breakdown, well it’s ok we all have them, but come on, Turing the year that we were supposed to have 2020 vision? Wow that’s low. Well, anywa hope you feel better next year!

Love,
                                                Kennedy

Write a poem using only questions. 

Why am I here sitting on this bench getting drenched in the rain, what am I trying to gain by writing this poem? Thinking of Owen, (who’s Owen?) and why am I watching a cat walk down the street thinking of a deep sleep (I could be in bed right now!). Why am I making a poem sitting on this bench thinking of Owen, (Again who’s Owen!)  Why are cookies so good? But what I really want to know is why are bookies are so good? (Bookies what are you talking about?! I shrug to myself, it rimes, ish) Why am I doing this I’ve never been good at making poems. Why am I sitting here in bliss? Okaaay, I’ll stop trying to rhyme! Sorry!

Under cover

Creeping through the bushes Katrina moved a couple of branches that were disrupting her view. Do you see him? Her best friend Soren asked. Yes, Katrina answered he’s hiding under the green trash can. Ok, follow me She said motioning to the left. Crawling Katrina moved behind a truck that was parked in someone’s driveway. Looking back she saw Soren rolling on his side and landing on his feat. Katrina rolled her eyes at him. What? Soren asked catching the look she gave him, that’s what they do in the movie’s. Turning her attention back to the street Katrina caught sight of their victim. I’m going to go for it, Soren whispered in her ear. Wait! But it was to late Soren had ran straight at the trash can yelling Scooby Doobie Doo where are you?! Katrina smacked her hand to her forehead, Well...... so much for undercover. And...

Not anyone’s princess

Rapunzel stared out the windowsill at the earth beaconing her to come out of her tower and be a part of a world she had been watching through a window for nineteen years. Nineteen very long and lonely years with only herself for company. Sitting in a windowsill waiting for someone to free her.

And day after day she was sick at the knowledge that she was a helpless princess just away and waiting for her prince to climb the tower and take her away to live happily ever after. 

And on one of these long days, when was sitting, brushing out her long golden locks and then watching it billow out the window and reaching the ground in a pile of golden waves, when she had a thought. why am I sitting here all day waiting for some stranger to take me away to a castle, when I could be out there right now seeing the world. And thinking...

Not anyone’s princess

Rapunzel stared out the windowsill at the the earth beaconing her to come out of her tower and be a part of a world she had been watching through a window for nineteen years. Nineteen very long and lonely years with only herself for company. Sitting in a windowsill waiting for someone to free her.

And day after day she was sick at the knowledge that she was a helpless princess just pinning away and waiting for her prince to climb the tower and take her away to live happily ever after. 

And on one of these long days, when was sitting, brushing out her long golden locks and then watching it billow out the window and reaching the ground in a pile of golden waves, when she had a thought. why am I sitting here all day waiting for some stranger to take me away to a castle, when I could be out there right now seeing the world....

Writing

I feel like there are good writing days for me and bad ones. Sometimes I sit down and I can write for hours, ideas coming and going as I write them down. 

Then there are the days where my mind gets distracted at the littlest things and I can’t seem to focus, or I have no clue what to write about. But what I like to do on one of those days Is trying to listen to classical music or read inspirational quotes to help me focus. (I like to listen to the Harry Potter them song while I write)

But sometimes nothing works and all we can do is take a break and try again tomorrow. That doesn’t make us bad writers it just means that we need to take a break once in a while, as does everyone.

In fact I had to take a break from writing this because I couldn’t think what to write next....

All about me

Hello! My name Kennedy, I’m fourteen years old, and I have six people in my family, I have three siblings two sister and a brother. We have a English bulldog named Odin. I’ve been homeschooled for six years and it has been a miracle in me and my family’s life. I get to go to a homeschool co-op once was a week and do fun activities with all my friends. In my free time I like to read a book or write. I take a Mandarin class and can say a decent amount of things like 你好! Hello!,我叫可丽。I am Kennedy, I like to talk to my dog in Chinese because he doesn’t know English either so might as well get some practice. I love making crafts with my little sister Reagan, and fangirling over books with my older sister M, And my little brother Bronx can usually convince me to play a very competitive game of exploding kittens. I someday...

If I was a book character book 2

Read book one first if you haven’t! :)

If I was a book character book 2 

So after I saved the world in the first book, everything is just dandy until I find out that the evil dude had a apprentice that is trying to continue his masters work of trying to destroy the world.

So I round up my friend so they can help me and I’m about to go find the evil apprentice to stop him, when one of my buddies is reviled to be one of the Evil guys minions and captures me to bring to his master who was the apprentice.

And then I’m trapped and the apprentice, (I’ll name him Evil guy 2) so as I was saying, I am trapped in a mettle cage hanging from the ceiling while Evil guy 2 has his villain montage telling me all about his plan to rule the world by using a magical gem that could kill...

Writing

Then there are the days where my mind gets distracted at the littlest things and I can’t seem to focus, or I have no clue what to write about. But what I like to do on one of those days Is trying to listen to classical music or read inspirational quotes to help me focus.

In fact I had to take a break from writing this because I couldn’t think what to write next. Haha.

The point is that when you take a break from your writing...

What Christmas is to me

What’s Christmas to me, everyone siting around the Christmas tree taking turns unwrapping gifts, and then bundling up in our winter clothes and making forts in the sparkling snow while we wait for the christmas crepes to be ready While listening to Christmas songs.

Then later watching our favorite Christmas movies while snuggled up in blankets around the fireplace, while the snow blows outside the window.

But mostly the happy feeling I get when I’m surrounded by my family.

Something very loved

One day I went to the mall with my family, and we were walking around when I spotted a used book store, I decided it would be fun to take a look inside.

Walking into the store I noticed that most of the books were in pretty good condition, when I had gotten to the back of the store where some of the books were on display and I spotted a book that was different from the others, the pages were yellow with age and there were tears on some of the pages. The spine was cracked and some of the gold foiling in the title had scratched off. Opening the book I found that some of the sentences had been underlined in red ink. You could tell by looking at it that this book had been read many times. 

When I first saw the book I was sad that such a good book was in such a bad condition, but...

Dreams

December Grab Bag

What makes a writer a writer

What I think makes a writer is when:
Someone can put their words on paper.
Someone is ok with sitting down for hours writing on sentence over and over again because it just doesn’t sound right.
Someone gets frustrated when someone interrupts their writing. 
Someone thinks of something they can do for their story in the middle of the night, so you turn on your light and write it down before you forget.
Someone can writes even when they don’t feel like it.

So I asked my sister what she thought made a writer a writer, and she asked if she could write it down and she wrote a whole paragraph. Haha. So this is what she wrote:
A good writer is someone who reaches for the unexplained. They strive to write stories that connect with potential readers, and bring to life what lives inside their mind. A good writer, in definition doesn’t have to be the most well read,...

A creative mind

I have something called dyslexia.

If you don’t know what being dyslexic is, it means that my brain works differently than other people’s. So that means I sometimes have to find different ways to learn things so that it will make more sense to my brain.

Though it can be a bit frustrating when I can’t spell a word or something is particularly hard for me to understand, it’s also a blessing. Since my mind works differently It also causes me to think in a more creative way.

Since somethings are harder for me to learn, my mind creates little short cuts that help me learn faster.

Some people feel that having a disability or being different is something bad, but I believe that being different from other people doesn’t make it bad, it just makes us unique. :)

A sky of stars

Walking on the shore at the beach, sand running between my toes, I Paused to look up at the sky of stars blinking down across the hole world and accenting the moons pearly white glow. The longer I looked the more stars came into my view. I Wondered how many people had peering up at these same stars and what they had been thinking about. If I could fly, I think the first thing I would do would be to fly up high into the sky until all I could see was the galaxy. Coming out of my daydream I looked out across the waves in sparkling in the moon light, I thought about how the world is such a beautiful and perfect place, and how lucky I am to witness it.

Dust Jacket

A little bit about me as a writer

1. What is your favorite genre to write. I would say fictional.
  2. what is your favorite genre to read. I like to read Sci Fi books
  3. what draws you to the WTW community. I’m trying to become a better writer, and I was talking to my friend and she recommended WTW, and I thought I could give it a try. (And I love it!)
  4. what do you find most challenging about writing. Probably the fear that nobody will like the things I write.
  5. most exhilarating. I think what is most exhilarating for me is when people enjoy the things I write.
  6. what is the goal that you have for yourself while here. Hopefully to be more confident in my work. And to learn more about being a writer.

A simple piece of paper

Sitting at my desk and looking out the window at the dreary winter morning. I thought for a moment before I pulled out a simple piece of paper and a pencil. Lowering my hand to the paper, my mind suddenly went blank. How can I make something beautiful on a day like this? I thought. Then an idea popped into my head. Thinking it could be worth a try, I pulled the pencil across the paper and I started to draw. First just making some squiggly lines in places, then moving the pencil more deliberately. As the drawing got bigger and bigger it started to take shape and become something more. I was so focused on my work that I didn’t even notice the world out the window changing. Instead of the dreary grays of winter, the sun was coming out of the clouds and bathing the ground in a worm sunny glow making the ground sparkle. Sitting back in...

Given First Line

Your personal sanctuary (footnotes)

If you ever feel that you need a place to go for some time alone, I suggest having your own personal sanctuary. Your sanctuary is a place for you to take a break and have some you time. Your sanctuary might not always be in the same place every time, but it will always be there, and it is always changing to be whatever and wherever you need it to be. It can be be a happy thought, a place, a room, or even a thing. I’ve learned that taking time each day to visit my sanctuary (even if it’s only for a minute) will bring me peace and can help me with my trials. So if you ever feel tired, or you are looking for inspiration, think of somewhere or something that makes you feel peace and calm for your personal sanctuary. Maybe your sanctuary is music, art, reading, sports, etc. But just remember that your sanctuary is unique to...

Pandemic Memoir

My year

So short, yet so very long.

Given First Line

Your personal sanctuary (footnotes)

If you ever feel that you need a place to go for some time alone, I suggest having your own personal sanctuary. Your sanctuary is a place for you to take a break and have some you time. Your sanctuary might not always be in the same place every time, but it will always be there, and it is always changing to be whatever and wherever you need it to be. It can be be a happy thought ,a place, a room ,or even a thing. I’ve learned that taking time each day to visit my sanctuary (even if it’s only for a minute) will bring me peace and can help me with my trials. So if you ever feel tired, or you are looking for inspiration, think of somewhere or something that makes you feel peace and calm for your personal sanctuary. Maybe your sanctuary is music, art, reading, sports, etc. But just remember that your sanctuary is unique to...