Enrollment is now closed, but sign up here to be alerted about additional virtual writing camp opportunities!

WHEN: Monday, July 6–Friday, July 10

WHO: Open to all young writers ages 13-18, of any writing level or experience.

WHAT: Young writers will dive into the Fantasy and Sci-Fi genres while building their writing skills and connecting with peers around the world—all within a supportive and structured online writing camp hosted by Write the World.

Participants will respond to daily writing prompts and provide peer reviews and feedback to their fellow campers. They’ll engage in a combination of independent writing activities and group meetings while receiving daily individualized feedback and mentorship from our Expert Reviewers—a team of education and writing professionals. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to learn from a special guest author in the Sci-Fi and Fantasy genres.

At the end of the week, young writers who participate in all required elements of the program will receive a certificate of completion. They will also have the opportunity to share their work with the broader Write the World community.

SCHEDULE: Camp will consist of daily check-ins with Write the World educators (approximately 45-60 mins per day), and all participants will work independently on prompts and activities, guided by peer and expert review, at their own pace for a total commitment of about three hours a day.

FAQ for Parents: If you are a parent/guardian, find out more about our moderation and privacy policy along with more in-depth camp details here.

COST: 250 USD per participant.

ENROLLMENT: To register, please fill out the form and pay below. If the participant is under 18, parental permission is required.

About Write the World

Developed in 2012 at Harvard University's Advanced Leadership initiative, Write the World is a student-centered learning platform that engages and motivates students to read and write. With young writers from over 125 countries, we give students the tools to draft, revise, and publish their work, all in a creative and supportive community of young writers, teachers, and authors. Our intuitive writing process improves students’ writing, critical thinking, and communication skills—essential for success in school, career, and life.

What Young Writers Say:

"Write the World is the most welcoming and beneficial online platform for teen writers that I have encountered."
- Maryam Gamar, Canada

"I love being exposed to the ideas and writing of a global community of young writers, one I never would have had access to had I not been involved with WtW."
- Annabella Twomey, US

"I’m so glad I found Write The World. It's become my main source of inspiration and motivation for writing."
- Sirin Jitklongsub, Thailand