Enrollment is now closed. Sign up here to be alerted to future writing camp opportunities.

What Our Campers Say:

"This experience helped me grow because I was in a supportive community of writers. It was amazing to hear so many different perspectives." – (Cameron Hunt, 14)

"Having another perspective on one's work can be a very enlightening experience and it doesn't have to be scary. My mentor was able to point me to new possibilities for my writing and my characters, and I'm very grateful for it. It's really fun to give people reviews on their work." – (Minna Chow, 16)

"I have grasped a better understanding of myself as a writer. I have learned the importance of balancing plot and description and dialogue, as well as integrating them in a more seamless manner. It's a very positive and safe community to share and improve your work." – (Tiffany Leong, 17)

About the Camp

WHEN: Monday, August 3–Friday, August 7

WHO: Open to all teen writers ages 13-18, of any writing level or experience, anywhere in the world.

WHAT: Young writers will dive into the Fantasy and Sci-Fi genres while building their writing skills and connecting with peers around the world—all within a supportive and structured online writing camp hosted by Write the World.

Participants will respond to daily writing prompts and provide peer reviews and feedback to their fellow campers. They’ll engage in a combination of independent writing activities and group meetings while receiving daily individualized feedback and mentorship from our Expert Reviewers—a team of education and writing professionals. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to learn from a special guest author in the Sci-Fi and Fantasy genres.

At the end of the week, young writers who participate in all required elements of the program will receive a certificate of completion and share their work in a camp anthology.

SCHEDULE: Camp will consist of daily check-ins with Write the World educators (approximately 60-75 minutes per day), and all participants will work independently on prompts and activities, guided by peer and expert review, at their own pace for a total commitment of about three hours a day. Please note that we require all participants to appear on either video or audio during the online group meetings (video is preferred, but not required).

FAQ for Parents: If you are a parent/guardian, find out more about our moderation and privacy policy along with more in-depth camp details here.

COST: 250 USD per participant. Cancellations after July 27 will not be refunded.

ENROLLMENT: Enrollment is now closed. Sign up here to be alerted to future writing camp opportunities.

About Write the World

Developed in 2012 at Harvard University's Advanced Leadership initiative, Write the World is a student-centered learning platform that engages and motivates students to read and write. With young writers from over 125 countries, we give students the tools to draft, revise, and publish their work, all in a creative and supportive community of young writers, teachers, and authors. Our intuitive writing process improves students’ writing, critical thinking, and communication skills—essential for success in school, career, and life.